Show your latest guitar

• I've only just recently realised that there's a lot of guitarists that don't care what a guitar sounds like unplugged. Whenever I try a guitar in a store, even if I'm seriously considering buying it, I don't really care to plug it in. I figure that's only testing the pickups and their amplifier, which seems almost pointless.

Being left handed, if I like how the guitar sounds acoustically and how it feels, if it sounds bad plugged in I'm not going to turn it down, I'll just change the pickups later. There's not enough choice out there to be that picky

• I've only just recently realised that there's a lot of guitarists that don't care what a guitar sounds like unplugged. Whenever I try a guitar in a store, even if I'm seriously considering buying it, I don't really care to plug it in. I figure that's only testing the pickups and their amplifier, which seems almost pointless.

Being left handed, if I like how the guitar sounds acoustically and how it feels, if it sounds bad plugged in I'm not going to turn it down, I'll just change the pickups later. There's not enough choice out there to be that picky

TBH I never really try a guitar out for how it sounds but how it plays and feels...that probably sounds crazy but its because:

1) I will more than likely swap out the pickups anyway

2) I rarely know the amp well enough to know how it sounds compared to other guitars

3) The quality of guitars these days tends to be much more consistent

4) I now buy guitars based more on how they look than sound - which is probably a bit stupid but just being honest

• Not stupid at all, actually, I bet that secretly most of us go for looks first than sound. Its the effect of falling in love with what you see, and afterwards, with what you hear. I mean, I have never tried a guitar that to me looks ugly unless a friend of mine insist me to.

I will be honest here, I also just go for looks and feel/playability, because all of my guitars had their pickups changed one way or the other. I am super picky about pickups sound tough (bad pund).

The answer is 42

• This arrived. Could not pass this up. $2,000 Guitar for $691 on Amazon. Not sure why it was discounted that much, but it's back to over 2K now. It was missing the strap button behind the neck, so they knocked off another $145 :) Even had the HSC!

• Great deal! Remember, it's not about what you spent, but what you saved!

There's a leftie Gretsch on Reverb in that colour that I've been eyeing for a while, if he took 66% off of that guitar I'd be jumping on that too

• Finally put my money where my mouth was:

1988 MIJ JEM. Plays like butter obviously. Got it for a little less than 2k$ which is a good price. Plan on keeping it forever though :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I got this yesterday. It sounds great. I thought I would change the pickups in them but I really like the sound of the noiseless single coils. I can go from spank to woman tones, and the HB has good punch and bite. It has rolled fingerboard and neck similar to my Charvel. I wanted a top mount Floyd Rose to install a trem-stop and D-Tuna. I could not pass this up for the killer price! (embarrassingly cheap).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I got this yesterday. It sounds great. I thought I would change the pickups in them but I really like the sound of the noiseless single coils. I can go from spank to woman tones, and the HB has good punch and bite. It has rolled fingerboard and neck similar to my Charvel. I wanted a top mount Floyd Rose to install a trem-stop and D-Tuna. I could not pass this up for the killer price! (embarrassingly cheap).

Is that an "Adrian Smith"? Love it!!!

• Is that an "Adrian Smith"? Love it!!!

Yes! I never wanted a "signature" model guitar because you pay more for the name than what the guitar is worth, but the reviews were outstanding on this one, and they held true.

• Not new, but my main workhorse got pimped' by my mother, a professional artist

The strat had an ugly 2 tone sunburst ( I much prefer 3 tones ) so I decided to go for a 1920' Art Nouveau drawing ( it's enamel paint) covering the limit between the two tones. Looks so classy now :)

How does that beauty sounds ?

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• How incredibly cool.

You're mom's a professional artist of that caliber and customizes your guitars? Dude, that's cheating! :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Have been jonesing a Floyd guitar for sometime. I started playing guitar in the 90's and my first guitars were all Floyd Roses (Squier, Charvel, Jackson). I also got this because it came with Bareknuckle pups although they are way too hot for me (Warpigs are insane pickups). Thinking about putting in a spare Rio Grande BBQ in the bridge and a SD Jazz in the neck. I've progressed to PRS and Gibson but the nostalgia bug has definitely won me over. Has me thinking about getting a EVH Wolfgang in the future.

• I'm still waiting on this one to re-stock. ESP Viper. I need another hardtail to experiment with drop tunings. I've been wanting to get another SG-ish style guitar because they look so "devilish". ETA is maybe June. After that, then all I need is a Fender or G&L Tele and I'm good to go.

• Second guitar build done, really like the tone on this one. Ash body, maple neck, ebony fretboard. Graphtech nut, Schaller tuners, Duncan Vintage Tele neck, Hot Tele bridge, CTS pots. Nitro finish except back of neck is couple layers shellac only.