Show your latest guitar

• NGD! After searching for a Les Paul that I could really bond with, I stumbled upon this and could not resist...

I have always loved the look of a LP but I loved the versatility and ergonomics of a "Super Strat". And I have over the years tried and tried to find a LP that I could feel comfortable with and now I think the search have ended!

My Suhr Modern GG sig. will still be my no. 1 but this is worthy to hang with the top guy... 8)

2018 PRS SC 594 with Artist package.

Edited once, last by Janne ().

• Breathtaking!

• Beautiful. I have a 594 double cut one off. It is truly one of my favorite guitars. It for me gives me the Les Paul control layout in a double cut guitar. I did end up changing the pickups in mine. The LT pickups were a little too weak for playing gigs. They caused too much of a drop off in volume when I would switch to it. I put in a set of 57/08 pickups and love it now.

• Breathtaking!

Thank you! I never really liked that color scheme when I saw it in pictures, but in real life it's wonderful... it seem like one of those that can't be captured by a camera really well.

Beautiful. I have a 594 double cut one off. It is truly one of my favorite guitars. It for me gives me the Les Paul control layout in a double cut guitar. I did end up changing the pickups in mine. The LT pickups were a little too weak for playing gigs. They caused too much of a drop off in volume when I would switch to it. I put in a set of 57/08 pickups and love it now.

Thank you! I was a bit worried about the pickups from what I had read on the 'net. But to my surprise the sound quite similar to my Suhr pickups that I really like. Open, detailed and full, but as you said a bit lower output. We'll see how that works out, I'll probably have different performances for each guitar to make any necessary adjustments. That flexibility is why we use our KPAs... :)

• Killer! I've got a 594 double cut wood library, and a 594 soapbar and they are two of my favourites!

• I've only just recently realised that there's a lot of guitarists that don't care what a guitar sounds like unplugged.

Pickups do not 'see' anything we hear coming from a guitar as acoustic sound - I have guitars that sound unimpressive when played acoustically but kill over an amp.

There's even controversy over the trope that resonant guitars = good guitars, and from people that know much much more about the stuff than I do (like R&D guys from major guitar/bass companies)

But I see your point, if a guitar feels good, it can be made to sound and play well - from a simple setup to a new bridge (my personal fav) and pickups that make sense in context.
    There really are no good/bad pickups, it all depends on where a guitar is and where you want it to go.

• Pickups do not 'see' anything we hear coming from a guitar as acoustic sound - I have guitars that sound unimpressive when played acoustically but kill over an amp.

There's even controversy over the trope that resonant guitars = good guitars, and from people that know much much more about the stuff than I do (like R&D guys from major guitar/bass companies)

But I see your point, if a guitar feels good, it can be made to sound and play well - from a simple setup to a new bridge (my personal fav) and pickups that make sense in context.
    There really are no good/bad pickups, it all depends on where a guitar is and where you want it to go.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, the strings have no choice but to vibrate with the piece of wood they're attached to, if the wood is capable of affecting the guitar's sound then the strings are going to be affected by the wood vibrating as well, they can't vibrate independently from each other.

Playing plugged in is really just testing the pickups, sure swapping pickups may save an otherwise poor sounding guitar (but not always), but a guitar that sounds nice unplugged can always be made to sound good plugged in

• We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, the strings have no choice but to vibrate with the piece of wood they're attached to, if the wood is capable of affecting the guitar's sound then the strings are going to be affected by the wood vibrating as well, they can't vibrate independently from each other.

Playing plugged in is really just testing the pickups, sure swapping pickups may save an otherwise poor sounding guitar (but not always), but a guitar that sounds nice unplugged can always be made to sound good plugged in

Agree, only if the body were perfectly rigid (impossible) would it not be modulated by the string vibration. In technical terms (sorry) the oscillations are governed by the wave equation which is highly dependent on boundary conditions. It's a coupled system and the material properties matter.

• V8guitar  Wheresthedug oh... Ok, Well ,, therefore it's worth Double ! so Thanks Thanks!!

DonPetersen Yes, the colour it's officially a Tea, I guess, and It's stunnig to me,

but what I really really love it's the flame pattern: around the bridge/stoptail it looks almost One singol piece of wood and on the pots' side is perfectly flamed.

I guess I've been Lucky to find it out.

I've had the time and oportunity to compared it side by side with 3 others: my AFD Vos 2010 (that I've used as Reference to compare them all) a R8 Dirty Lemon (Incredibly Very Light: just 3,58Kg) and a R8 50th Anniversary Murphy Aged (honestly my prefefered in terms of Sound, but not SO much for the price tag)

So I've brought home this one, It's called Rosita due to the red bleeding over the binding of the neck.

• don't get fooled it's just the Italian sun ;) It's always a good idea to take guitar pics outside

Gorgeous indeed , I'm looking forward hearing how it sounds

HA! You're Right! The Itlaian sun in September it's the PLUS of the Pic! (My tits are the Minus)

You're Wecome in My studio to Test Them out. it's the Best Way Youhave to appreciate differences.

Let me Know If You're coming around Milan/Como (.. Maybe for Holidays?)