Show your latest guitar

• Southdakota Every Gibson without binding there is a (big) change of sharp fret ends (standing out at the sides). Tribute, Studio, Flying V... I personally never had a Gibson in hand (in the last 15 years) that had perfect fret ends - always had to rework it myself.

This is not bad luck, sharp fret ends or weird angle filed with Gibson guitars (without binding) is standard. Sadly. People than always say: "But mine doesn't! You should not generalize!" People who said this than showed me their guitars and they HAD sharp fretends ^^

There may be other imperfections, but this goes to far ?

The good thing about cheaper Gibson guitar range: SOUNDS noticeable better than any Epiphone (better pickups and woods), fret material is long lasting, you can resell at a good price.

• NOT MINE.....I am looking to buy this Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute. I've never owned a LP but have played many. Any of you guys or gals have any experience with the Tributes? They are nitro finish and obviously a cheaper LP but I'm fine with that. Do they play well? Frets dressed properly? Will it feel and play more like an Epiphone? I am primarily buying because of the P90's. Thank you!

Nothing wrong with the Tribute. Should sound great with those P90's.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

Edited once, last by Crookster ().

• NOT MINE.....I am looking to buy this Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute. I've never owned a LP but have played many. Any of you guys or gals have any experience with the Tributes? They are nitro finish and obviously a cheaper LP but I'm fine with that. Do they play well? Frets dressed properly? Will it feel and play more like an Epiphone? I am primarily buying because of the P90's. Thank you!

I already own two Les Pauls and what you are getting is the exact thing I want for me next LP. Gold top, 60's neck and P90s is an amazing combo. I have a 2010 Studio that was my first LP and the Studio line is quality.

• I hear ya, but I would actually prefer a blue guitar. Purple is a bit too different, and FWIW the picture above is actually a bit darker than what the guitar really looks like; the seller sent me some iPhone pics for comparison. As someone once told me (literally), "purple is a commitment!"

NO, NO, NO. Purple is wonderful!!! I actually ordered a custom guitar and it was meant to be that colour. Unfortunately it didn't turn out purple and I only stuck with it because the resulting colour was also very nice.

I still yearn for a purple Music Man axis/EVH....

Purple is the way forward dude!!! Its not a commitment but a way of life :)

I didn't have a studio but bought a Gibson LPJ gold top, similar concept. Honestly I was disappointed in the build quality - I sent for a set up to find all the frets hadn't been secured properly and were lifting.

Never had any issues with Epiphones ( I have 3 of them, owned another 2 previously). Its difficult to buy a bad guitar but I think you can get better for your money...second hand tokai ? Anyway, depends on how important the Gibbo label is to you..

• V8guitar Thanks for the heads up. One reason I'm such a big Kiesel fan is because I've played too many bad Gibsons so definitely not important! But, I specifically want P90's and I've always loved the look of a gold top. I am also considering the Gibson Classic Player series as this appears to be a slight step up from the Studio. Unfortunately not seeing any gold tops of this variety but I may be swayed to a different finish!

• So yeah, speaking of Tom Anderson...I

NO, NO, NO. Purple is wonderful!!! I actually ordered a custom guitar and it was meant to be that colour. Unfortunately it didn't turn out purple and I only stuck with it because the resulting colour was also very nice.

I still yearn for a purple Music Man axis/EVH....

Purple is the way forward dude!!! Its not a commitment but a way of life :)

Well, as I hinted above, it's on its way...likely will get here Friday.

• If you can find one of these Buy It. They beat every Jr. I've played over the years.

I put a Lindy Frailin low noise Dogear in it and a String Butler on it.

It has great intonation and stays in tune after a serious beating.

Dillion "Little D"

• FIY A friend of mine bought a Gibson Gold top a few years back and used it live for a few years and the paint worn out in 5 years just from being played normally :(

Don't ask me why but my USA std. goldtop made in 2004 chacked in ''the wrong way''

I've always seen chrackling 'horizontally' not 'vertically'.. bah..

it has been my #1 for live shows from 2005 till 2011, i've used to play with lots of rings, chains and bracelets..

this is how it looks today.

• hum.. well.. ^^ honestly I love it! the way I've consumed it 'naturally' ^^

...it plays and sounds as good as a Std USA... it's not an Epiphone, it' not a CS.. it' s a regular Std 04 (60s neck profile)

Never tried a Tribute--(tring to 'back in topic') it seems to be a mix between a Studio and a Standard right?

• FIY A friend of mine bought a Gibson Gold top a few years back and used it live for a few years and the paint worn out in 5 years just from being played normally :(

Bet it looks killer though!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• waraba Man, that's a bummer that it wore that quickly! I do not plan to gig this but rather just record with it. Although, if it wears, I guess I'm ok with that. If it was a 4K Gibson, might not be happy!

Sollazzon I believe the Tribute really is essentially a Studio and in fact it's called the Studio Tribute. The Classic Player Plus is just a bit of a step up. Your gold top looks amazing as it is!