Show your latest guitar

• Awesome. This is the second NGD I've seen with no tone pot this year. Cool!

I like to keep things simple live.

Also, the less stuff on the guitar, the fewer things can go wrong or break at the worst possible moment :D

another plus was that the body didn't have any holes drilled, so I could determine the perfect spot for the vol pot and put it there.

the body was shipped without a finish as well, someone mentioned Tru Oil to me and it is amazing! :love:

• I just purchased a Warmoth, short scale conversion neck for a Fender Deluxe Player body.

WOW. It's going to be really hard to go back to a traditional, long scale Fender neck. I've had to put 9.5s on my Strats because .010s have too much tension to bend, but I hated the thin tone. .010s on a short scale are slinky enough and sound great. I'm going to get a maple fingerboard version for another Strat with SSS configuration.

This Warmoth neck is roasted maple, compound neck with stainless steel 6105 frets, Earvana/Graphtech compensated nut, and Indian Rosewood fingerboard. The best playing Strat neck I've ever had. Highly recommended.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Someone mentioned Tru Oil to me and it is amazing! :love:

I used Tru oil on the build on the guitar in my avatar. It’s good stuff.

Recently been using the Crimson Guitar equivalent and that stuff is awesome. It’s called “Penetrating Guitar Finishing Oil. Even the name sound sexy :D

• Oakwood Guitar Concepts created for me the perfect Rick Parfitt Telecaster copy. It has the exact same dents and cracks as the original including a hefty Quarterpounder single coil on the bridge by Seymour Duncan;

This baby rocks like hell with 11-52 strings attached. As you can guess I play with the Belgian Quo Band, bringing our tribute to an underestimated band in Rock History.

• The Musicman Stingray Guitar is still my "new" guitar :)

I always talked about "correcting" the compensated nuts on Musicman guitars - don't want to explicate again why Musicman nuts don't work (and the Earvana is not perfect too, but much better...).

But here are some photos of the beauty and some close-ups, where you can see the different "offsets" of a corrected nut (to my needs), compared to an original Musicman nut blank.

I have also changed the Schaller M6_IND 16:1 Locking Tuners to Schaller M6 135 18:1 Locking Tuners (like Musicman uses on BFR models for example).

• Gary_W

Quite easy to get pussy to pose next to the guitar Gary - just add a little distilled catnip oil to your fretboard cleaner... ;)8):thumbup:

They do a similar thing at the international auto trade fairs... Just not sure what type of oil they use in this case...;)

Ahem, back on track...

Great guitar too... :thumbup::S

• Ibot39 i haven’t seen your comments on why the Music Man compensated nuts don’t work so humour me please. What don’t you like about it? I’ve neve actually played a combensated nut but the theory seems to make sense. Where does it go wrong in practice? Just refer me to your previous posts if that’s easier.

I can't speak for Music Man but I've compared Earvana compensated nut and a Graph Tech nut. Any difference? The only difference for me was that the Graph Tech nut sounded better.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Ibot39 i haven’t seen your comments on why the Music Man compensated nuts don’t work so humour me please. What don’t you like about it? I’ve neve actually played a combensated nut but the theory seems to make sense. Where does it go wrong in practice? Just refer me to your previous posts if that’s easier.

First of all the musicman nut has a pin underneath (in the middle under the nut). So if the cut-out for the nut is not 100 % perfect (and it is not always perfect on Musicman Guitars), the nut itself will "rotate" a tiny bit, while it is being installed - so it sits not 100% straight.

On the compensated Musicman nut itself the e, b and g string do work o.k. - but the offsets of D, A and E string are way to exaggerated. Especially the low E can not be intonated right in fret 1-3. It will ALWAYS be flat here.

People are then, for example, moving the saddle of the low E way to far forward - resulting in sharp notes around 12th fret and still flat in frets 1-2.

Compare the offsets of the Earvana nut (for the same scale length) - while the Earvana still is not perfect, the offsets make much more sense and do work (at least) for people that push down the strings very hard in the first frets.

So I did de-compensate the Musicman offsets until I got "perfect" intonation on this instrument. And the result looks much more like the Earvana nut (and almost every other picture of a compensated nut of a 25.2 inch Fender scale length, you can find on the www). So either Musicman is wrong or I am right :D

Same scale lenght. Completeyl different offsets. So who is correct? Not the one who won the lawsuit...

[Blocked Image: http://alembic.com/club/messages/449/227692.jpg]

[Blocked Image: https://spotlight.samash.com/files/2016/02/slide-372.jpg]

Edited 4 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• PRS Vela in satin McCarty Tobacco burst. Very nice it is too and the cat thinks it smells great so won't gladly leave it alone!

That is a BIG cat. And she (?) clearly wants to EAT another savoury guitar, yummy ?

I would have the right dog in tobacco burst - but he's not for trade :)

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().