Guidorist's Profiles

• Great news!

Your profiles were some of the first I bought, and the Bognar XTC is my current favorite for use with my MusicMan L3.

I'll have to admit I'm a bit bummed that I have to buy them all again.
    I bought a whole bunch of profile packs just before xmas, and haven't even had the time to play much with them.
    And since I have the power rack and play live I would benefit greatly from the merged versions...

Sigh.. that'll teach me not to buy stuff before I absolutely need it. Too much of a hoarder in me I guess...

• I ran these up last night and they sound superb. I've got the merged pack and ran them through a V30 loaded 4 x 12.

Looks like I will be leaving my Ecstacy at home in future :)

I have to say the prices for Guido's profiles is such that I think I'll be purchasing a load more of these...

Si

• hello i just purchased the new XTC merged pack, i own basically every Guido's profiles pack because i like them a lot, but I think the non merged XTC pack sounded a lot better, what do you think?

• Also a lot of the studio profiles sound very good when you change the cab. I have a fav cab from tonehammer and when i change some of the original studio profiles with this cab the sound is awesome. In general i like the idea to sell only merged profiles in future very much.

Cheers
    Frank

• Which cab? I have several from Tonehammer, thanks

mega boobie rk 2 x12. It is a cab from a rectifier oack from tonehammer. I use this cab permanently and you can hear how it sounds in my soundcloud example if you like. Use the link under my signature. There are many examples there, also with guidos studio profiles pimped with this cab.

• mega boobie rk 2 x12. It is a cab from a rectifier oack from tonehammer. I use this cab permanently and you can hear how it sounds in my soundcloud example if you like. Use the link under my signature. There are many examples there, also with guidos studio profiles pimped with this cab.

Do you know which particular profile from the rectifier pack? Because if I'm not mistaken it is possible they made a few micings or even that the cab profile was generated slightly different because of variations in amp settings for different profiles. (Unless they just copied the cab to all profiles.) Thanks!

• Sorry, dont know the exact name of the pack. All Profiles are called DUAL REC SOLO and the cab was in a pack update from Tonehammer with tis cab called mega boobie RK 2x12 from fraenggers.
    There are also a HESU and 1960AV in this update.
    I am sure you can ask the tonehammer guys and get the information in which pack exactly this cab is.

• Tonehammer only has about 15 cabs or so to choose from, and they are all absolutely stellar for a number of applications, they all rule seriously. Some of them are only available in certain packs ( diesel 2x12 for instance only available in pravey triple x pack, greenback cabs only available in certain packs etc) but they all are fantastic and useful with so many other merged profiles. His cabs are the only ones I use period.

• So here is an example with Guidos awesome Road Queen profiles and my fav fraenggers mega boobie RK 2x12 cab from Tonehammer cab. Hope you like it. I think this shows that you also can change a cab on cool studio profiles. I am waiting for the merged Road Queen profiles to compare it to this

All parts are played with my music man petrucci majesty

Part 1: Profile Road Queen 1 bridge pu
    Part 2: Neck
    Part 3: Profile Road Queen 2 bridge
    Part 4: Neck (mind blowing sustain)
    Part 5: Queen 5 Profile to show the dynamic with the vol knob
    Part 6: Profile 10
    Part 7: Profile 10 different tweak
    Part 8: The super clean profile 12

I think this profiles sound great and it's pure fun to play with them. I have the same experience with other profiles from Guido and some other commercial sellers like Andy (TAF) and sinmix with this awesome cab. I wish you could hear it loud at rehearshal. The sound blows you away.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Frank

• All parts are played with my music man petrucci majesty

Frank, very impressive performance ! So many different sound but one high quality.
    Perhaps I should try as a convinced democrat but once the monarchy. ;)

I think it is more realistic to accept that only as good guitarists like you can elicit such tones from the majesty. (even with extraordinay profiles) :thumbup:

• Frank, very impressive performance ! So many different sound but one high quality.Perhaps I should try as a convinced democrat but once the monarchy. ;)

I think it is more realistic to accept that only as good guitarists like you can elicit such tones from the majesty. (even with extraordinay profiles) :thumbup:

thx for your nice comment Harry but i disagree in one point: i am not a "good guitarist", i am lightyears away from Guidos or some other guys talent here. That drives me a little bit crazy but i try to practice every day and for me its just a hobby. I didnt know notes, youtube and tabulature were my friends as an autodidact.
    So sorry for some wrong notes, especially the slide in the arpeggio in part 2 ;)

Cheers
    Frank

• thx for your nice comment Harry but i disagree in one point: i am not a "good guitarist",

Let me see it from my point of view :)
    I do not compare you with anybody - I just listen the expression and the sound.
    Technical skill is not so much the thing I want to mention. (This is really not my area)

I know notes and I write notes, but I also do not play solis according notes. If I have play a solo I have to transform it to tabulatur or I improvise.
    I know music teacher only in connection with my Kids and as partner in our Bigband. ;)

stay tuned - Harry

BTW: I think it was Miles Davis who said. "There exist no wrong note. Wrong can only be the following note." :!: