Show your latest guitar

• Chris, the reason that the CU24 sounds more convincing in the Start position 4 sounds than others you have tried is probably because the 24 fret neck puts the neck pickup in a place that is closer to where the single coil in a Start would be than a tapped HB on a 22 fret neck.

I never would have thought about that!

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I'm sure your wife would prefer it to be your guitars! :)

What wife? :D

Are the strings off centre on that Strindberg guitar. I don’t know anything about them but all the strings look off centre towards the bass string end of the neck.

The bass string is a .80 or something, so probably an optical illusion. If you look at the first pic, you'll see all the strings go over the pickup pole pieces. There's even spacing on each side of the fretboard and between each string.

nightlight

What a friggin' beauty, AJ!

Congrats, buddy. 8)

Thanks, Nicky!

• Here is the result of the restoration of my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Plain Top (was a lot of work ;)).

Little background for those interested. When I bought the guitar (Traditional Pro HCS) it had some cosmetical flaws and I had to change the bridge, recut the nut... I did not send the guitar back, because it sounded great and the neck felt really fast and good. And I loved the look of the plain top 8) Because of the cosmetical flaws, I looked at it as a player, not a collector item.

What really is surprising on this guitar: The pretty thin 60s slim neck is VERY robust and resistant to climate change. I only adjusted the trussrod once after I bought the guitar and it stayed the same since. No other guitar I own is like that (not my Music Man guitar, not my Gibson with rounded 50s neck...). During the restoration the guitar had strings off for months, no case and lying around in the cellar after the paint job, forgot it in the sun... It has not affected the neck a tiny bit. Put strings on again, no adjustment needed - it's a miracle :S Also on this Gibson the frets seem to be much harder and do not tarnish (unlike my 2009 Gold Top). Plus it has been perfectly plek'd in the factory.

But Gibson did a bad job with the headstock finish. The neck, back of the headstock and back of the body originally had a thin satin finsish - top has a nice thin gloss finish. But the headstock front had a very thick coat of lacquer with some flaws and later some dents and wear marks, headstock bubbles around some tuner holes...

So I decided to repair the deeper marks, sand down as far as possible and drop-fill with nitro lacquer. But we all know, a bad repair often looks worse than the original "scar" - so I had to do it right! At the end it took months of meticulously work and a final new coat of paint on the headstock to get a perfect high gloss result.

Between the times of lacquer drying it somehow happend, that I dropp-filled and polished-out every mark and dent on the whole neck and body too :D With nitro lacquer, time and a lot of patience you can get perfect results. The original zebra-look humbuckers did get nickel covers and have been wax-potted. Hardware changed to all-nickel, added an aluminum tailpiece, Faber tone lock kit, russian PIO caps, ...

Now it is a bit strange, that my guitar after all this years for the first time ever looks perfectly new, with no cosmetically flaws at all^^

Seems I have to take care of this beauty more than ever before <3

Edited 3 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• Classical beauty! :thumbup:8)

And impressive that you can do all that stuff on your own. Very cool. I'm used to work on my instruments, in electronics etc. - but laquer and wood work are different animals for me. But very good luthier around here so I guess he should have some business too :)

• Here is the result of the restoration of my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Plain Top (was a lot of work ;)).

Looks showroom new. Nicely done, man!

That sort of thing is way out of my league.

I also do the opposite of restoration: Take new guitars and - meticulously again - "damage" them :D

Hey, even I can do that.

Of course, I do it the old fashioned way (clumsiness, excessive enthusiasm / insufficient self control on stage, too much tequila, etc.) ^^

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Here is the result of the restoration of my 2012 Gibson Les Paul Plain Top (was a lot of work ;) ).

Did you add the locking tuners yourself, Tobi?

I've always wanted an LP-style geetar, and when I eventually get one one day, you can bet your bottom dollar it'll have or I'll install lockers. No-brainer in my book.

• Did you add the locking tuners yourself, Tobi?

I've always wanted an LP-style geetar, and when I eventually get one one day, you can bet your bottom dollar it'll have or I'll install lockers. No-brainer in my book.

The guitar originally had Grover locking tuners (chrome tulip style). I changed that to the nickel Kluson Back-Lock tuners. I like the look of the kidney-shaped buttons better on this guitar (Jimmy Page LP... you know;)).

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• Ibot39 that’s an absolutely stunning repair. The join where you reattached the headstock to the neck is totally invisible. At least I assume its an invisible repair as its a Les Paul so the neck much have snapped at some point ?

Just kidding, honestly ?

Tbh I never had a broken headstock with any Gibson :) I had Paulas fallen of a chair, fall over sideways, crashing the bass player, clashing the wall - leaving some marks, but never broken, cracked or something.

As written above, this guitar has a really thin neck - but it is the most stable I've ever experienced. Don't know what is different with this piece of wood...

Of course, I do it the old fashioned way (clumsiness, excessive enthusiasm / insufficient self control on stage, too much tequila, etc.) ^^

The first scratches are the worst ?

Look at the picture. You only see a little scratch now - but the original plastic jackplate was completely broken!

So what happened on day 2 after I bought my Gold Top?

Well, let's say, you know you had enough drinks already, when the song is almost over and you still didn't manage to plug in your guitar?

• This is my Aria Pro II YS-400 B from 1979.
    I bought it as a teenager in 1980 for 1000 German Mark.
    In 1998 I sold this lady to our bass player, who gave it to his girlfriend as a birthday present.

They later separated and she moved to England and got married there.

After a long search, this guitars have now been returned,

she have been in the guitarcase for over 20 years.

With polish and super glue drop fill, refurbished.

The potentiometer and the plastic pickup frame have been replaced.
    Otherwise original as on the first day.

Be the force with you ;)