Show your latest guitar

• Picked this beauty up for around $500 usd in excellent condition ! Gibson Tribute goldtop 2017T. Even came with all documentation and gig bag. Rarely is it a benefit to be a lefty but the guy could not move this due to it being a lefty and 2hrs away from any large population. Luckily I had to go there for work and snagged it.

Congratulations on the great find. There are still great deals to be found out there if you keep your eyes open. Especially the way things have been going the past year plus. Food and rent will trump gear for many.

• I finally finished building this Warwick Star Bass inspired bass.

It was more work than I initially imagined. Especially carving the outside and inside of the top and bottom took a long time.

I'm wondering what you think of this

• I can't believe I would ever buy one of these but it should be 10X better than a guitar + transpose for my mixes. My wife picked the color and said NO MORE GUITARS. (I said " no more this year and it ain't a guitar. It's a bass so it don't count"). ^^

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I can't believe I would ever buy one of these but it should be 10X better than a guitar + transpose for my mixes.

Congratulations! For sure it will be enriching and very inspiring for your music production activities. Take your time to explore it... for me having a real bass really opened doors to a deeper understanding of the lower octave power 8)

• Congratulations! For sure it will be enriching and very inspiring for your music production activities. Take your time to explore it... for me having a real bass really opened doors to a deeper understanding of the lower octave power 8)

I believe it will. I just need to do some 5-3-0-0-0... stuff (Another One Bites the Dust) and make History. I bet after playing bass for an hour, my guitar is going to feel like butter. LOL.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• After I did a "makeover" with my Plaintop LP (some may remember) I finally finished "restoring" a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio.

Again I filled up dings and scratches with nitro lacquer and polished with micro mesh and car polish for almost new look. Also removed the often seen "slight fretboard ridge" on the neck and other Gibson problems 8)

You guys know I am totally obsessed with detail:S So for example you can see in the picture what I do with Tune-O-Matic bridges on all of my guitars - I round one side of the saddles off for a played in feel, file the slots for perfect radius... Sweating the details that Gibson does ... not so much :D

Upgraded with TonePros bridge, tailpiece and Faber “Tone-Lock” spacers, Grover Locking tuners, security locks, chrome output jack, white toggle switch cap...

This guitar has "Fat Tap" coils split options. This is a partial tap, where some of the dumped coils is retained for hum cancellation and fatter tone. This sounds very nice and has a lot of P90 character. Very good sounding guitar.

• Old Guitar day!

I found a few photos of my Original Gibson SG I had in High School back in the 70's (Class of '75).

The story behind this is I needed a better guitar since I was using it in HS. Found this in a used shop. I think I paid $175 for it (I say I, but Mom and Dad paid for it). That was a chunk of money back then. About $1100 today!

Had it for years. The only complaints I had were the Trem was hard to keep the strings in tune, and no adjustable saddles for intonation. But it was a player for sure. I dropped it one time, and completely snapped to lower part with the electronics off. Music store sent it to a local luthier, and I swear, unless you looked inside the electronics cavity, you could not see the repair. I was amazed.

A few years later I got the urge for a new guitar. Always wanted a Les Paul but out of my range. I ended up getting an L6-S. I got $250 on trade for my SG. I think the L6-S was like $450-500. I paid for this one!

Worst decision ever! The L6-S and I never really connected. I ended up selling a few years later, and had NO guitar for a while.

I did recently get a new SG, but it has no Trem, and adjustable saddles.

I'd buy that old SG back in a heartbeat if I could. Can't imagine what it would be worth today! I put a lot of miles on it.

My current SG

• Wow, that really takes me back. In the beginning I was an SG / humbucker guy for years before I went Strat. I had a variety of used ones around that era ($175 was a darned good price!), but none were that pretty. Most had stop tailpieces, all had adjustable saddles.

The only one with a tremolo had a Bigsby, which I thought was the most horrible system on the planet as it would constantly go out of tune. In retrospect, those were the Van Halen days and that's just not what a Bigsby was designed for.

In the early 80s when I was working in NY, one guitarist had a late 60s cherry finish that looked very much like your new one. It was absolutely mint, and whatever year it was it, it was the period where there was almost no heel joining the neck. It was my holy grail vintage SG that I would never be able to afford.

Then after one gig during the winter he left it in has car overnight. The next morning he opened the case to discover that the finish had cracked in a checkerboard pattern, covering the entire body with small, centimeter sized squares. It was one of his go to guitars so he brought it to the next job anyway and told the story. I don't know who wanted to cry more, him or me.

That new one of yours has got to be a joy to own.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10