Show your latest guitar

• NOOOO I hate you and love you at the same time...so jealous!!

I play in a Tribute to The Cult, Billy Duffy is obviously famous for playing one. I have the Electromatic version which is great but currently trying to aquire a full blown White Falcon..

I hear ya mate haha.. Been after one for ages myself. Best live tones I've ever heard was Billy playing through his modified Kolbe Marshalls into those TV cabs. Killer.

• Now that's nice!!

• I recently bought this dirt cheap Harley Benton PJ-4 HTR bass from Thomann. This thing is fantastic for its price, plays and sounds wonderful. I also really like this Precision/Jazz hybrid thing. However, I think it just looks awful with the glossy red paint combined with the red pickguard <X and the slightly awkward looking pointy headstock shape. Also the colour of the maple neck looks like it has been bleached or something.

So I figured: I'm gonna try out my first refinish on a guitar. I stripped off the clear coat with a heat gun and sanded the thing down to the bare wood, hoping to find some nice wood grain so I can do a natural wood finish which would look pretty cool with the red pickguard I think. Apparently they had been using filler all over the place on this body, so a natural finish was not gonna happen (what was I expecting from a €129 guitar :rolleyes:). I decided to do a matte black finish instead. I also used some steel wool on the pickguard and pickup covers to remove the shiny look. Finally, I sanded down the neck, changed the headstock shape and applied some wood stain to darken the maple a bit.

I think it turned out pretty well. At least a lot better than it used to look...

• I see the W on the headstock but the body shape doesn't look like a Warwick. Fretboard does though

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

• Those frets look interesting :)

They're brass frets. There are 26 of them!

Looks very distinctive.:thumbup:

I agree with szykman...what's with those frets

...bet it's also very useful in a bar fight!

Lol, despite the aggressive body shape, the headstock makes this more of a bludgeoner!

I see the W on the headstock but the body shape doesn't look like a Warwick. Fretboard does though

It's a Vampyre SN5. Basically their Vampyre body shape with a set neck. You see a lot of Rockbasses with this shape, and occasionally the Made in Germany ones pop up on Reverb or eBay.

• They're brass frets. There are 26 of them!

Lol, despite the aggressive body shape, the headstock makes this more of a bludgeoner!

It's a Vampyre SN5. Basically their Vampyre body shape with a set neck. You see a lot of Rockbasses with this shape, and occasionally the Made in Germany ones pop up on Reverb or eBay.

It's screaming metal! Yes?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It's screaming metal! Yes?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The clips are based on the following songs:
    1) Another One Bites the Dust
    2) Got the Time
    3) With or Without You
    4)Hero Of the Day
    5) I Wanna Be Your Dog

Excuse the playing, for some reason I have been trying to play this monster with my fingers.

• Excuse the playing, for some reason I have been trying to play this monster with my fingers.

That Bass demands finger playing ; )

I was wondering on using different materials for frets on a new project i am doing...

is a 6 strings guitar and i wanted to make curved frets using maybe stain or cooper

as i don't have enought time and experience i will give up on that idea and use regular frets and maybe just the12th fret and the nut i will

consider brass or cooper... BTW i have a guitar and a bass guitar that has brass nuts and they are very cool! Sounded very good too!