Top Jimi: Paul Gilbert's '74 Lee Jackson Marshall (V2)

• One of our most popular profile packs has been updated with better microphone techniques and merged profiles for firmware 3.X!

This is a killer amp from my personal collection, with a fascinating back story:

The story behind this amp is quite interesting. Paul Gilbert owned this amp while attending GIT and had it modified in 1985 by Lee Jackson. Paul used the amp to record the first two Racer X albums, Street Lethal and Second Heat. According to Paul, the amp was stolen out of a friend's car and disappeared. I took a chance and purchased the amp off eBay, not knowing for sure what it was. I contacted Paul and all indications are that this is the amp. It sounds killer—the perfect 80's hair metal amp!

Trying to be a good citizen, I did ask Paul if he wanted the amp back, but fortunately (for me) he did not. :)

Modifications include: An added tube for additional preamp gain, an added tube for a tube effects loop, an added master volume, a line out, and a conversion to KT-88 output tubes.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

High Quality Audio Demo

Profiles Available Here

Thanks,
    Jimi

• Some folks have been wondering if we're doing a free upgrade if you bought the Version 1 profile pack. We think the Version 1 profiles were a good value, and creating the Version 2 profiles was a ton of work. For these reasons we're not doing a free profile pack upgrade unless you purchased the Version 1 pack within the past month.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Jimi

• Jimi, I believe I paid for these profile an hour or so ago, I'm sure it said the transaction was complete (via paypal). Checked my PayPal and there is no record of me completing the transaction and I have received no emails from PayPal or an email from you with the links to the profiles.

Could you check for me whether the payment has went through, if not something must have went wrong and I'll just order again.

• Jimi, I believe I paid for these profile an hour or so ago, I'm sure it said the transaction was complete (via paypal). Checked my PayPal and there is no record of me completing the transaction and I have received no emails from PayPal or an email from you with the links to the profiles.

I had same experience last week, when I wanted to order "Ceriatone Expression".Profile.
    PM was not answered.

• PM was not answered.

I PMd Jimi a while ago about another thing. No answer there but he did promptly respond to an email to jim @ topjimi.com (as listed on his website). Just a thought...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• I PMd Jimi a while ago about another thing. No answer there but he did promptly respond to an email to jim @ topjimi.com (as listed on his website). Just a thought...

Thank you, but it's not so important for me. As long I do not loose money ;)

• And GO! Sorry for the clams, I have an injured left ring finger. Ouch!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast

• Yeah, sounds real great. These profiles are fun to play. :)

Rhythms were TJ-LJ Marsh Med, double tracked and hard panned left and right. Left side was the neck pickup and right side was the bridge. Solo was done with TJ-LJ Marsh Max-2 and I turned the delay on.

Husband, Father, Pajama Enthusiast