Lydian Mode

• Hi Guys,

I thought I'd post this.

I got this off Guitar Master Class. Its our friend Guido, and its a study of the Lydian Mode.

I had to change a couple of things cos I'm not that good <X I enjoyed learning tho.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Nice, thanks for sharing. Modes always screw everyone up. I teach some great guitar players but as soon as you mention MODES they lose their heads,They just cant get their heads round the fact that its just the major scale but focusing on a different Root note and the Tones / Semi-Tones which are now in a different order are what give the mode its sounds.

• Nice, thanks for sharing. Modes always screw everyone up. I teach some great guitar players but as soon as you mention MODES they lose their heads,They just cant get their heads round the fact that its just the major scale but focusing on a different Root note and the Tones / Semi-Tones which are now in a different order are what give the mode its sounds.

I had a fantastic teacher when I began learning guitar. Jazz guy, pretty popular in the Richmond, VA music scene, got me into scales and modes and 7th arpeggios a year and a half into learning how to play. He appreciated that I wanted to learn how to Satriani (yes, I'm using his name as a verb!), and got me into it early. It's not difficult stuff, but it takes time and discipline, which, unfortunately, most guitarists lack these days - they want to learn a few chords and some songs and don't want to learn theory because they're afraid "they will lose the soul in their playing." Ugh.

That said, killer playing. Lydian's one of my favorites.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• I like tu use names as verbs! :thumbup:
    So, in these days I'd like to Govan...

I don't have enough free time in my life to Govan. I'll settle for Satching.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack