Show your latest guitar

• Outstanding. And your dragon has five claws, as all respectable dragons should.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Looks sweet, I almost picked up a left hand PRS a month ago, but seller backed out, they're a rare beast over here (Aus). The pick up selector knob isn't in the case is it? I always take them off when freighting LP's etc, they tend to break if they're pushing against the case

• Looks sweet, I almost picked up a left hand PRS a month ago, but seller backed out, they're a rare beast over here (Aus). The pick up selector knob isn't in the case is it? I always take them off when freighting LP's etc, they tend to break if they're pushing against the case

I'm hoping that's the case, pun intended. Thanks for the tip (again, pun intended)!

• I've had this one for over twenty-five years. I have never been able to get a good photograph.

Excuse me for 3 minutes while I take a cold shower! That is really cool!

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

Edited once, last by sstauffer ().

• They refer to the pickups. They are fashioned after 1957 humbucker, made in 2008.

Other PRS model pups are 59/09, 53/10 etc.

Thanks! Always wondered what the 59/09 stuff was about. I'm one of those guys who often puts the key in the ignition without looking under the hood.

Just did a bit of reading about McCarty pups vs 57/08s and it helps explain why I love this guitar so much for the kinds of things I do. Of course, now I'm wondering if buying a second PRS with 57/08s would offer a significant difference in tone to the McCarty. Crap! You guys are a bad influence. :)

• Thanks! Always wondered what the 59/09 stuff was about. I'm one of those guys who often puts the key in the ignition without looking under the hood.

Just did a bit of reading about McCarty pups vs 57/08s and it helps explain why I love this guitar so much for the kinds of things I do. Of course, now I'm wondering if buying a second PRS with 57/08s would offer a significant difference in tone to the McCarty. Crap! You guys are a bad influence. :)

Apparently a popular choice/combo is a 57/08 in the neck, and a 59/09 in the bridge. I have yet to try that. My 594 has 58/15s in it which are lovely as well.

• Congrats, she's beauty. Unfortunately very expensive here down under!

I lucked out, really. I was looking for a new guitar mindlessly, you know how GAS sometimes is. Came across this and the seller had slashed his price by $700.

All in, including customs and shipping, I spent a little over US$3.7k.

It's a good thing customs duty in Singapore is just around 7%, I remember paying 47% duty and countervailing cess on my first Kemper in India, which was a real painful shock to absorb.

I think even Australian customs are less than that, though I think the retailers there are also price gouging there.

Thanks! Always wondered what the 59/09 stuff was about. I'm one of those guys who often puts the key in the ignition without looking under the hood.

You can get the 57/08s in the PRS store. They had initially said these would never be available outside select models. Paul Reed Smith in fact said something to the effect that with this limited run of guitars, you were in effect paying for the pickups and getting a guitar free with it.

The 57/08s were apparently wound on original Gibson pickup winding machines, with NOS wire. The magnets were also supposed to be like the old magnets, though PRS kept the exact specs a secret.

This was one of the limited run of 250 Mccarthys, and there were CE24s and SCs as well, I think 150 each. These were no option runs, so speced by PRS.

It's a Peruvian mahogany neck with a dalbergia rosewood fingerboard and a mahogany body with a quilted maple top.

An interesting fact is that the PRS Artist Pack and Wood Library guitars were not around at the time and were only launched later.

Mine is #2 of 250, I compared it to some of the other pics of other guitars in the series and was pleasantly surprised. I like the fact that that the additional back plate was signed by PRS as well, a nice touch.

• That is gorgeous! Sounds like a good price on it too!

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• You can get the 57/08s in the PRS store. They had initially said these would never be available outside select models. Paul Reed Smith in fact said something to the effect that with this limited run of guitars, you were in effect paying for the pickups and getting a guitar free with it.

Yeah, I've swapped a lot of pups in my day but given the experience I've had with this McCarty I think I'd just buy another guitar with different pups that was the whole package. I've been unwilling to change anything but the strings on this one because it all just comes together, so I'm really impressed with their holistic approach. I get the sense that's common with PRS guitars, hence the cult-like following.

• ........with PRS guitars, hence the cult-like following.

no the cult like following stems from the initiation ceremony where we have to roll up one trouser leg, and drink the blood of a virgin unicorn before swearing allegiance to Paul and accept death by stoning by women wearing beards if we ever speak ill the grand master.

• no the cult like following stems from the initiation ceremony where we have to roll up one trouser leg, and drink the blood of a virgin unicorn before swearing allegiance to Paul and accept death by stoning by women wearing beards if we ever speak ill the grand master.

I think I was in the band for one of those events. It was either that or a unicorn biker bar, the memory isn't what it used to be.

• no the cult like following stems from the initiation ceremony where we have to roll up one trouser leg, and drink the blood of a virgin unicorn before swearing allegiance to Paul and accept death by stoning by women wearing beards if we ever speak ill the grand master.

I'm a bit hazy on the whole thing, but I think was at one of those back in the 80s. Although the chastity of the unicorn was never confirmed...