Show your latest guitar

• Firefly just launched a Strat series and I love Strats.

[Blocked Image: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0211/2667/6580/products/IMG_20210910_153127_1024x.jpg?v=1644996382]

The price was $159. Typically I use these as a platform and update the hardware and pickups but the necks on these are great and in reality unless you are going for a very specific tone like 64 blues, or classic strat with the orange drop cap, they are fine to play right out of the box. It should be here on Tuesday next week.

• I love to see all the pictures of your guitars!

This time I have something new myself :)

The red Ibanez JS2480 - my first guitar with a Sustainiac - works great after some practice.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• My belated christmas present (to myself.)... a 35 year old Washburn RS-8v in pearl white. Which was missing its trem.

Minor surgery to the trem posts (too close together and too far from the neck) and its back in action with a floyd from my parts drawer. I've since swapped out the pickups for some pafs as the EMG selects are 'not to my taste'. Mahogany body and neck, set neck joint, carved top( which may be maple, or mahogany) carbonite fretboard and cool inlays.

• Scored this 2003 Ibanez Universe UV777P on Thursday. It needs some love and care, as the frets are corroded, the neck needs lightly sanding and oiling and all the screws and trem blades are rusty, but I unblocked the trem, slapped some new strings on it and got it to stay in tune (ish) long enough to fumble my way through For the love of God. I’ve wanted a 7-string since P&W came out in 1990, so it was about time!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Scored this 2003 Ibanez Universe UV777P on Thursday. It needs some love and care, as the frets are corroded, the neck needs lightly sanding and oiling and all the screws and trem blades are rusty, but I unblocked the trem, slapped some new strings on it and got it to stay in tune (ish) long enough to fumble my way through For the love of God. I’ve wanted a 7-string since P&W came out in 1990, so it was about time!

If that's fumbling then then you clearly haven't seen me play!

Love the Jem but love the playing even more dude - nailed the sound as well!!!!

I might start drinking coffee now!!

Wow. I enjoyed that.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I definitely need to sleep less and drink more coffee...if that is the result8|. What a hell of a fumble! My deepest respect, you nailed it

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Mulecaster (metal body)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Not my latest but I have played a few Gs from this era. Never able to afford one though. Interesting look at the old way they did it.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Huge Dimebag fan and these are now discontinued due to the lawsuit between his estate and Dean. Had to pull the trigger even it turns out to be a wall hanger. Actually pretty decent guitar though