Show your latest guitar

• this with bare knuckle juggernaut

How do you like the Juggernauts? I have Nailbombs in one of mine, and LOVE them. The cleanest, tightest pickups I've ever played. I've chosen the Juggernauts for my other guitar but haven't ordered them yet.

Epiphone Les Paul - BKP Nailbombs

LTD H-1001 - EMGs

EVH 5150

• Just welcomed this hound into the collection... Along with a late 90's MIJ Ibanez Sabre Series recently.

(Can also confirm there is in.fact. no cure for GAS)

• How do you like the Juggernauts? I have Nailbombs in one of mine, and LOVE them. The cleanest, tightest pickups I've ever played. I've chosen the Juggernauts for my other guitar but haven't ordered them yet.

I purchased Nailbombs second hand and was dissapointed. Too flat and thin sound. Sold them and purchasedLundgren M6 set instead and was happy with. Each to his own liking. :) And some pickups sounds great in one guitar and awful in the next. Sometimes you need go thru many pickups before you find the right ones.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

Edited once, last by GearJocke ().

• I purchased Nailbombs second hand and was dissapointed. Too plat and thin sound. Sold them and purchasedLundgren M6 set instead and was happy with. Each to his own liking. :) And some pickups sounds great in one guitar and awful in the next. Sometimes you need go thru many pickups before you find the right ones.

This is very true! It's often a long, painful process nobody really warns you about the more tone conscious you become :D

Epiphone Les Paul - BKP Nailbombs

LTD H-1001 - EMGs

EVH 5150

• I purchased Nailbombs second hand and was dissapointed. Too flat and thin sound. Sold them and purchasedLundgren M6 set instead and was happy with. Each to his own liking. :) And some pickups sounds great in one guitar and awful in the next. Sometimes you need go thru many pickups before you find the right ones.

yeah, never put evolutions on a hss fender stratocaster, worst bridge sound ever. That pickup ended in a schecter C1 fr, and thant made some magic happen, been there since.

The answer is 42

• I have modded my new PRS SE Paul’s guitar with:

• Fishman Fluence Open Core pickups
    • 3-way mini toggle switch per pickup to select between the pickup's 3 voices
    • A Free-way switch to select between bridge, both and neck pickup
      (2 rows of a regular 3-way switch: lower row to select whatever the mini toggle switches are set to and the upper row all single coil sounds always)
    • Single coil sounds are soldered for the the outer “coils”
    • Volume and Tone knobs are push-pulls to select the high-frequency tilt (HFT) option per pickup
    • Lampshade knobs (did not have enough grip with the round ones)
    • Graphtech ratio Kluson style locking tuners (had to ream the tuner holes)
    • Dropstrap

The quality of these PRS SE Paul's guitars are quite good - not as good as the PRS core models, but I am thinking it does not matter. I really thought the upgrades made a difference.

My one negative about this model or maybe my particular one is the nut, which is not cut properly. Some nut sauce helped, but I still want to get this replaced - maybe with a bone nut,

Funny story - I did not actually want these white pickups, but because of the pandemic all Fishman Fluence Classic or Open Core stuff is sold out anywhere here in Canada and even at Thomanns. I really wanted the brushed steel pickups with cream pickup rings. Amazon had only 3 white sets of the open core in stock and nothing ANYWHERE else in Canada. I actually purchased the set I wanted from Sweetwater, but after ordering I got contacted and told they are not allowed to ship them outside of the US - some special agreement with Fishman. What the Duck !
    And so after debating for weeks - hoping the 3 white sets on Amazon would sell out I finally went for it after I found this dude and his copy with cream-colored Dimarzio's in it:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . I'm glad I did - I like it. ^^^ That is NOT me.

Edited 6 times, last by giletti ().

• I have modded my new PRS SE Paul’s guitar with:

• Fishman Fluence Open Core pickups
    • 3-way mini toggle switch per pickup to select between the pickup's 3 voices
    • A Free-way switch to select between bridge, both and neck pickup
      (2 rows of a regular 3-way switch: lower row to select whatever the mini toggle switches are set to and the upper row all single coil sounds always)
    • Single coil sounds are soldered for the the outer “coils”
    • Volume and Tone knobs are push-pulls to select the high-frequency tilt (HFT) option per pickup
    • Lampshade knobs (did not have enough grip with the round ones)
    • Graphtech ratio Kluson style locking tuners (had to ream the tuner holes)
    • Dropstrap

Cool. I like personalized custom hot rods.

• A couple of new additions to my collection, another Silver Sky but this time with the maple neck.

Really wanted this guitar as its the same colour configuration as my very first Squire Strat which I bought

almost 35 years ago. Feels like ive gone full circle and I'm delighted.

Other one is a 60th anniversary 1959 Custom shop Les Paul which for me is about as good as it can get other than owning an actual 59.

I did a whole lot of research before buying and also sold my Gold top to pay towards it, but it really is a wonderful guitar and is for absolute keeps.

I just hope that when I die my wife doesn't sell it for what she thinks I paid for it.

• How do you like the Juggernauts? I have Nailbombs in one of mine, and LOVE them. The cleanest, tightest pickups I've ever played. I've chosen the Juggernauts for my other guitar but haven't ordered them yet.

juggernaut : very good : excellent clean tone and powerfull in hi-gain. These mics are very versatiles, you can play every thing with it.
    Better sound than my gibson Les Paul.

• Great ! did you notice much tonal diff. vs the rosewood neck ?, I plan to get a white one with a maple neck.

I also wonder the neck feels to you , which kind of profile is it ?

Very similar profile to my Horizon with Rosewood neck but this new one has a satin neck.

Both great but I think I prefer the maple. Very similar tone wise but the Rosewood is a bit warmer and ever so slightly less Strat like.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Inspired by Know Your Gears EVH "build-off" I dusted off my very first electric guitar that had been sitting in the attic for 10 years:

It wasn't really playable so I decided to do a full fret dressing job (leveling, crowning, polish), install new bridge saddles, full electronics including a no-load tone pot and a Schaller megaswitch M, a 59 neck and distortion bridge pickup and new locking tuners. Ended up like this:

It plays and sounds reeeally good now. And it's fun to still be playing the very first guitar.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().