Show your latest guitar

• More "Proud Father" than Kemper Related...

My Saturday Night...
    My son's HS band performed at a competition in our little home town. So nice not having to make a 2 hour drive to see them. Heading to the venue, I get an emergency call. Their Fender Aerodyne Bass broke a tuner.
    I go back home, gather parts and tools, and meet them at the school. 10 minutes later, new tuner, and good as new. It's what I do
    They paid me back by being the Grand Champions out of 22 bands.
    So proud of him/them!
    Here is their performance.
    https://youtu.be/-4UlghXFnhE

• I have told the story before. One of my most used and loved guitar is a Squier Deluxe Stratocaster. After two fretjobs the frets now were all the way down and the neck itself was heavily (ab)used. So first I didn't want to go through a refret- also because some frets already had been glued in poorly and I didn't want to spend too much time.

But then my love for this guitar was stronger! I did a full refret with Wagner stainless steel frets - should last forever now <3

This guitar was modded before, but I changed the pickups to a Seymour Duncan Black Winter in the bridge and two DiMarzio Area 58 "single coils" in middle and neck position. The guitar also has a new big Tremolo block (rolled steel), new Gotoh saddles, bone nut, very nice GraphTech Ratio Tuners, GraphTech string trees, a treble bleed circuit and a few other things going on... and some cosmetic work was done to let her shine again (Schaftol special oil did some magic to the beaten up maple neck).

• '72-'75 (I think that's the year range, there's no way to nail it down further apparently) Gibson SJ (Southern Jumbo) Deluxe. Almost mint for it's age, definitely the best sounding acoustic I've ever heard. I'm the second owner, my buddy's grandfather bought it new and it stayed in the family until I bought it a few weeks ago.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• PRS 509 10 GUITAR LIMITED WOOD LIBRARY RUN, Artist Package, Swamp Ash Body, flamed maple neck and fretboard.

On order since last July- retirement guitar- PRS Special 22 Limited Edition Artist Package semi hollow in Fire Red Burst. Signed by Paul "Happy Retirement, Will, Paul Reed Smith". Due in October 2019!

• Reverend "Dirtbike" has a LP Jr. vibe with a 16K HB with a bass contour. It rolls off for a P90 to a Tele sound.

I'm Squanking Wheelies without a Freqout pedal.8)

16K HB with bass contour,sounds very interesting.

On thursday i'll take a look at an 2nd hand Reverend Manta Ray HB.

These Reverend Guitars are still worth a try.

• These Reverend guitars look GREAT ... except for the headstock design :saint:

This looks so wrong ^^ Is this a "wooden saw" to cut off the hands of your bass player, when he comes to close on stage?8o

This looks so wrong ^^ Is this a "wooden saw" to cut off the hands of your bass player, when he comes to close on stage?8o

Or if he plays the wrong note or sloppy. ^^

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I picked up a couple of new toys (and traded out a couple of old toys) within the last couple of months.

Suhr Pete Thorn (Mahogany neck/body, maple cap)

Anderson Drop Top (Alder body, roasted maple neck,maple cap)

• 16K HB with bass contour,sounds very interesting.

On thursday i'll take a look at an 2nd hand Reverend Manta Ray HB.

These Reverend Guitars are still worth a try.

My Reverend Sensei Ra has the bass contour and I like it.

To quote the webpage it’s a “passive bass roll-off is great for tightening up the low end, or re-voicing the pickups. It can make a humbucker sound like a single-coil, or give a P-90 that classic twang. Variable pickup voicing at your fingertips!

It give this baby a different sound anyway

Edited once, last by Deej09 ().

• I don't usually comment on this thread because - call me not having a sophisticated taste - I basically love all the guitars and pictures you guys post here!

This time though - my god, these pictures and that purple is just crazy beautiful!

(Not to mention diamond plate is always a bonus ;))

Actually, having the sawtooth option makes it easier to play synth solos without having to buy a lot of extra gear.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Because it was so much fun modding my Squier, I also gave my first (serious) guitar a second chance. After cleaning every single part, scraping the fretboard and a complete fret job, it shines again: My Ibanez RG507 Black Gold from 1997!

And the Licensed Floyd Rose - after all these years - works still flawless.

• I don't usually comment on this thread because - call me not having a sophisticated taste - I basically love all the guitars and pictures you guys post here!

This time though - my god, these pictures and that purple is just crazy beautiful!

(Not to mention diamond plate is always a bonus ;))

Thanks man - she is a sweetie ? sounds awesome too (railhammer chisel pickups). Pics taken on the fire escape at work ?....I also agree that the purple is lovely.