Show your latest guitar

• no the cult like following stems from the initiation ceremony where we have to roll up one trouser leg, and drink the blood of a virgin unicorn before swearing allegiance to Paul and accept death by stoning by women wearing beards if we ever speak ill the grand master.

"Right, who throw that stone?"

"She did ... He did, he did"

"Are there any women here today? "

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• no the cult like following stems from the initiation ceremony where we have to roll up one trouser leg, and drink the blood of a virgin unicorn before swearing allegiance to Paul and accept death by stoning by women wearing beards if we ever speak ill the grand master.

It gets worse.

Today I happened upon a YouTube video on their Private Stock boutique shop. Leo Fender was responsible for a lot of great musical gear. Then CBS bought the company and Fender became a factory that just churned out stuff with a corporate / bottom line mentality. You don't have to watch many videos with Paul to see that there's a passion for guitars from the top down. A big corporation to be sure, but apparently with all the idealism of an artistic mindset still intact.

Sure, there's hype and propaganda inherent in anything a company releases to the public, but I'm starting to see where the reputation comes from. They're certainly not the only company passionate about the quality of their guitars (and there are sooo many good ones out there these days), but now that I own a PRS I'm beginning to understand the cult. Earlier I caught myself browsing the Internet to see what models they had.

In the immortal words of Han Solo, I have a bad feeling about this...

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Not new but my latest guitar. I bought it nearly 2 years ago. It is a 2006 build ES 335. It was shipped to Teneriffa from Gibson. From there it found the way to Gregor Hilden in Münster/Germany. He sold me the guitar and now the ES stays int Telgte/ Germany. I love this guitar.

Some days ago I ordered the Suhr JM. It will arrive in June.

• This is why I'm an unabashed toady.

I've bought 5 PRS without having played them first. No fear. The other three took seconds to decide after playing them.

Pretty hard to beat.

• My 35th anniversary PRS Custom is the best quality guitar I have owned or played in forty years.

The fretboard plays like silk and the frets making string bending a breeze.

Mr Paul Reed Smith's dedication, enthusiasm and honesty towards his instruments and company is there for all to see and whilst being a multi million dollar brand somehow, in my opinion, still manages to feel boutique.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here is young Jack from Peach guitars showcasing my very own PRS.

I can't say that I can get it to sound as good mind!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

I've bought 5 PRS without having played them first. No fear. The other three took seconds to decide after playing them.

Pretty hard to beat.

I took that leap of faith with my 83 G&L and still love it today. Did the same with a new Tele, not so much. With PRS, however, I've been tempted to roll the dice once more.

Here is young Jack from Peach guitars showcasing my very own PRS.

I can't say that I can get it to sound as good mind!

Gorgeous tones. In fact, the Custom 24 is what I've been looking at today. However, as much as I love my McCarty, I truly, passionately dislike the "violin recarve" (sorry, Alan!). After decades of playing Strats it is far and away the most uncomfortable guitar I've ever owned, which I suppose says something for how much I love the guitar that I'd tolerate it.

The violin thing looks pretty, but a violinist's arm never comes in contact with that edge. Mine rests heavily on it, as I'm a very physical performer and that's part of how I control the instrument (hence the bruise in the previous picture).

I was looking on the PRS site and thought I saw an answer in the contoured body of the S2. PRS quality, Strat comfort. Then I dug further into the S2 series and no way. The entire point of PRS is the extreme quality and the S2 just doesn't cut it for me.

I guess I should be happy about this as I was close to pulling the trigger on a Custom 24 and the recarve-only option in the Core line just saved me several thousand bucks. I don't know why they don't offer the contour body in the higher quality lines, it would probably have been a no brainer for me if they did.

• Some days ago I ordered the Suhr JM. It will arrive in June.

I've played single coil Fenders for decades, but I've never owned a guitar with the soap bar style. Cool looking guitar, I really need to do a side by side of the pups one day to see what the soap bar could bring to the party.

• I've played single coil Fenders for decades, but I've never owned a guitar with the soap bar style. Cool looking guitar, I really need to do a side by side of the pups one day to see what the soap bar could bring to the party.

Check out the earlier Tone Junkie videos where HW plays a Suhr JM. One of the best sounding guitars.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Pretty hard to beat.

Same here. I purchased all of these (and a dozen more) online. Sorry for the bad quality photo. They were all great players:

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I've played single coil Fenders for decades, but I've never owned a guitar with the soap bar style. Cool looking guitar, I really need to do a side by side of the pups one day to see what the soap bar could bring to the party.

My 594 soapbar is a go to for gigs. Fits in almost anywhere.

• P90 pickups absolutely rock Chris.

I took me 20 years to figure this out, as I was never curious enough to give'em a try, but once my luthier convinced me to try a new set of handwounds P92 on my semi hollow, I was sold. I still remember the first chords on cleans and the first power chords , so impressive and cutting, much cleaner and punchier than my HB . I then tried some single lead notes , even more impressive :o the beast was literally singing & screaming . Beware , you'll get addicted.

Mines are especially bright , maybe a bit too much , but I"m used to it and often set the tone on the guitar about 8 or 9 on dist rhythm parts. On 3 they get much darker , but still with a lot of character, very similar to a gibson Les Paul, thanks to the correct choice of my luthier with the caps.

• P90 pickups absolutely rock Chris.

I took me 20 years to figure this out, as I was never curious enough to give'em a try, but once my luthier convinced me to try a new set of handwounds P92 on my semi hollow, I was sold. I still remember the first chords on cleans and the first power chords , so impressive and cutting, much cleaner and punchier than my HB . I then tried some single lead notes , even more impressive :o the beast was literally singing & screaming . Beware , you'll get addicted.

Mines are especially bright , maybe a bit too much , but I"m used to it and often set the tone on the guitar about 8 or 9 on dist rhythm parts. On 3 they get much darker , but still with a lot of character, very similar to a gibson Les Paul, thanks to the correct choice of my luthier with the caps.

In all these years I've never even held a guitar with P90s, which in retrospect is really kinda weird since I've sat in music stores and fooled around with all manner of things.

I was playing back and forth tonight between the McCarty and the G&L. The latter has fairly hot humbuckers on the bridge, and while I like the sound (MB's Friedman 50 with a Klon is my default rock profile) on the G&L, I like it even better on the McCarty's pups. They're not quite as hot and also seem to have a bit more clarity to them. Run through a hot amp, it gives some nice bite that I don't get out of the Seymour Duncan on the G&L.

All of which makes me wonder how a P90 would compare in that context. While I wouldn't expect them to be as hot as humbuckers, I can actually plug my plain Jane Strat into that profile and it still has the rock distortion, so it would be interesting to compare all that to soapbars.

And I've done so well at avoiding GAS the last couple of years. Sigh....

• P90 is a beautiful tone right between single coil and humbucker. Can be used either way and shine. Love it!

• In all these years I've never even held a guitar with P90s,

?????

Repent ye spawn of satin ?

In some cases P90 are even hotter than HB but less muddy. They definitely ain’t no Strat pups that for sure ?

I know Dc Resistance isn’t an accurate guide to how hot a pup is but it gives a very rough indication of the general ballpark. Strats are around 6k (ish), Vintage PAF around 7 - 8k (ish), P90 around 7- 8k (ish) but Bareknuckles make one at 14.5k and another 21k ?

• yep that's it : between a HB and a single coil , but a really beefed up SC :evil: with lots of clarity, string separation and wonderful attack. And so versatile from jazz to heavy.

I'll let you hear one of my track 100 % P92 on semi-hollow Ibanez artist : P92 are HB sized replacement pickups that fit with the typical HB plastic mounting. I cannot believe I paid only 150€ for both hand-wound pickups with alnico 2 mags ,including mounting & setting up , best money I ever spent on a guitar mod.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

you'll hear the PM , meaty rhythm, shiny & bells cleans , and singing leads , all on a single profile ( Mr May from rig ex )