Show your latest guitar

• Harry that double cut looks so much better, i bet the leads are easy on that man, absolute eye candy
    Thanks for that Harry, since i am a lefty i maybe limited (sadly).

Yep the guitar is very versatile because of splittin', I did with the replaced PU's.
    Now it is a rare oldtimer with 5 Kg and at the moment I prefer true single coil sound with less weight.

• Guys just updating my report on the earvana nut fitted to my Les Paul Standard, its helped a bit to stay in Tune, but i still have problems with it.
    Is there any Les Paul alternatives you might recommend ? I am thinking a Gretsch G6134LH Left-Handed White Penguin Chambered guitar
    (below) or Maybe a The PRS McCarty Singlecut 594????

@Sharry gaves a good hint!
    I have to say, that my experiences with MiJ-Guitars of the 70s/80s are very, very good.
    Used guitars I checked out are the Burny RL Custom 65 (only early 80s! cheap at this moment) with the first VH-1 PUs and the Greco EG 900 (1979 with the DiMarzios, not so cheap). If you ask me, I would answer these guitars are all better than the new Gibson LPS. A high-price level is the YAMAHA SG-3000 with the bold through tenon. Awesome!

The new brands (I never checked out but I heard only good things) are for sure Momose LP Models and especially the Shimamura History Models (look at the red one!).

• Ash, perhaps an Eliot Easton Gretsch is closer to a LP than the Penguin. Easton is a lefty player and they made lefty guitars of his model now discontinued, but perhaps you may find a second hand one. I'll sell you mine ha ha  :P . Chambered and light with a slim neck, it is a hybrid and not a LP, but it is a good guitar. My LP is not a bad guy in the tuning department, and yet, I restrung it with DR strings the other day and it became a pain in the ass! I have used Gibson vintage sets, 10s, for ages and it behaved itself! Perhaps the strings, perhaps my restringing sloppiness, the gremlins? Have you located the problem? Nut, bridge,...? Another option besides PRS and Yamaha are Hammer guitars. Southpaws have less options. Perhaps we should all migrate to Texas? There is or was a good shop there for us. :wacko:

Never too old for rock'n'roll

Edited 3 times, last by CJGOMEZ ().

• Thanks so much for the suggestions guys, i looked into and considered each one :)
    I tried getting the intonation, bridge and nut checked, it was suggested that i get the earvana nut to compensate

Soon as i play the D chord BAM...it was terrible and after each song it was out...checked the way the strings were wound etc.
    I must admit the earvana nut did help a bit ..it improved the intonation very well. Encase any one does not know what that is, its basically having the same note every where on the neck staying in tune (for example open and 12 fret etc)

Despite it staying in tune a bit longer, its still not up to my standard of paying 3.5 grand for a guitar :)
    MANY PEOPLE have this problem with LP's.

I have spent a lot of time checking the EVERTUNE bridge demos and intonation etc.
    so far i think i might try that FIRST, i dont think its gonna be too much of a compromise

You guys might think i am ruining my LP, but if you check some of the tests they check out.
    If you guys really think its not worth it, then ill go back and look at the other options :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Hey Ash: I'm throwing it out there.just in case. Are you properly stretching the strings? I keep stretching each string with the tuner on until it no longer goes flat and I've never had any problem with any guitar not staying in tune even those without locking tuners. It takes a good ten minutes for all strings but if I don't then the guitar would go out of tune quickly after a few bends/

• Dean we never have this prob with quality Chinese guitars right ? :D
    brother that's the only thing I have not tried (stretching the string etc)
    I need a beer but what's new ^^

K, will give that a shot man thanks Dean
    Chibsons prob stay in tune! :P8o

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• yup and I want that double agent revered guitar
    You can get a lot of sounds from it god dam it
    Don't forget I am a lefty which is why I need beer to stop my depression :D

Ash

• yup and I want that double agent revered guitar
    You can get a lot of sounds from it god dam it
    Don't forget I am a lefty which is why I need beer to stop my depression :D

Ash

http://www.sixstringbrewing.com.au/Home.html

• Ash, don't forget to check out Tokai guitars. They are reputed to be much better than Gibsons. And they do the Les Paul shape.

As far as ESP Eclipses, they kick the ass out of most Gibsons, imho. Much better construction and very fast necks. However, try before you buy. I know most of them come with EMGs, but you could swap those out for more vintage pups and they will sound great.

• The 3 Sisters 8lbs,9lbs,10lbs. My first Les Paul was a 61 and intonation was not even close. Over the years the 70's were the worst for Gibson and Fender. In the 80's they started trying again. These funky Antonio Tsai Guitars from Vietnam Strobed better than any of the hundreds on guitars I've set up. The abalone honey in the middle was my second purchase. I added the whammy and locked it for the use of the fine turners and set it up for slide. The first 2 have Suhr pickups. The one on the right is still pending. You never know what's gonna work. Don't stop trying new things. People looked at my Kemper and thought it was strange. A friend just bought one this week. He had too... 8)

• New guitar build - I will use her for a while although it is sold....Kemper picture of the finished guitar at the end of the video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also a mate played her left handed and upside down and she sounds sweet. Selma profile on kemper
    By M Britt and it's stunning @lonestargtr. Sound recorded on an iPhone so compressed..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.