Show your latest guitar

• Bottom one is the latest. Both are Japan Tylers - top one a Studio Elite HD-P, bottom HD (has midboost). Astonishing guitars.

Yes, yes, I know, not everyone likes the headstocks... ;)

Hey Paul - I had fun learning more about the James Tyler guitars here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey Paul - I had fun learning more about the James Tyler guitars here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes, Greg's great! Has that annoying ability to make anything sound good, but not too difficult with a Tyler.

The Japan ones are made by Kitahara Gakki (Daisuke Kitahara) under licence from James Tyler and are just incredible - all the same hardware and specs, with the exception of neck profile options, with only the '59 Standard' available on the Japan ones. Which is fine by me!

Got a friend with four US ones, which we will be A/Bing as soon as we get the chance. Any other Tyler fans here?

• You got 2 years on me Gman but I was fortunate enough to hold on to my first "real" electric. Bought new in 79 and we've been together since then. Never changed anything on her. She's aged well, kept her figure, kept her voice, is always ready for action and is extremely low maintenance. Don't play her much these days since I started an affair with an LP about 10 years ago. But she's still my first and won't be going anywhere.

• Got a friend with four US ones, which we will be A/Bing as soon as we get the chance. Any other Tyler fans here?

Yes! Though I sold mine, as it wasn't getting the play that it deserved. I miss it terribly, and will one day get another. USA Hollow Studio Elite HD with the midboost circuit :

• Yes! Though I sold mine, as it wasn't getting the play that it deserved. I miss it terribly, and will one day get another. USA Hollow Studio Elite HD with the midboost circuit :

Lovely! Is that a Rasta Shmear?

The midboost makes a huge difference to me - nice also to be able to switch it off for that more 'straty' sound.

• Lovely! Is that a Rasta Shmear?

The midboost makes a huge difference to me - nice also to be able to switch it off for that more 'straty' sound.

Yes, Rasta shmear! It is easily the most resonant electric guitar I’ve ever played. The hollow body really gave it an incredible acoustic tone which translated to a really unique and unusual amped up sound. As much as I miss it, something good did come out of it; my latest favourite guitar, my Ibanez AZ Prestige, I bought with the money (as well as a Höfner violin bass).

• OGD! (Old Guitar Day) ^^

Co-worker just gave me this. Got it from a neighbor, didn't want it. It really needs some fretwork, those fret ends could ruin your day, and make you a Blood Donor. The wiring needs some work too.

Otherwise in really good shape! What's cool, Yamaha sent me the wiring diagram!

• Sollazzon

Congratulations. What a beauty! It's stunning.

4.206 kilograms (9.276 pounds) - time for a neoprene strap. I have one for every guitar.

I really think I've found a Practical Solution to My GAS: I've Finished all the Money I Had!

Oh, how I wish that were true.

• Hey thanks guys,

ST Serioulsy I feel Alright with my 28mm wide leather belt for all my LPs, (between 3,7 and 4,4 Kg)

for the ES 355 and the double neck I use a 38mm.

I've never had a Custom before, but in the past I've tested many differents and This is one of the lightest;

the heaviest was almost 4,8 Kg, (I didn't bought it for other reasons) but today I was a bit surprised as soon as I got it in my hands.

• Fab guitar, nice one....can you believe I was looking to get one and then strip the front!

• Well, if You don't care of the probable Price drop, and You want to have a different looking guitar (or You Need to do it for Tribute reasons.. ) You can do it.

The Great Zakk did Something really cool on His own Custom Gibson...

...and I took the inspiration and I did it on a FAKE Zakk Signature I still have.

It's more Slash oriented;, his tatoo, a Jack Danel's Switch, the Whole tab of Sweet Childe 'o Mine Intro, and some others ''custom features''

And ironically I got it signed by ''the Consipirators'' (Todd Kerns, Frank Sidoris and the drummer Brent Fitz in Zurich Years ago)

Strange story..

The guitar itself it's not Bad .. it's just OK, sounds a bit muddy, not a good resonance, not a great sustain, Capo and Frets needed some job to be Playable, but it was fun to make experience, and I still use it sometimes, ..expecially for the Fishman midi pickup installed (that actually costed more or less like the guitar)

Here some pics.

About the New Entry, it's already 30 Years old and it's not Completly Original 'cause it seems that some of the previous owners replaced the Pots, (but I'm not Sad at all for this)

we still have to fall in love, but it sounds really good to me!

It seems to have a Metal soul, it's mid scooped (or I should say it has a lot of Bass and Highs freq response with less mids)

great attack, good sustain, very good resonance, It sounds Defined on every note.

• Any Kramer players out there? I picked this up yesterday from a thrift store for $350. Kramer Vanguard, looks like 1985 made in USA. I haven't touched it yet except to make sure everything works. Looks all original, straight (and very thin) neck and no scratchy pots. I'll take it apart and clean it up. Seems pretty nice. Never played one before but I think I like it. Anyone familiar with it?

• Any Kramer players out there? I picked this up yesterday from a thrift store for $350. Kramer Vanguard, looks like 1985 made in USA. I haven't touched it yet except to make sure everything works. Looks all original, straight (and very thin) neck and no scratchy pots. I'll take it apart and clean it up. Seems pretty nice. Never played one before but I think I like it. Anyone familiar with it?

Super cool axe!

I remember the first time I saw one of these in blue at a music store back in the early 2000s. Used to dream about it.

Had no cash though, so when I finally went to the store to buy a guitar (it was literally the only one like it back then), I bought a Gibtone Stratocaster clone and my brother got a Givson Mustang clone, both made in India.