Show your latest guitar

• Damn there's so many guitar brands I never will have a chance to try since there are so few that exist here in Sweden. :(X/ I envy you guys. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• You’re very lucky :thumbup: My Folreden has lots of issues from the trem snapping strings and needing polishing down, the earth wire not being soldered properly so it came off, a dead fret, I could go on. I need to get it to a luthier to make it playable and would never buy from them again. Honestly I’ve got an old squire that plays much better.

On the other side I know a few on this forum haven’t had this experience and love them.

For the price of one Fender custom shop I can get 3-4 hand made Folreden.For the price of a Suhr Strat I got two hand made Stratocasters I love.Built to my specs.I talked to Bas all the time.Even for the right colour of the pickguard we exchanged a dozen emails.Great.And most of all:they sound unbelievable...The first one is a real blues-chick and the new one a real rockbeast with a 14" radius.I can send my older 70s Stratocaster into pension now..after 30 years of extensive use..

It may be that Bas has so much work to do that during the end control one or two minor issues will "slip through"..this would not be very surprising for me.I had this also with any other luthier who built guitars for me.We talk about a one-man-show who does everything by himself with (in the case of Bas) the help of his father.

But I bring every new guitar I get immidiatly to "my tech in town" to bring them in all minor issues (gauge,frets etc..) to fullfill my personal standards.

I rather pay some peanuts for the "minor issues" to make a fantastic guitar 100% than buying a "big name" which went through a dedicated line of "end control" BUT which sounds sterile and cold because it was not built with love and fanatism by a nice freak ( I mean this in a positive way) who is crazy for details and most of all how his guitars sound and what his customers want.

• I just got a Cort M Limited, M-LTD 16 AB. Thomann sells them currently for 299 Euros. A couple of years ago I had a cheap Cort Bass and I was very impressed on the wood quality it offered. That experience was the kick to pull the trigger...

It has a massive 0.8" maple cover over a - 3piece - mahagony body. The maple has a very decent but deep pattern, I love it! The neck seems to be one piece of mahogony, I was not able to detect any different. The rosewood fretboard is high quality also. The neck pattern is similar to the pattern regular of my PRS and the frets are finished perfectly.

Over the years I have owned and played a couple of PRS SE as backup for my PRS Custom 24. All SE where amazing guitars but in my opinion this CORT is closer to the US PRS than any other guitar I own or have owned. I was planning to switch pickups but damn - these Cort Humbuckers are really good hot PAF. The split works with the outer coils and gives nice Twangy Sounds. I guess I will add a Freeway switch to also use the inner coils for a more strat like "position 4" sound.

Probably the variance in quality of cort guitars is much higher than for established brands but I made a real steal with this guitar.

Edited 2 times, last by faraway ().

• For the price of one Fender custom shop I can get 3-4 hand made Folreden.For the price of a Suhr Strat I got two hand made Stratocasters I love.Built to my specs.I talked to Bas all the time.Even for the right colour of the pickguard we exchanged a dozen emails.Great.And most of all:they sound unbelievable...The first one is a real blues-chick and the new one a real rockbeast with a 14" radius.I can send my older 70s Stratocaster into pension now..after 30 years of extensive use..
    It may be that Bas has so much work to do that during the end control one or two minor issues will "slip through"..this would not be very surprising for me.I had this also with any other luthier who built guitars for me.We talk about a one-man-show who does everything by himself with (in the case of Bas) the help of his father.

But I bring every new guitar I get immidiatly to "my tech in town" to bring them in all minor issues (gauge,frets etc..) to fullfill my personal standards.

I rather pay some peanuts for the "minor issues" to make a fantastic guitar 100% than buying a "big name" which went through a dedicated line of "end control" BUT which sounds sterile and cold because it was not built with love and fanatism by a nice freak ( I mean this in a positive way) who is crazy for details and most of all how his guitars sound and what his customers want.

not bashing your purchases @Nikos but my issues are by no means ‘minor’. A dead fret, unstable tuning, a very poor quality trem that needed polishing down to stop strings snapping. And all that at a price that is certainly not inconsequential. As I said I could go on with the problems with this guitar and all that after already having to send it back once as even the tone controls didn’t work initially.

We all like different things, but a guitar that costs over £1500 should be playable in my opinion.

I am glad yours are good though. But obviously there was a serious issue with quality control.

• My friend..we agree 100% that quality control is very important and every guitar which reaches the player (even after some weeks on the road) should be playable out of the box.

Maybe I am just to used to the "contradictions" of luthiers and amp-builders and their works..on the one side great sounding instruments built with love and obsession for detail and on the other side loose strap pins,snapping trems,defect pre-tubes etc....anyway..

As for my two Folreden guitars..both are high end.Sound great..built well..the first one needed some "fine tuning" frommy tech in town the second one I got was sent in a wooden box Bas made for me.A tank,The guy in the post office asked me "is this a coffin`..;"

I love these guitars.

• Cool!

Tell us more about the Chapman.

This is what I can say after a short period owning this guitar:

The manufacturing is pretty good, really not a single scratch in the finish or something like that. This guitar is just a beauty!
    I really like the sound of the Duncans, that's also one of the reason I bought this guitar in the first place. The Duncan Custom in the bridge is medium/high output and allows to play some heavier stuff while middle and neck pickup are perfect for crunch or clean tones. Perfect guitar for (hard-)rock, blues etc.
    The hardware is alright. To be honest the tremolo system could be better, it goes out of tune pretty fast. What I'm really missing are locking tuners, I think I'm going to get some installed. The newest revision of the Chapman Cap10 comes with locking tuners pre-installed.

• This is what I can say after a short period owning this guitar:

The manufacturing is pretty good, really not a single scratch in the finish or something like that. This guitar is just a beauty!
    I really like the sound of the Duncans, that's also one of the reason I bought this guitar in the first place. The Duncan Custom in the bridge is medium output and allows to play some heavier stuff while middle and neck pickup are perfect for crunch or clean tones. Perfect guitar for (hard-)rock, blues etc.
    The hardware is alright. To be honest the tremolo system could be better, it goes out of tune pretty fast. What I'm really missing are locking tuners, I think I'm going to get some installed. The newest revision of the Chapman Cap10 comes with locking tuners pre-installed.

Thanks for that sir!

• Hi

i wish i could do better pictures but my camera is not transfering the pictures to my computer.

This photos i made with an old phone but you can get an idea about my new guitar

it is an 8 strings, fanned bridge, and i cannot stop playing on it because i made this guitar, was a ridiculus huge hand work, no proper tools, but it worked!

It is a bit large and heavy but very confortable to play, i call it "headless mule" because it is a Brazilian version of the headless knight tale, whose appeared first time on a fanned bridge? I added a switch to the back cover and it can make serial or parallel humbucking and single coil sound too...

thank you

• A few months ago I got a new Steinberger Spirit GT Pro.

The original pickups' sound just was average, I replaced them with Seymour Duncan "Invaders" SH-8B / SH-8N. I don't need the middle pickup, so I removed it and placed a dummy there. The 5-way switch was replaced with a 3-way switch. As I also don't need the tone pot I removed this and covered the hole with a simple plastic cap.

Additional modifications: STADG06 Adapter for using standard strings (non double ball end) Daddario NYXL0946, Dunlop Straploks.

This one rocks!

• Got it for over a month now. And loving it!

[Blocked Image: http://c-philipps.com/Vandermeij_magistra.JPG]

Unfortunately its not really possible for me to capture the top wood.

- Black limba body

- walnut top

- 5 piece wenge-bubinga neck with matching headstock

- birdseye maple fretboard

- Bolt-on

- 26.5" scale

- Luminlay side dots

- White binding on body, neck and headstock

- Evertune bridge

- Hipshot open gear locking tuners

- Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets

- Flushmount strapmounts

- Graphtech TUSQ nut

- Bareknuckle Miracle Man/Juggernaut

The best thing is the Evertune, i have to admit... and the open gear tuners are sexy as f#$k 8)

Sounds and plays great. Never thought that i would be healed from my obsession with the EMGs :D

• well it's the latest but it was many years ago ;)

but.. talking about gear, i got this installed today, while setting up the strat (new strings and intonation).

a KingTone switch was installed :)

got it from Jesse Davey many years ago but i forgot about it (??)

anyways, now it's installed and after i finished my dinner it's testingtime :P

ment for nice blues tones in neck position, well we will see about that...

guitar is a fender deluxe with noiseless x 3

• I've always been intrigued by the Dean Cadillac model ever since I saw Craig Chaquico from Jefferson Starship playing one back in the early 80's.

Stopped by Steve's Music store in Montreal and there it was, smiling at me.

Couldn't put it down. Now it's mine.

Sounds absolutely fantastic in the Kemper......8)