Show your latest guitar

• And what did you do exactly? I own a MM Luke II with EMG's that's why I'm asking. Unfortunately you can't adjust the PU height on the Luke unless you use some washers. But this only brings the PU nearer to the strings. If you want them further away you have to cut some body wood...

8| That is exactly what I did. I found that the SA single coils respond much better to playing dynamics when lowered (but I do not recommend that you cut down your MM guitar :saint:) I have the 89 Humbucker close to the strings for all gainy stuff, like EMG suggests for all pickups, in single coil mode it delivers nothing special. The neck single coil is at the lowest position possible (6mm distance) , the middle pickup a little higher (5mm). The sound opens up when more distant to the strings, much more overtones, maintaining the very, very good string separation and the lack of any noise. The sound is not exactly vintage strat but something more balanced, dynamic and noiseless. I also added a resitor to the Humbucker output of the EMG 89, to lower the high output of the humbucker mode to the level of the other pickups. In combination with the guitars swamp ash body I love the sound!

A couple of weeks ago I had a job to substitute the only guitarist in a 70s cover band, playing also "Sweet home Alabama " (rythm at position 2, solos at position 4, with the bridge pickup split). I used a slightly modified version of the famous Morgan AC 20 and after the song the sound guy adressed me via my inEar to compliment the "best ever heard" guitar sound :) (It was not my playing though ;) and I´ve no clue what equipment the other guitar player has used :rolleyes:)

So, sorry to hear that you can not lower the picks. If you want to experiment the effect you could raise the bridge to a higher string position. If you fall in love you then would have to "shim" the neck to maintain playability (or play only slide... ;))

• A couple of weeks ago I had a job to substitute the only guitarist in a 70s cover band, playing also "Sweet home Alabama " (rythm at position 2, solos at position 4, with the bridge pickup split). I used a slightly modified version of the famous Morgan AC 20 and after the song the sound guy adressed me via my inEar to compliment the "best ever heard" guitar sound :) (It was not my playing though ;) and I´ve no clue what equipment the other guitar player has used :rolleyes:)

Top Man!!

• My latest partscaster creation...

Looks amazing! What's the color called please? My next one might be very close to this 8|

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• My new guitar a friend did for me. Wanted a mahogany hot rod that popped and played like a monster. It does!

Can you post a few more pics please...and maybe give us more details about bridge, pu....

I always wanted a hardtail strat with one pickup - that is something still missing in my collection :D

• Can you post a few more pics please...and maybe give us more details about bridge, pu....

I always wanted a hardtail strat with one pickup - that is something still missing in my collection :D

The guitar was put together by a friend of mine. It's a Warmoth body and a Warmoth 24 3/4 conversion neck. Body is Mahogany, Neck is Mahogany with a dark Indian Rosewood board, medium jumbo frets, V-shaped. He angled the pocket to tilt up towards the bridge a little for me since I like that feeling, Les Paulish feel. Polar made the pickup to be a vintage to overdrive modern style with the tap of the volume knob closer to the bridge, down is 8.8k then when engaged (up) it goes to a compressed modern output of 16k with it's own volume knob as well (the volume towards the butt of the guitar), that knob also splits the 8.8k to a single coil tone at 6.2k. So in all, it has 3 different options of tone. There is a master tone knob as well. It's really cool and all options sound great. The guitar is a work ?. I am really liking it.

• Oh yeah! I kinda ditched that yahoo email - to much junk to pick thru. basically Mike get's an early SD Custom, and I think changes the magnets (or something) I can't quite be sure, but they sound KILLER. As you know, he's very particular about it. He might be willing to do one and mail it to you - worth a shot!

Very cool! Can't wait to try it! I'd love to nail the Morin tone from XYZ's "Hungry" cd!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for sharing!

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• This is by no means recent, but it IS my latest purchase. This is a custom body and headstock logo and paint job for my old Ibanez RG7620 neck. The EMG Blackouts have since been replaced with Fishman Tosin Abasi 7-String Fluence pickups with a push/pull volume pot and 3 way toggle.

Jeff in Houston

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• This is by no means recent, but it IS my latest purchase. This is a custom body and headstock logo and paint job for my old Ibanez RG7620 neck. The EMG Blackouts have since been replaced with Fishman Tosin Abasi 7-String Fluence pickups with a push/pull volume pot and 3 way toggle.

Jeff in Houston

Jeff Hayes custom, awesome!

• Very cool! I have the 22 fret MIJ version with the "Modernized" "Fender" logo. But I subbed out the original pickups to mimic John Petrucci's "Images and Words" era setup with a Tone Zone bridge and Humbucker from Hell neck... with a bonus HS-2 in the middle position. I've got the black crackle finish, as well. It was my first "real" guitar... as my first guitar, a cheapo Cort Strat copy, got stolen from a locked locker at the Art Design school at the University of Cincinnati where it was hung up to dry from being repainted and having the neck scalloped and stained. Bastards.

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• nice top

try ox4 or Wizz pickups with it

Thank, it's going to get a refin here this week. I have the twin of this, 3 serial numbers off but looks to be from the same maple. This one is more pronounced fortunately. Going for a lemon look ala Peter Green. Fingers crossed.

Never tried the Ox4's. Aesthetically the Wizz were great but they didn't move me unfortunately. At least the two sets I had. May have been the luck of the draw. I found them too polite and bright. I have a friend who winds and been using his stuff for a couple years now and already put the order in. ?