Show your latest guitar

• A Gibson Les Paul from 2012 is on the workbench, but I have to do some drop-filling and paint the headstock with nitro lacquer - that's going to take some time. Working with nitro lacquer really takes some patience...

I agree! Sometimes working with nitro and not being patient leads me to a dreaded unintentional vintage look.:)

• How is the playability on those HB?

I got this very cheap back then. They are massive mahagony with a thick maple top plus veneer. It sounded fantastic right from the start, but it is on the heavier side (no chambering). But mine is quite a modded guitar now. New pickups, pots and wiring, orange drop caps, new tuners, Gotoh bridge, new tailpiece with Faber Tone Lock Kit and a fret job...

But it came with a real bone nut from factory - that I had to re-cut ^^

I think you can have luck with HB or you like to mod the hell out of it - or you send it back to Thomann if you get a bad one. If you have luck (or you order until you get a decent one) you can have a guitar better than Epiphone for less money. The Epiphones often come with veneer on the back and sides too and very soft frets...

• Dropped in DiMarzio 36th Anniversary pickups in my modded Harley Benton cheapo. They have been lying around from another project. Sounds good!

Since 2 years I'm thinking about a corresponding configuration, with the excactly guitar in the same color. But I'm still sceptical. ;)

• Since 2 years I'm thinking about a corresponding configuration, with the excactly guitar in the same color. But I'm still sceptical. ;)

I have always some pu laying around and try different things. I really think the DiMarzios go very well with the guitar!

But they have nickel covers and the HB has chrome hardware. I don't care much about that as long as it sounds good (just like Jimmy Page mixing up chrome with nickel 8)). Just saying.

Still I am going to convert all chrome hardware to nickel on my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Trad. Pro project :S

• Well, Alan ( Wheresthedug ) mentioned guitars with the Steinberger TransTrem bridge system in Alternate Tuning not as a Stomp

And I had that thought - Oh, I've got one of those. I haven't played it in a long time. But I know what I'm doing tonight.

It's over 30 years old now. I came out of the case in tune after I don't know how many years.

Here's a better look at the TransTrem system.

It looks like it's time for a cleanup. Nope, I'll do some playing first.

• wow.

Awesome!!!

I nearly pulled the trigger on an almost identical one a few weeks back but I’m in the middle of building a new house at the moment (which unsurprisingly is well over budget already) so I couldn’t justify it.

• That machinery looks rusty, needs some playin and broken strings to loose all the dirt :) and afterwards, whole maintaining, polishing and lubing. The smell of an old guitar comming from its case after many years is priceless.

The answer is 42

• Mine is Onyx with a rosewood board. I'd love to try the maple. Gorgeous, congrats. It's one of my favs!

I had the Horizon red with the rosewood but now I have the Frost with the maple fretboard. Personally I prefer the maple but mainly because the back of the neck has a satin finish. Good enough reason to trade one for the other? probably not, but I was really keen on the frost and im pretty sure its for keeps.

These guitars age quite nicely, my first one the neck and headstock yellowed quickly and the pickguard went minty green when compared to my new one. This was within two years.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I had the Horizon red with the rosewood but now I have the Frost with the maple fretboard. Personally I prefer the maple but mainly because the back of the neck has a satin finish. Good enough reason to trade one for the other? probably not, but I was really keen on the frost and im pretty sure its for keeps.

These guitars age quite nicely, my first one the neck and headstock yellowed quickly and the pickguard went minty green when compared to my new one. This was within two years.

Mine's a "First 500" with the hardcase and plaque, so I don't have the guts to sell or trade it.:P

The satin neck is a very attractive option though. Hmmm...

• Here’s my latest from Michael Eastwood the Billybird GT ...the best Les Paul feel/sounding guitar I have ...it has a Les Trem on now

Each to his own. But for me that's the ugliest guitar I've seen in a long while. =O

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Guitar is not new but switched out the black emgs with gold emgs, added a string butler, 18 volt mod and Schaler noiseless strap locks. Looks a lot better with the gold pickups in my opinion. Love this guitar!