Show your latest guitar

• I love Charvel's and I love Orange.......that is a beaut!!

The SD Distortion pups just gravitate to high gain profiles. They have a lot of meat on the bones and also a warmth that I could not get with the SD JB's. They also have some of the growl I was looking for that ProBuckers with a stoptail have. I played it for 6 hours yesterday. I think it's my new number 1. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• love this colour ! Charvels are amazing. Picked one up a few months back and it is one of the best guitars I ever played

Their rolled fingerboard edges is like putting on an old shoe. The necks are so slick, fast, and comfy. They are by far my favorite axes. When I pick up one of my other guitars with painted necks and squared-off fretboard edges, I go ewwwl! LOL.

I also have a Jackson SDX with the rolled edges. It has the same neck but not finished to slippery smooth as the Charvel. But it was several hundred cheaper.

• This Framus Idolmaker arrived an hour ago. Sadly I have to get back to work now, but it feels pretty good.

It was nearly 50% cheaper because it's a factory B-Stock which I don't mind (some little flaws in the paint job).

Not sure if i like the Seymour Duncan Pickup (SH-4b) at the bridge. It was a little bit too much bass for me but we will see.

Yes, It's a lefty...

• I was always wondering if American Stratocaster are the real thing. I had some Mexican with Noiseless Pickups few years ago, at the moment I am playing some quite popular strat rip-off.

I read about American Special, watched all YouTube reviews and had a chance to try it today, seller wanted ~1000USD

This could have been my guitar today (illustrative photo, not original), I admit I liked big headstocks on strats.

But the seller didn't play on it for year and the strings were dirty, what's more they were to heavy for this guitar, when I tried tuning the guitar, the bridge moved upwards from the body. Not the best idea to present guitar for sale in such shape.

I noticed it was significantly heavier (alder) with body little thicker than mine (east poplar) and the neck was chunkier. My strat has "Soft C", whereas American Special has Modern C (slightly chunkier than regular C).

So the moral of this story is: always try guitar before you buy it. Don't believe reviews, don't buy brands. I'm not saying this Fender is bad guitar, I'm sure it will sell quickly, but I would regret if I bought it without trying.

So I stay with my Vintage Icon V6MRSSB. It needs some care - I need to change tuners and do some fretwork. Other than that it sounds like a strat and is comfortable to play. And I've put black pickguard (stock was mint green) and for me it looks even better now.

And I think I never presented it here, so let it be my "latest guitar".

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• What size strings did he have on it? I have some strats with 9s and 10s. 12s may require a nut file and a proper truss rod adjustment. 12's would also require trem spring tightening due to the added force of the heavier strings. But nothing to hard to do.

• What size strings did he have on it? I have some strats with 9s and 10s. 12s may require a nut file and a proper truss rod adjustment. 12's would also require trem spring tightening due to the added force of the heavier strings. But nothing to hard to do.

I don't know what strings size was there, but it felt like 11 at least or trem block springs loosened too much (what I exclude, 'cause the seller was not "guitarist", it was first guitar to learn how to play). However this chunkier neck and significantly heavier guitar overall were turn off for me. Maybe these dead strings added much to the impression. Anyway, I go with my vintage to do some fretwork and next I order some replacement tuning keys.

• I would have offered him $700 for it then do a proper setup on it, change trem springs out, and put some locking tuners. It would have been killer then! I like the maple neck on white look. But one rule I have is to never buy the same guitar and pickup configuration twice unless I know I will be changing pups out or when I would need a backup for stage (not likely this year ;)).

• I would have offered him $700 for it then do a proper setup on it, change trem springs out, and put some locking tuners. It would have been killer then! I like the maple neck on white look. But one rule I have is to never buy the same guitar and pickup configuration twice unless I know I will be changing pups out or when I would need a backup for stage (not likely this year ;)).

Still this guitar was too heavy for me, neck was chunkier than mine. And the rusty heavy stings made the testing this guitar really annoying. And the seller wasn't eager to negotiate.

I like maple fretboards too, but I'd go for black pickguard :)

Let's see maybe I have a chance trying different model.

• Ibanez RG550 F series Fujigen Japan 1989. I scored it in a local thrift store for a song! Ok there were several parts missing and it has 2 major problems. The neck has the infamous crack in the neck/headstock region. And the frets have been levelled almost down to the wood, extremely low wide frets. So i would have to refret it myself... Awesome shredder though!

• Ibanez RG550 F series Fujigen Japan 1989. I scored it in a local thrift store for a song! Ok there were several parts missing and it has 2 major problems. The neck has the infamous crack in the neck/headstock region. And the frets have been levelled almost down to the wood, extremely low wide frets. So i would have to refret it myself... Awesome shredder though!

Read about Paul Dean of Loverboy. The neck on his strat cracked (he couldn't afford a new one) and he drilled two screws in it to hold it together, and then played it for multiple gold records. He had said he could never capture the tone of that guitar with a new neck.

• I also have a 1990 S540, same neck, same problem. It's 30 year old wood though and you can feel it. There's the new Genesis RG550 reissue, pricing is OK for a MIJ Ibanez but it'll feel like a new guitar.

• Just got a 2000 PRS Singlecut. Has Bareknuckle Rebel Yells in it, and Gotoh lockers.

Also has Emerson 500k pots, and orange drop caps.

Colour is Dark Cherry Sunburst.

Pretty sweet condition for 22 years old!