Show your latest guitar

• Finaly i have got my new Epiphone ES335 Cherry (Inspired of Gibsen edition) due to Covid-19 the delivery was delayed!

I was a bit worried how this guitar would sound trough Kemper, but I am realy impressed by playability and sound. good nice tones from Jazz to Rock. thick fat tone on hi gain and a lot of sustain! It had a few finnish dings, but considering the price its ok. I dont anyone would notice much sound difference in the audience compared to 4 times more expencive Gibson! the alnico pro pickups had good separation no muddyness and was quite dynamic. It sounded very nice on my Kemper. I modified some presets from my hollow short T and it sounded very good. It has almost same scale and it is chambered so a bit similar. ES335 was as expected fatter sounding and i was impressed about the sustain. string separation and effects was clear and transparent. delay and tremolo not muddy at all! factory set up was ok. good intonation but maby a hair to high! but playability and neck was nice!

• Agreed. I don’t have Paul Gilbert size paws, and the HM Strat’s 25.1” scale, combined with the flat, thin (but rock solid) neck, as well as full access to 24 jumbo frets, makes this a joy and inspiration to play.

I have been considering the Schaller Floyd (Lockmeister) as well.

Question on the locking nut. Not sure if this is available from Schaller, but wouldn’t we need an R10 locking nut, due to the radius? The R10 is 15” radius, which is closest to the neck’s 17”. I will have to measure the width of existing nut/shelf.

No, the nut is already a BR3 (korean equivalent of the R3). Get the r3 and you will be ok. Buy and a couple of nut shims in case you need to raise the nut a bit because the R3 is slightly shorter

• Really love that 80's looks, never played one but seems confortable !!! And the YJM in the back, that's so cool !! Great collection

Question, will you buy also the pi,k one ?? 8o

• Fender HM Strats are beautiful to play, I used to have two of the original ones, but sold them because I could never get the Kahler Spyder to stay in tune with even minimal usage. A real pity, the guitar has a really interesting neck radius that begs to be shredded on. This is the one I used to own, it was originally shell pink, but aged to a firey orange. Still wish it stayed in tune. I bet the newer ones with Floyd Roses are much easier to keep in tune and maintain too.

• It actually is a great idea to know more than one instrument, even if it's just guitar and bass. I find it gives you a different perspective on how to write/arrange a song.

What else do you have in that studio corner?

• It actually is a great idea to know more than one instrument, even if it's just guitar and bass. I find it gives you a different perspective on how to write/arrange a song.

Well, to go even more off topic I got a Roland TD-30 extended kit, DX7 Mk1 (1984) , KORG CX-3 (1982) , MiniKORG 700s (1976)

Fatar Studiologic 880 , a vintage Prophet-5 rev.2 (1978 ) , 2 CreamWare MiniMax ( tabletop MiniMOOG clone ) , some EMU rack synths ,

Multivox Basky2 bass pedals ( poor mans Moog Taurus ) some electric and acoustic 6 and 12- string guitars,

( some in my avatar picture ) 4 basses , some amps ( Blackstar, Orange, Marshall ) and of course a KEMPER + DXR-10 :thumbup:

And I play guitar, bass , keys and drums. Only originals, NO covers 8o

Now you know a little more about me :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().

• got to love an old Volvo. Just googled the PV544 ????

Corvettes and Volvos are natural enemies in the animal kingdom. :)

Question on the locking nut. Not sure if this is available from Schaller, but wouldn’t we need an R10 locking nut, due to the radius? The R10 is 15” radius, which is closest to the neck’s 17”. I will have to measure the width of existing nut/shelf.

I have a different question on the locking stuff. Back in ancient times I had the Kahler locking nut system, which was a mixed blessing when you break a string. However, the PRS I just got is my first foray into guitars with locking tuners.

If you have locking tuners, would you still need a locking nut? Seems like they cover the same ground, and fewer hassles when you break a string, but I'm just guessing here to be honest.

It actually is a great idea to know more than one instrument, even if it's just guitar and bass. I find it gives you a different perspective on how to write/arrange a song.

Couldn't agree more. When I'm writing on guitar, I find that often the guitar does the writing, i.e. I fall into comfortable patterns. I've always dabbled with keys but a couple of years ago I picked up a Kronos so I could start playing more. I find that when I'm writing on piano the song comes more from my heart and head than my fingers, and it absolutely puts me in a different space.

I started as a kid playing trumpet in school (and a little on the road back in the Holiday Inn days), and that doesn't influence my songwriting, it made me learn to read music. Useless in the typical rock band, of course, but still nice to be able to think in that direction as well.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

Edited once, last by Chris Duncan ().

• The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

I totaly agree. I have different guitars for different styles and sounds! Mandolin, Dobro, accoustic guitar steel and nylon, two strats, one Telecaster and Epi ES335. I only miss a Les Paul 58

• I have a different question on the locking stuff. Back in ancient times I had the Kahler locking nut system, which was a mixed blessing when you break a string. However, the PRS I just got is my first foray into guitars with locking tuners.

If you have locking tuners, would you still need a locking nut? Seems like they cover the same ground, and fewer hassles when you break a string, but I'm just guessing here to be honest.

Hi Chris,

Locking tuners are fine and helpful if one is conservatively using a tremolo, say, for simple vibrato effects. However, if you doing more extreme whammy actions, major pitch effects, etc., and have a fully floating tremolo, such as a Floyd Rose (or Kahler) which is neutrally set floating (so as to be able to both dive as well pull up)...one of the main sources/culprits for the guitar not returning to tune is string binding at the nut. This is eliminated with a locking nut.

• Hi Chris,

Locking tuners are fine and helpful if one is conservatively using a tremolo, say, for simple vibrato effects. However, if you doing more extreme whammy actions, major pitch effects, etc., and have a fully floating tremolo, such as a Floyd Rose (or Kahler) which is neutrally set floating (so as to be able to both dive as well pull up)...one of the main sources/culprits for the guitar not returning to tune is string binding at the nut. This is eliminated with a locking nut.

That makes sense, thanks. This CU24 has a nice tremolo system (dive only) and so far seems to be well behaved, but I'm not doing an entire night of Eddie so I don't know how it would fare under those circumstances. I guess if you were really going to be slamming it all night you'd want your guitar to be as well armed as possible (er, no pun intended).

• Just purchased the new Lunar Ice Silver Sky, probably sell my Frost one now.

Lovely guitars, certainly if you're a Strat guy or gal.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Took a bit of a hit dmatthews as they sold out almost instantly. I paid £3300 for it and had to drive 150 miles.

The talk is they'll level around £4500 so hopefully I won't lose on it, especially as there's only 60 in the UK. To be honest I reckon its for keeps anyway as I love a Silver Sky and this plays beautifully.

Frost one's for sale if anyone wants it.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• Took a bit of a hit dmatthews as they sold out almost instantly.

I had a similar situation with the CU24. Even Sweetwater was out of stock, and the rep said that due to the covid hassles PRS was behind and it might be 90 days or more. When I happened to find one at Zzounds I jumped on it. Like you, I worry less about resale as I'm pretty sure they'll bury me with this thing. Just hopefully not anytime soon.

That's a spectacular finish, different colors from different angles.

• Crookster Both very, very nice looking guitars!!

I really like the frost white too. But those tuner buttons are ... ugly? ^^:saint::P

But seriously, I was thinking about buying a Silver Sky as my next SSS guitar. They are great, but you know, not cheap :)

In the end I bought a used Music Man Cutlass (for way less) a few days ago. The Cutlass will complement my Music Man Stingray guitar pretty nice I guess and is not too far away from the Silver Sky. I share pictures after I reworked the guitar to my specs.

Edited once, last by Ibot39 ().

• That is the best Silver Sky finish I've seen. I wouldn't worry about resale value, that's the kind of guitar I would keep unless I found it was a lemon. Looks so gorgeous, and under stage lights, it'll be magical.

• Took a bit of a hit dmatthews as they sold out almost instantly. I paid £3300 for it and had to drive 150 miles.

The talk is they'll level around £4500 so hopefully I won't lose on it, especially as there's only 60 in the UK. To be honest I reckon its for keeps anyway as I love a Silver Sky and this plays beautifully.

Frost one's for sale if anyone wants it.

You've definitely made a mistake...look I can help out and take it off your hands for £60 if you like...I might go up to £70...as we are friends :)

Seriously, that is one sexy guitar. Nice one dude.