Show your latest guitar

• ST, Rosie the Hollowbody is close to 336 size. It is actually modelled after a Yamaha MSG Custom I used to have. I wanted to make something with similar construction to a PRS Hollowbody. The original intention was to have it all Utile with the electrics going in through the pickup cavities so there was no obvious way that it was put together. i.e. I was aiming for a stealth Hollowbody. Unfortunately I made a major cockup when cutting the neck pickup cavity (I had a brain fart and measured the 2mm gap for my pickup rigns from the end of the neck tenon instead of the fingerboard) which meant I had to make a new top and add binding etc to let me re cut the cavity in the correct place.

the PUPs are the Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker set. It has a Freeway 6 position toggle switch and a mini toggle to flip between inside and outside coils when in single coil mode. The final switch is a blower switch. No matter where any on the other switches or pots are, flicking the blower switch wires the bridge humbucker straight to the output at full volume. Super useful for selecting single coils with the volume rolled back to get a clean rhythm sound and a flat out HB for solos in a single move.

• :thumbup:8):thumbup:

I'm Definetly Not a fan of Plain Top and I Don't understand Pickguards on Les Paul s but an R9 it's always a Beauty!

Strangely I prefer the plain top, they look more vintage than the flame bursts to me.

Mine is the 60th anniversary 59 reissue.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Alan,

Wow.

ST, Rosie the Hollowbody is close to 336 size. It is actually modelled after a Yamaha MSG Custom I used to have. I wanted to make something with similar construction to a PRS Hollowbody. The original intention was to have it all Utile with the electrics going in through the pickup cavities so there was no obvious way that it was put together. i.e. I was aiming for a stealth Hollowbody. Unfortunately I made a major cockup when cutting the neck pickup cavity (I had a brain fart and measured the 2mm gap for my pickup rigns from the end of the neck tenon instead of the fingerboard) which meant I had to make a new top and add binding etc to let me re cut the cavity in the correct place.

the PUPs are the Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Humbucker set. It has a Freeway 6 position toggle switch and a mini toggle to flip between inside and outside coils when in single coil mode. The final switch is a blower switch. No matter where any on the other switches or pots are, flicking the blower switch wires the bridge humbucker straight to the output at full volume. Super useful for selecting single coils with the volume rolled back to get a clean rhythm sound and a flat out HB for solos in a single move.

That guitar sounds amazing.

Blower switch.

Just wow!

• It has a Freeway 6 position toggle switch and a mini toggle to flip between inside and outside coils when in single coil mode. The final switch is a blower switch. No matter where any on the other switches or pots are, flicking the blower switch wires the bridge humbucker straight to the output at full volume. Super useful for selecting single coils with the volume rolled back to get a clean rhythm sound and a flat out HB for solos in a single move.

Awesome guitar! You have great skills. A word of caution about the Freeway 6. Be gentile with it and make sure the hard case you transport it in is truly hard. I used it on a custom 3 PU LP that I built. The case flexed enough that the toggle snapped. It's not something that can just be repaired, you have to replace the switch i.e, you have to re-solder in a new one. And the 6-way is not a fun component to solder a second time! I appreciate your fine craftsmanship.

• ST, Rosie the Hollowbody is close to 336 size. It is actually modelled after a Yamaha MSG Custom I used to have. I wanted to make something with similar construction to a PRS Hollowbody. The original intention was to have it all Utile with the electrics going in through the pickup cavities so there was no obvious way that it was put together. i.e. I was aiming for a stealth Hollowbody. Unfortunately I made a major cockup when cutting the neck pickup cavity (I had a brain fart and measured the 2mm gap for my pickup rigns from the end of the neck tenon instead of the fingerboard) which meant I had to make a new top and add binding etc to let me re cut the cavity in the correct place.

How do I order my latest custom from you?

• Wheresthedug and trained by the same guy...here are some of my early homemades including a bandsman (guys please check out Bailey guitars at http://www.baileyguitars.co.uk) and try his online courses its how I learned and I also went to his workshop on two in the flesh courses. See https://guitarmaking.co.uk . He’s doing workshops twice a week live on YouTube at the moment with lots of info on how to build or tweak your own guitar (great bloke Mark ) see https://youtube.com/c/GuitarMaking

anyone can do it...

My build vids if you’re interested....... https://www.youtube.com/user/d…view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

K

• Deej09 some lovely builds there, sir! Some lovely timber. Who do you tend to us as your supplier?

And I totally second the recommendations to watch Mark Bailey’s workshops or if you’re in the UK go on one of his courses when the lock down is over. Mark is a great builder and teacher and he and Carol are lovely people to be around too.

• Deej09 some lovely builds there, sir! Some lovely timber. Who do you tend to us as your supplier?

And I totally second the recommendations to watch Mark Bailey’s workshops or if you’re in the UK go on one of his courses when the lock down is over. Mark is a great builder and teacher and he and Carol are lovely people to be around too.

I get the exotic wood from Yandle and Sons at Martock when I go (or used to go!!!) to visit my friend based at Yeovil.

• Tell me more about this beauty, mate!

It's a one-of-a-kind guitar made be the late Jim Nunis, a guitar builder in 2000's. This one was made for a company called PedalGeek so its got that company's logo on the fret board.

From the listing's description, "...one-piece, bound carved flame maple top with natural finish, one piece mahogany back with black finish, three-piece bound maple neck w/fret-edge binding, flame maple headstock overlay, satin finish all over (body, neck, headstock), ebony fretboard...". It's also got Stainless steel frets.

I was looking for a singlecut with natural finish and I got this on a trade. It sounds and plays amazing!

• Wheresthedug and trained by the same guy...here are some of my early homemades including a bandsman (guys please check out Bailey guitars at http://www.baileyguitars.co.uk) and try his online courses its how I learned and I also went to his workshop on two in the flesh courses. See https://guitarmaking.co.uk . He’s doing workshops twice a week live on YouTube at the moment with lots of info on how to build or tweak your own guitar (great bloke Mark ) see https://youtube.com/c/GuitarMaking

Cool...just very cool!

• She's a maple fretboard 7 string BFR Majesty, and she's mine, all mine! 8)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• My bucket list guitar. I was just about to order a custom one with a few tweaks but this popped up in Japan. Used, but in perfect condition, no dents, only minor scratches that you can only see if you look for them.