Top Jimi: Ceriatone Expression (Trainwreck Express Clone)

• Hey Kemper Fans,

We're profiled a Ceriatone Expression, a Trainwreck Express clone. To say we were blown away by the tone of this little amp would be an understatement! The ability of this amp to maintain clarity at very high levels of gain is different from any other we've tried. We profiled with Celestion Greenbacks and and 55Hz Blackbacks in Marshall 4x12 cabs, and tailored profiles for humbucker as well as single-coil guitars.

We think these are some of the best profiles we've ever produced. Includes merged profiles compatible with Kemper firmware 3.0 and above.

This extremely well-built clone went immediately went into Jimi's personal amp collection, and these profiles are what he's using live now.

Check 'em out and let us know what you think! :thumbup:

-Jimi

Profiles Available Here

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just tried these. The mid range is very chunky and is perfect for my tastes and setup. Lovely top end cut with no fizz. These are the best profiles I've ever played and I've played some excellent ones. Never an amp I'd consider as I assumed Trainwreck would be similar to a Dumble not Marshall. Modded Plexi tone is what I love.

• Just tried these. The mid range is very chunky and is perfect for my tastes and setup. Lovely top end cut with no fizz. These are the best profiles I've ever played and I've played some excellent ones. Never an amp I'd consider as I assumed Trainwreck would be similar to a Dumble not Marshall. Modded Plexi tone is what I love.

Well well! What were you monitoring through? I use a power amp and guitar cab. Interested how the sit in that context.

• If i could only ever have just one profile in my KPA, it would be MBritts Trainwreck profile -> gain + grind + clarity + chime ..... even at full saturation.... roll back the volume and its clean-heaven.

Based on TJ's video above, this sounds even better - and i didnt think that was possible ..... amazing amp ..... perfectly dialed-in ....... holy-grail-tone ..... absolutly astonishing.

This is a reference-standard profile ...... period.

Ben

• Well well! What were you monitoring through? I use a power amp and guitar cab. Interested how the sit in that context.

Hi Jer. I've monitored through a Friedman AMS 12 and my Marshall JCM 900 4x12 with gt12 75 speakers. Just been having a late night jam with headphones on as well. Sounds great through all to me.

EDIT: By the way I have the powerhead and have been using there merged profiles.

• Also one more thing.......I think I'm not supposed to be posting general talk and opinions about these profiles in this section now is that right???

Just been reading through the new rules etc.

So apologies to any of the moderators if this is the case and I've bumped this thread as is not allowed now by the rules??? Just wanted to make sure.

• Hi Jimi
    Thanks for your work on the Trainwreck; this amp is a monster of gain, isn't it?
    I just have a question:
    The TJ Twreck low 3 and TJ Twreck low 3M profiles sound different when played through studio monitors, which is not the case with the other studio and merged profiles. Could you please check if something went wrong during the merging process?
    Thanks
    ps: I'm not a 100% sure about the profiles names as I'm not in front of rig manager, but it's the profiles with the least gain

• Hi Jimi
    The TJ Twreck low 3 and TJ Twreck low 3M profiles sound different when played through studio monitors, which is not the case with the other studio and merged profiles. Could you please check if something went wrong during the merging process?

I noticed the same thing. The merged version is bad. Something similar happened with the 68 Marshall Merged profiles. Clearly Top Jimi is occasionally doing something wrong when creating merged profiles.

-ax

• Are you guys using these profiles for recording or live use? Even though I am an M.Britt fanboy, I still buy profiles from different commercial profile makers all the time. For 8.00 what's to lose and its always inspiring to try new tones. I own the top jimi 68 marshall, 74 Marshall, Soldano SLO and I purchased these. I always load the new profiles into my Kemper and try them at soundcheck at my gig. When I tried these "trainwreck" profiles, I suspected it was going to be the same thing as the others I have tried live and I was right. Too bright and brittle for live use. These are a little better than the others I own, but not much. They sound amazing on the recordings but through the mains at the gig, not so much. I also can say that every profile seems to have that same reverb. I call it Van Halen I reverb. I immediately turn it off when trying the profile. I love Van Halen I, but I don't wanna sound like it.

• Are you guys using these profiles for recording or live use? Even though I am an M.Britt fanboy, I still buy profiles from different commercial profile makers all the time. For 8.00 what's to lose and its always inspiring to try new tones. I own the top jimi 68 marshall, 74 Marshall, Soldano SLO and I purchased these. I always load the new profiles into my Kemper and try them at soundcheck at my gig. When I tried these "trainwreck" profiles, I suspected it was going to be the same thing as the others I have tried live and I was right. Too bright and brittle for live use. These are a little better than the others I own, but not much. They sound amazing on the recordings but through the mains at the gig, not so much. I also can say that every profile seems to have that same reverb. I call it Van Halen I reverb. I immediately turn it off when trying the profile. I love Van Halen I, but I don't wanna sound like it.

I can confirm this. Just loaded up the low3 profile and it's fine. Low3-m sounds much more "metallic" and fizzy. I only listened to merged profiles when going through these as that's how I'll be using them and just assumed this was more more modern metal style tone.

I tried to re merge this profile with the studio cab and it ended up with the same result. Much different from the studio profile.