Very dissapointed with reliability of Kemper on the road !

• I am surprised that no one mentioned using a voltage UPS stabiliser / regulator / spike remover like used on other computing equipment when its out on the road? (Maybe I missed it?). Lets face it, the Kemper is a computer and all those chips ARE sensitive to spikes and bad variable voltages even with the Kemper internal bits to help stop it... especially when on tour in some countries. I have seen crashing of the Kemper through that sort of thing and using one of those devices that is a uninterruptable power supply does help. They cost really little money and will often resolve that sort of thing. Just thought I would mention it.

i've seen many live gigs. big and small. one thing has changed in the last years: pretty much all the small gigs i've seen had digital desks (and of course digital FX units such as reverbs). If they were using UPS stabilizers or voltage regulators, those were for the entire setup, including the stage itself. The Profiler is not better or worse than any professional audio equipment when it comes to dealing with power issues. if you don't have a PSU for the rest of your (digital) equipment and you don't suffer from those problems on stage, you will not need one for the Profiler either.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• And maybe my sentiment of the title Is misunderstood because the kemper is very stable in the sense that on previous gigs, I never worried about it worked great for almost 3 years but when it fucked up as it did for me. I could not fix it myself and that is the difference I meant between a tube amp I could've fixed!

I actually since then have fixed the hot rod fender which I've been using but it's not kemper !

getting a back up is the only option, better than any amp tube or not!
    the chances that two kempers fuck up must be very very very slim !

Edited 2 times, last by kriswylde ().

• i've seen many live gigs. big and small. one thing has changed in the last years: pretty much all the small gigs i've seen had digital desks (and of course digital FX units such as reverbs). If they were using UPS stabilizers or voltage regulators, those were for the entire setup, including the stage itself.

True. Issues may raise when (specially in small venues) all the stage\band is analog, mains drops for a few tenths of seconds and everything boots back up in one second, while the Profiler takes tens of seconds or minutes, depending on how much stuff you have installed. Even a cheap UPS would prevent this to happen.
    This may happen for example at my place, in winter several times a week. That's why both my PC and my Profiler are served by an UPS.
    As for the spikes (that are less important unless they are strong) and noise, a simple filtered multiple socket with a breaker will do the job (better if after the UPS, specially if the latter is of low quality and its sinusoids are actually Aztec pyramids LOL).
    :)

• Just got my Kemper back, was using my Pod HD 500 for the past couple of weeks. Plugged in my Kemper , what a difference in tone, sound and feel.

I know why I missed it so much

I'd just give a big Thanks to Achim Lenzgen for everything . Great to have my Kemper Back !!

• No I asked but he didn't say, but now I got my Kemper on a voltage regulator in case .... Just such a pleasure to get it back. I was literally miserable not to have it . And the difference is staggering I've been giging 6 nights a week with my HD500 , so I'm used to the sound and feel, and 1st lick on the Kemper and I was like "Fuck yeah " what a difference !

I'm avoiding Evil Penguin....