Show your latest guitar

• This one is turning into my new fav! Trying real hard to grime up the fretboard. I got this about 2 months ago after waiting months and months for Charvel to restock it.

This one was the one I got when the virus crap just started at beginning of 2020. Sort of my daily dose of medicine. I like how the seafoam color can change from blue-ish to green-ish under different conditions.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Not a big strat fan but that Tele is fantastic and to get a matching Strat is very cool - plus anything called Ultra must be good! Good choice my man! Our mutual friend Clive will be very jealous!

Ha. I think Clive would like it although I bet he would have preferred the HB in the bridge version. They are every bit as good as my Suhr Classic’s.

Well impressed with both of them. They sound really good.

• I think they are great guitars. Modern feel but cover all the traditional sounds.

I am still hesitant about noiseless single coils. I have given a chance to noiseless singles since lace sensor, and so far, I am not getting the vibe. It is the only thing which keeps me away from the ultra lineup. My favorite strat is a 92 strat with Eric Johnson singles, modded electronics, and reworked fretboard (almost a nice fat v shape on the back). In my mind that would be hard to top with the ultra series.

The answer is 42

• Cleaned up my 10 year old Fender American Standard Stratocaster. Noticed that the volume pot was loose... while the pickguard was off anyway I installed a Seymour Duncan JB Jr. that was lying around. Seemed the beauty was whispering to my ear she wants to go wild ?

Now with locking tuners, strap lock, blocked bridge and new pu - ready to rock.

Edited 2 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• I've got a leftie that looks the same except I bought mine about 25 years ago. It was my main guitar when I was gigging, frets are rooted and I've worn through the poly on the arm contour. That's probably one of two guitars I'd tell my kids they can never sell when they inherit my stuff

• I've got a leftie that looks the same except I bought mine about 25 years ago. It was my main guitar when I was gigging, frets are rooted and I've worn through the poly on the arm contour. That's probably one of two guitars I'd tell my kids they can never sell when they inherit my stuff

Back then this guitar was pretty affordable for an US made instrument (still much money for me at the time). I remember that a few months after I bought mine the prices got up 100 €. But if you want to buy a white US Strat with similar specs today you pay a lot more now (here in Germany).

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• Regarding that 'matching' thing ;) here my two workhorses:

Both play really smooth, have a great sound, are very silent because of the SSCII noise cancelling system and, like all guitars of Suhr, i've heard of, they are extremely tuning stable.

• Regarding that 'matching' thing ;) here my two workhorses:

Both play really smooth, have a great sound, are very silent because of the SSCII noise cancelling system and, like all guitars of Suhr, i've heard of, they are extremely tuning stable.

The Suhr’s look lovely.

I had two Suhr classics. Still have one and my oldest son now has the other.
    Absolute workhorse guitars. The blonde chambered swamp ash classic that my son now has was my main gigging guitar for 10 years. I used it every show as my main guitar and the tuning stability was just brilliant.

Some days, straight from the freezing baggage hold off the flight and down to soundcheck. Always solid, in tune and dependable.
    The other is a 3 tone sunburst. I had John reserve my birthday for the serial as I knew they were getting into that range and it was a 40th birthday present off my wife. So 4465 serial. ?

That is also a wonderful guitar. Had it made for clean tones in the studio and over the years, it has mellowed into a really sweet sounding guitar.

No idea why the middle photo keeps getting flipped. It shows both Suhr’s and both my 78 Les Paul’s.

• Different shades of white :)

The now modded Fender Standard and the nice Music Man Stingray are in their cases again. We had some fun together - waiting for my main guitar to be ready again (let the oiled neck dry a few days).

Now she is back - cleaned up, neck oiled, stainless steel frets polished to the max. Just love my Squier <3

(Sorry for posting her again)

• Lovely! Which pickup is this at the bridge? SD SH4? Thinking of putting one in my second Corgan strat as well :)

Sorry, no SH4.

Seymour Duncan Black Winter and two DiMarzio Area 58 "single coils" in middle and neck position.

The Black Winter in the bridge has a "low output mod" - done with a voltage divider / l-pad circuit. This is my main tone. Switching to regular high output it acts like a passive 6db "boost".

Other specs of this modded Squier:

- finally Wagner stainless steel frets on that beaten up maple neck (that got played, refretted and abused a lot before), Gotoh saddles, bone nut, GraphTech Ratio Tuners, GraphTech string trees, treble bleed circuit, Pure Tone output jack, massive cold rolled steel tremolo block...

I've stopped buying new guitars - this Squier gives me everything I need. So I only can post old guitars from my vault here, that I mod or repair ^^

A Gibson Les Paul from 2012 is on the workbench, but I have to do some drop-filling and paint the headstock with nitro lacquer - that's going to take some time. Working with nitro lacquer really takes some patience...

• Not new, but I pulled it out tonight because jlapierre mentioned he just got a beautiful Gretsch Black Falcon.

I've always thought that if PRS were to make a guitar for Brian Setzer it would look like this - my 2009 PRS SC-J (Single Cut Jumbo).

Carved Maple top,

17" lower bout. 1 7/8" depth at the rim.

Weight: Just under 8 pounds

Yes, that's a Roland pickup. I play this with a Roland VG-99 (although I haven't done that in some time).