Play with two amps together with Kemper

• Read well where you are writing, I propose what I see necessary if you do not like do not read my post, it´s very simple.

I see very much intelligent people here and are always the same, there are things that can not defend themselves and this is one of them.

• Buy as many KPA's as you like. With the constant latency feature you can combine as many amps as you have KPAs.
    For recording, just use the reamp feature and add as many amps as you like. Problem solved.

• Buy as many KPA's as you like. With the constant latency feature you can combine as many amps as you have KPAs.
    For recording, just use the reamp feature and add as many amps as you like. Problem solved.

It is no problem to buy or not, this post is to ask for this feature I see necessary. if I had that option would have sold a lot more, that's for sure

• Dude, the Profiler in its current carnation will continue to be successful regardless of what you say and imply here.
    And IF there'll be another 2nd gen Kemper down the line in a few years time make sure you'll be the first one to buy it then.

Well sure not to buy Kemper it if you roll with this feature. I see that is a feature that bothers 2 amplifiers while :)

Ask how many people would say that if this feature or not ....

• Relax guys, it's a feature request;
    the fact that you don't need it doesn't make it less valid for some.
    Saying "if you need 2 amps at the same time, buy a second kemper" is not very helpful either.
    What about all those who have asked for a Spring Reverb or a Delay before the amp?
    "The kemper doesn't have a Spring reverb, so if you need one, buy one. You need delay before the amp? Well buy a delay pedal and put it before the kemper. Done"
    All the feature requests can be answered this way.
    Now as far as we know, the Kemper can't handle 2 amps at the same time, but with KTeam, you can never know what to expect in the future...

• That is a completely different issue!

Asking for things that can, or, maybe done rather than saying that it's ridiculous that the kemper can't do this or that!

Just to be clear, If someone bought a Kemper and then said that if they'd known it didn't have a spring reverb they wouldn't have bought it! I'd say that they should have checked it out first.

I don't mind future requests! regardless of how daft I think some of them are.

I do however take exception to someone saying that the thing is outdated because it doesn't do something that they think is vital!

• Totally agree with you my friend. if you realize, do not give any kind of argument because the Kemper should not have this feature, only disrespect. That says a lot of them and they also really want it.

• Totally agree with you my friend. if you realize, do not give any kind of argument because the Kemper should not have this feature, only disrespect. That says a lot of them and they also really want it.

You already got your answer to your question a long time ago since CK said that the KPA does not offer this feature."Disrespect" is to open threads with the exactly same question again and again every few months with what intention exactly; :rolleyes:

• Fair point and my post was fairly lacking in depth. I do understand that there is a place for dual amps and my point would be much easier to relay in person! I'll try a bit harder....

a) Dual amp stereo rigs (wet/dry type rigs) - great for home use where the stereo effect can add excitement in a headphone/low volume scenario. Not good for recording; a mix needs to sound good in mono and stereo setups can have comb filtering/phase cancellation issues when summed; double tracking with the second amp is much preferred. Not great at smaller live venues where you're struggling for sonic separation within the band nor at medium/large venues where PAs are usually run in mono. If you're using a sound engineer they're unlikely to be terribly interested in your stereo set up (unless they're on your payroll), merely wanting to produce a decent FOH mix (see earlier reference to Myles Kennedy).

b) Dual amp rigs, each used as for separate tones (Fender cleans and Marshall crunch for example). Works brilliant but the Kemper already excels at this.

c) Dual amps mono rigs - This can work brilliantly but can also cause all sorts of ground loop noise. (With obvious exceptions) this is often used by those using different amps to compensate for the deficiencies of the amps they own (not saying the amps are bad, just missing something). I've experimented with mixing Vox, Marshall, Matchless and Fender amps in this scenario joyfully imagining the tonal nirvana to come. To mine (and everyone in the band's ears), twice the amps never equated to twice the tone. Usually the opposite!

For me, dual amp capability is mostly a product of the domestic, home user market. Without meaning any offence to those who do this, I find that those with multi-amp stage rigs are often focussed on their own role and having their 'own sound'. That's fine if you're someone like Joe Bonamassa who is the focus point, or even Jimmy Herring (both of whom would be able to buy two Kempers by the looks of it!). But for the rest of us it's something of an overkill when the Kemper is already capable of producing some of the best guitar tones available; realistically only guitarists will notice our guitar tone anyway!! ;)

• Sorry Ingolf, that remark was intended for JH-2, Not you!

I think you're super ;)

Dang. I was about to like the post. LOL

Now as far as we know, the Kemper can't handle 2 amps at the same time, but with KTeam, you can never know what to expect in the future...

I've often wondered whether or not the CPU could handle 2 profiles if all the stomp and FX slots were disabled...

100% agree, wit' chu, chu!

For mixing it's a nightmare, and for me the ultimate test is how easily a space can be carved out for it as well as how much it interferes with vocal intelligibility and so on. Piling on the harmonics, which is essentially what this does, is inviting a headache IMHO.

• I don´t agree with you. Metal Rock and many people use two amps and my sound is also composed of two different amplifiers.

To use 2 amplifiers have to know how to use it to join, if you do not know how to do it is better to wear one.

• hey guys.

first, please be calm and civil.

also I would ask anybody to read this thread from the beginning to the end (as I just did) before adding another post. the request was made, it was commented upon and unless no new information is added, please stop bumping another thread that is getting a little ridiculous.
    there is some good info in here (thanks chu) and that's what this forum is about. Namecalling and simply repeating the same thing without adding anything new isn't.

@JH-2
    good to see you kept a cool head ;)
    In your dual amp setup, do you run two different amps at similar gain levels and combine them for tonal reasons, or do you combine different gain levels to achieve more clarity and string definition?

• Hi DonPetersen,

Glad to see your response and try to put a bit of calm. If you read my post from the beginning you will not see any disrespect for me, some users try to convince something impossible and they disrespect to me. Some people are very closed ideas and if not what they want to get angry.

I not seen any detailed post from dual amps, I talk about profiling of 2 amps and It's possible play with 2 Kemper amps together with one Mesa Boogie 4x12 Cabinet. If there a post about this please send it to me.

My dual amp setud is this, Chad explains it well:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is impossible to get a sound so with a only one amplifier, Metallica, Testament, Pantera, Rammstein, Slayer etc .... all of them have more than one amp.

Thanks

• basically it's like this:
    if you want to layer a heavily distorted amp with a clean(er) one, profiling won't work all that well, since there will be only one gain value.
    it is however possible to get the same effect (clarity, string definition) by adjusting the parameters Clarity (haha), Direct Mix, Definition or to use the parallel path feature.

if you are layering two amps with similar amounts of gain, then profiling could work (at least one user in this forum and Michael Wagner reported that they successfully did this) - even though this is not an officially advertised feature - YMMV.
    The result will always be one profile consisting of the mix of both amps, so no L/R panning etc. and this requires you to actually have and profile the two whole setups together.

if you want the capability to layer two amp profiles - you need two Profilers. ;)