Show your latest guitar

• I’ve been through my fair share of guitars, and only three have come in to my possession having a correctly cut nut from the factory; my Tyler Studio Elite HD, my Carvel GG sig and my MM Luke II. All the rest have had to visit my local luthier. It makes a HUGE amount of difference to a guitar’s playability and overall set up. I now have the proper tools to do it myself, though I’ve yet to dare... Kudos to @Cederick

• Your sure it's not pleked?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I second that. The nut should be as low as it can be. Nuts on new guitars are almost always too high. I remember i started a thread about that and some didn't understand why even thou I explained why.

Henry David Thoreau

• It’s tough being a lefty metal player so I treated myself when I seen these come up on the used market. First is a Jackson USA SL2H Soloist and second is a Ltd Elite M2 which is what esp made first and after a year of elites changed the name to the current lineup Esp E2 M2. Both are awesome ! I can’t put either down which makes it difficult to play with a guitar in each hand lol.

• It’s tough being a lefty metal player so I treated myself when I seen these come up on the used market. First is a Jackson USA SL2H Soloist and second is a Ltd Elite M2 which is what esp made first and after a year of elites changed the name to the current lineup Esp E2 M2. Both are awesome ! I can’t put either down which makes it difficult to play with a guitar in each hand lol.

Another lefty here!

Here’s my newer Schecter PT-7 Garza from earlier this year! This is one of my holy grail guitars!

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/1fmKMTF.jpg]

Kemper KPA / Mooer Baby Bomb / Marshall MX212AR

• CJ is a Lefty like me and you , can i get a lefty unite call here? :whistling::rolleyes:
    i like checking xtreme lefty guitars dot com to find them and reverb :)

Jimi Hendrix
    Tommy Iommi
    Paul Mcarthy
    much more..need more examples?
    yet STILL we pay more
    assholes!! :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().

• We should create a lefties' Union or at least our own thread here, Ash?

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Well I believe there are more here but like me playing right handed. There were almost no left handed guitars in music shops when I started to play and if, they costed at least 1000$. That's like 2000$ today. Too much for a teenager 34 years ago.

Henry David Thoreau

• Just had this one delivered last week. I hate buying without putting my hands on it, but at least with the internet we have some options now. I'm glad I'm a lefty though, otherwise I would be a serious guitar hoarder, way too many cool right handed options out there. The only left handed guitars I find are either ultra cheap or expensive, not much in the upper middle ranges.

• In the 80's I ran security teams for the big guitar shows in the U.S. I met Jim and he has a lefty's only guitar shop in Houston, TX.
    Every time I walk into his shop I know how you southpaws feel. There is nothing in here I can pick up and play.
    He's a cool guy. :thumbup:
    https://www.southpawguitars.com/

• Your sure it's not pleked?

Yes, in fact i did not even know what pleked is until you asked me, but i checked on youtube and my guitar does not received this plek adjust

it is a headless guitar made with a simple overlord of music bridge that is a kind of steinberger bridge, was not expensive and the last owner did sanded the frets to avoid exchange some of then

this guitar has a Zero Fret instead of a nut, the frets are so wasted that the strings are almost inside of the frets, think it is time to exchange then

anyway,maybe there is no plek being made here at Brazil at all... my guitar had the frets sanded with a tool similar to this one that is used to check the height/level of the frets but instead has a blue sand paper glued to the tool

sometimes when the guitar`s neck is very well made the frets are large and there is no need to sand then but if the guitar`s neck is not so well build then you may need to sand to remove the buzz and get the benefit of the lower strings action, also if the guitar has a floyd rose for instance, and you try to low the bridge pivots and start to get more and more buzz, you try different strings, you try adjusting the trust rod, nothing works then this sanding can eliminate the buzz without having to raise the bridge again

i made this on a chinese replica that was good looking but terrible made and it worked well...