Show your latest guitar

• so last month I've done a sort of inventory of my giutars and I've discovered that (if I counted correctly) Today 'the Blacky' turns Twenty!

When I bought it was nothing more than a 2001 Standard but with 57 and 57+ Pick ups.

Estetically Identical to this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've also realized that, now the only part still original, is the Bridge.. and the Paint on the back and neck.

It has alway been my ''2nd choice'', or better the one with an alternative sound, the one to experiment with..without regrets.

During this years I've changed everything, Pickups, tuners, knobs, pots, wiring, all the plastics,

I've also switch the case to a Black and Chrome one (it's an original gibson case of a 2004 usa std)

So, happy B-day darling.

• humm.. I'm not the luthier that realized it:

He's the Man!

It's nitro for sure 'cause we both agreed on this istantly, the hardest part was how to actually realize the top.

I've explained him What I would like to see once finished and we dicussed a bit on how to pratically realize the chrome flamed darkburst top

It was an experiment for him too, He did some test with differnt materials and differnt processes showing me step by step the differences.

In the end we agreed that the Alluminium foils were the best solution for my goal.

• Very creative. I never thought of that. Looks great. Although I would never have the guts to do that to a Gibson. My LP major mods generally start with an Epi to keep the cost reasonable - the only thing that I would normally keep is the wood. Thanks for giving me a new idea.

• Holy moly for the purists, tone wood cultist will come and treathen you because you just killed a very fine guitar with the use of cheap and lavish aluminum XD LOL I love the work, it looks surreal and shiny, I bet it is even better in person.

The answer is 42

• Wow! that is very nice. Would love to have one but I don't think I could afford that plus the resulting divorce.

The Gibson Howard Roberts is basically a Gibson ES 175 (hollow body archtop), with an oval soundhole instead of f-holes. It's a very cool guitar that I picked up when I started playing again after an excruciatingly long hiatus from playing.

• New guitar otw left handed Charvel Pro-Mod So-Cal style 1. Never tried a charvel and being a lefty there isn’t any available to try in my area so I am taking a shot in the dark because I love the specs. Any one with any experience with Charvel maybe describe the neck ? I have a USA Jackson Soloist, esp e2 m2, fender players Telecaster, Ltd ec1000, Dean Z and a Dean Mustaine signature VMNT Flying V. What would Charvel neck be most similar to ? Thanks

• A esp 2II mII is the same neck spec as a fender if I'm right. I haven't played a charvel in years in guitar shops but I have small hands and I did find the neck to be comfortable and I do have a horizon ntII and very comfortable with the neck.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Yzman82 You will fall in love with that Charvel neck! Smoothest neck I ever felt. The rolled edges is like slipping on an old shoe. My pro mod san dimas HH is my number one. Can't seem to find better.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.