Show your latest guitar

• I sold my Larrivee RS4 to somewhat pay for the Taylor 150e, but also just bought a Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar (the clean version, not relic'd)

Should arrive this week. You can't always play a lefty before you hear it, but I've not owned a humbucking Fender before and they say this is very versatile (certainly sounds it from YouTube) plus the Nirvana stuff is always great rock.

I did a test through my various guitars and tone-wise for I've come up with a list of what I like priority-wise (these are just their recorded tones, volume back a bit on a Laney amp, looking for variety and usability of tones):

I did a test of my current stock, all pickups on clean through a Laney profile to see what I liked best. First the tones had to sound good to my ears in a mix I'm working on. Second, I'm looking for variety. Third, I'm looking for "bad tones" with shrill or biting tones that I don't like.

1) Thorn SoCal RS
    2) Ernie Ball Axis Sport MM90s
    3) Gibson LP Trad Pro
    4) Fender Telecaster 52 RI
    5) Guild Starfire IV
    6) PRS Custom 22
    7) Fender American Stratocaster (2010 body w/1996 pickups)

I should also do this with a decent distortion profile and re-compare.

What surprised me was how low the PRS was to what I like. And how high the Tele was from my impressions when I track with it.
    I had to tame the Thorn quite a bit (half on volume) as it's very hot. Maybe I should drop the pickups?

But what this kind of DOES tell me is that the Stratocaster is next on the Auction Block! After the Distortion checklist I'll know what's next. The PRS or Guild if I ever need to off another guitar.

You guys know how it is. The least played/used is the next to sell. Not that it's a bad guitar at all. Some of you can collect 50 guitars. But I have space considerations as well as money (translate = "not getting beat up by wife")

When I get the Jaguar I'll post it this week.

I'm going to pre-guess my distortion list and see how close I come:
    1) LP
    2) Guild
    3) PRS
    4) Tele
    5) Thorn
    6) Axis Sport
    7) Strat

I SHOULD use a Marshall, so maybe I'll pick my fav: Bluesbreaker profile.

• Oh, my latest guitar. I didn't take a picture, so I'll do stock since it literally looks the same. But got this yesterday:

[Blocked Image: https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--jv_Tv1H1--/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_auto:eco,w_620/v1461616396/xhzuzoow9egqkzy173hg.jpg]

That's cool DB!
    I just bought my first 12 string (also a lefty). Needing it for some acoustic Christmas shows coming up. Had never even played a 12 before this turned up in the mail the other day. It's a different feel for sure that I need to get used too, but its good fun and gives a pretty cool sound.
    I got a Cole Clark FL2A. Needed something with a killer internal pickup and this one has a piezo, top mounted surface sensor and an internal mic so you can blend all 3 together however you want. Pretty cool. I bought this one from Jerrys Lefty Guitars in Florida:

[Blocked Image: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/bradgreen78/Cole%20Clark%20FL2A%2012%20String%201_zpsa0fpmrmj.jpg]

Recorded a crappy quick phone vid just after I pulled it out of the box (I was a little excited ). You can hear the strings stretching out of tune as its played for the first time Haha...oh, and fingerpicking on a 12 is a new skill I've yet to master!

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's cool DB!I just bought my first 12 string (also a lefty). Needing it for some acoustic Christmas shows coming up. Had never even played a 12 before this turned up in the mail the other day. It's a different feel for sure that I need to get used too, but its good fun and gives a pretty cool sound.
    I got a Cole Clark FL2A. Needed something with a killer internal pickup and this one has a piezo, top mounted surface sensor and an internal mic so you can blend all 3 together however you want. Pretty cool. I bought this one from Jerrys Lefty Guitars in Florida:

[Blocked Image: http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o566/bradgreen78/Cole%20Clark%20FL2A%2012%20String%201_zpsa0fpmrmj.jpg]

Recorded a crappy quick phone vid just after I pulled it out of the box (I was a little excited ). You can hear the strings stretching out of tune as its played for the first time Haha...oh, and fingerpicking on a 12 is a new skill I've yet to master!

That has some really nice wood character! Yeah, Jerry sells top quality stuff. I bet it's got a gorgeous layer of overtones in the room!

You do have to get used to it. And you can't quite play the same intricate way. You have to soft of dumb down your playing and let the double strings do the talking.

But I see the 12 string as a tool for writing music, playing with more sound when by yourself, and over-all, giving a very happy sound.

I don't think you can be or play depressed music on a 12 string! So it's a mood-changer to boot.

• I finally finished my semi-hollow strat, Its made from one piece african mahagony (back) and 2 pieces bookfolded european nut (top), Schaller tuners, Gretsch Filtertron for the bridge and vinatge low output single coils. I am quite happy with that lady! :P For a true punk guitar the gold hardware should be faded and f***ed up, but that will come for free if I play her enough... :D

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Dang. More great guitars.

I finally finished my semi-hollow strat, Its made from one piece african mahagony (back) and 2 pieces bookfolded european nut (top), Schaller tuners, Gretsch Filtertron for the bridge and vinatge low output single coils. I am quite happy with that lady! :P For a true punk guitar the gold hardware should be faded and f***ed up, but that will come for free if I play her enough... :D

Ridiculous, Spinner, and it'll look fantastic next to the first one!

Oh man, I'm such a huge fan of wood and these things you're making are killin' me, brah. Well done!

This baby arrives Friday!!! Can't wait!!!!

Suhr Modern Pro!

I love Suhrs, Barry. Well done, mate!

You've gotta let us know how she plays, man.

• Yeah, very nice, I'm now looking to the harley benton videos from youtube now !!

There seems to have a killer quality compare to their price (can you confirm that ?)
    I'm so happy with my amazing Claise guitars but I could easily be tempted to have one harley one day (maybe in a guitar style that i don't have yet)

I'm also very happy about my harley benton power amp btw.

• Yeah, very nice, I'm now looking to the harley benton videos from youtube now !!

There seems to have a killer quality compare to their price (can you confirm that ?)
    I'm so happy with my amazing Claise guitars but I could easily be tempted to have one harley one day (maybe in a guitar style that i don't have yet)

Yeah, very nice, I'm now looking to the harley benton videos from youtube now !!

For that price i think is ok.

Stay Metal!

• Just got a Kurt Cobain Jaguar (non-relic version) and it's the most versatile and best clean tone Fender I've ever played sound-wise (amazing mid tones on cleans like Lollars, every pickup position useful, lots of variety on tone/volume knobs)

On my KPA's Fender profiles it's nothing short of amazing.
    On other ones, i.e. Blues breaker, it's muddier. I've noticed this, strangely, for all SC pickups I've put into my Fender Strats ( this jaguar has DiMarzio humbuckers)

It's the only left-handed Jaguar currently available. The ability to have great mid-presence on cleans and then go crunch by digging, then full distortion with a switch flip, makes it easy to handle through all this variety.

I'm am SO glad I got this as It's a keeper. I don't go around playing Nirvana, but I got into their stuff like many people did of course and really like the guitar sounds of Nevermind and In Utero

Apparently, the original was Cliff Richards guitarist who modded the hell out of it. Whomever, they knew what they were doing and Kurt sure had an ear for a great sound to choose this chopped up Jaguar. Of note, the Gotoh tuners are slapped over prepped areas for original Jaguar tuner holes, so even though this isn't a "relic" guitar, it looks modded at the tuner area. (at first I thought the seller had swapped them, lol.)

ONLY problem I have with it is the Whammy bar currently sucks. If used it permanently detunes or up-tunes the strings a half or whole step. Never seen this happen this bad. Maybe it needs some grease? I'll have my Luthier go over it. Would be cool to use since it's floating and you can pull and push on it. Cost $900, American w/parts assembled in Mexico. Frets are smooth and it holds it's tune ok. The neck falls into my hands so well it is much easier to barre chords than any MIM, American or a Custom Shop I used to own. My current American has very low action, but the wider neck with shallow back makes barre-ing a bit sloppy for my hands compared to most other guitars I have.

(Sellers pictures):
    [Blocked Image: https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--Bq6cVc4H--/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_auto:eco,w_620/v1475522249/sjhig86mcene4vaxt5ke.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--oWd-NqIM--/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_auto:eco,w_620/v1475522242/xpesfd4gtasp3cebcqig.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--AnNR2Rxk--/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_auto:eco,w_620/v1475522245/q17m8s8em95cgtz6ftvn.jpg]

And in action:
    [Blocked Image: http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/images/blog_entry/1000x306/8e64c804630caefd9543568bfc48d38234ca3838.jpg]

Edited 2 times, last by db9091 ().

• What's funny is, I've got an Agile 24 fret neck through LP copy with Zhangbucker custom wound pickups that smokes about every $2000-$6000 guitar I've ever owned. That CE24 is just a rare guitar that I've not wanted to change the pickups/electronics on.

:)

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• What's funny is, I've got an Agile 24 fret neck through LP copy with Zhangbucker custom wound pickups that smokes about every $2000-$6000 guitar I've ever owned. That CE24 is just a rare guitar that I've not wanted to change the pickups/electronics on.
    :)

We agree on the CE24 but maybe I got an Agile dud. My LP copy was nowhere near the hype I had read about. Fake flame top, very short tenon compared to the ones people showed online and very sticky finish once the sweat started flowing. They said it was solid mahogany and I'm not a tree expert and have no education in field of wood identification...but, I would have put down money that it was poplar or maybe even paulownia the way I was able to dig my fingernail into the wood in the control cavity and inconsistent wood grain in the see-thru rear finish. But, with that said, it sounded good and the hardware was surprisingly well made but, when it came down to playing, it was never a guitar I would grab for first. See the MIJ Burny in my avatar? Got it for the same price as a top-of-the-line Agile LP and it's as solid as they come and will appreciate in value. Definitely a better value than any Agile. I wouldn't say it blows away my Gib Les Paul, but it comes close for 1/5 the price. Sorry, I just get a massive chill down my spine anytime I read online that some guy's Agile with GFS pickups "blows away" this or that. Never tried Zhangbuckers but I'm a loyal WCR guy :)

• (All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• We agree on the CE24 but maybe I got an Agile dud. My LP copy was nowhere near the hype I had read about. Fake flame top, very short tenon compared to the ones people showed online and very sticky finish once the sweat started flowing. They said it was solid mahogany and I'm not a tree expert and have no education in field of wood identification...but, I would have put down money that it was poplar or maybe even paulownia the way I was able to dig my fingernail into the wood in the control cavity and inconsistent wood grain in the see-thru rear finish. But, with that said, it sounded good and the hardware was surprisingly well made but, when it came down to playing, it was never a guitar I would grab for first. See the MIJ Burny in my avatar? Got it for the same price as a top-of-the-line Agile LP and it's as solid as they come and will appreciate in value. Definitely a better value than any Agile. I wouldn't say it blows away my Gib Les Paul, but it comes close for 1/5 the price. Sorry, I just get a massive chill down my spine anytime I read online that some guy's Agile with GFS pickups "blows away" this or that. Never tried Zhangbuckers but I'm a loyal WCR guy :)

The Agile I'm talking about is a neck through LP copy. No problems with the top or the rest of the wood.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: