Show your latest guitar

• I think before one buys an Ibanez, one must try an Ibanez.

There necks are either love them or hate them. And while you might love them at first (they are very fast and thin as hell), after a while, you may hate them. I used to get a pain in my wrist from playing Ibanes guitars, because my fingers would cramp on such a thin neck.

I totally agree about trying before buying. The necks on the AZ range are at the other end of the scale, a real departure for the modern Ibanez that we know. They are wide and really fat. Fatter than my Tyler, which are renowned for being baseball bats. I didn’t like it.

I agree with you on the Japanese Ibanez quality, too. There was a time when they were really outstanding. Nowadays I think you need to be a super star guitar player and get one of their master builders to make a bespoke one-off to be able to acquire a guitar with the same standards of old.

• I cant decide either on the J custom (highest end Ibanez) or the JEM....i dont like pick noise when doing leads...i dont know if its just me but it seems like the Jem (basswood body) has more pick noise than the J custom Ibanez (different tone wood). Bah maybe i am going crazy and just need a beer. They both cost both my arms and legs (plus some of my toes) .

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• That is really funny some think the Ibanez AZ has a baseball size neck. lol

It's really more like a strat neck with a little bigger shoulders. It is the most comfortable neck of any of my guitars. Bigger than an RG neck for sure. 42mm nut.

Mines not going anywhere soon.

• That is really funny some think the Ibanez AZ has a baseball size neck. lol

It's really more like a strat neck with a little bigger shoulders. It is the most comfortable neck of any of my guitars. Bigger than an RG neck for sure. 42mm nut.

Mines not going anywhere soon.

No offence, but it’s nothing like the necks on my strats. I’ve played V, C and D strat neck profiles, as well as some custom compound radiuses, and I suppose the closest would be the D shapes, but it’s still reaching. Like most things though, I’m sure you could get used to it, if it was played enough. Personally, it isn’t to my taste at all. My most comfortable guitar neck is on my Charvel GG sig, followed by my Tyler, Alphers and then CS strat. It’s been 20 years since I last owned an RG haha!

• No offence, but it’s nothing like the necks on my strats. I’ve played V, C and D strat neck profiles, as well as some custom compound radiuses, and I suppose the closest would be the D shapes, but it’s still reaching. Like most things though, I’m sure you could get used to it, if it was played enough. Personally, it isn’t to my taste at all. My most comfortable guitar neck is on my Charvel GG sig, followed by my Tyler, Alphers and then CS strat. It’s been 20 years since I last owned an RG haha!

Hmmm,

I don't care too much about the neck. For me it's the tone.

My gibson joe perry has a baseball bat like neck. Ok, when I am in the mood for bluesy stuff. Didn't shred with it.
    The van halen wolfgang has an asymmetric fat neck. Special.
    The strat a C
    And the jems, oh man I feel like home on the jems.

But at the moment I am in love with my my new blue pearl luke II. Totally different to the jems too, but the shape of the neck and the ergonomic of this guitar is outstanding, also the sound.

So finally I play them all and I haven't had any problems with my left hand and I practice often.

• Hey all,
    So excited to post here, I did not get any electric one since my LP 10+ years ago and it's a special one. Please welcome my steel Telecaster, made from the French luthier Loïc Le Pape. I got it second hand, when I saw it for sale I could not resist as it is years I am envying his guitars and good models rarely pop up. I found this to be a good step to my quest of having a new full custom guitar made from him for my 40s (in 4 years). Loïc gave me information about this guitar he made in December 2015 and advised me to buy it as he remembered this one was a good one, his manufacturing process being well mature at that time. I spent lots of time with him on the phone. He is a true upright and dedicated person; each one of his guitars is a full custom work. Loïc is gaining more excellent reputation each day for his work.
    I have to admit this is an excellent guitar. The baseball maple neck along with the steel body creates sooooo many vibrations. It is amazing how much the body vibrates when playing, and harmonics literally squirt out of it. This adds lovely woodiness to the tone, yes woodiness from a steel body!
    The pickups are made by Jeremy from SP Custom. He is on the same popularity trend as Loïc and his pickups are pretty famous here is France for being top notch. Again, each unit is a full custom work. The neck is splitable HB/SC and the bridge is a delight.
    Lots of roots rock vibes out of this one. And I love how it looks. I think I am going to stick to steel guitars from now.
    Check his website http://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/spip.php?rubrique2 and you’ll be gassed for years. I have also found this review, not so many in English for now https://www.theguitarmagazine.…oic-le-pape-steel-junior/
    It’s a joy to have a new toy, and another one to post here to tell everyone about it.
    Cheers all

and the family pic