Show your latest guitar

• I have that same guitar. What year is yours? Mine is a 2011, the second year for the American Special model.

Serial Number states US12xxxxxx so I will guess 2012. I went thru a buying phase and do not recall. Ordered it thru a local shop. They had a used one for cheap but the neck was off from the temp cycling and hanging etc. So they gave me a great price on a new one.

My first strat was a bullet ($99 US) that I loved to death until the frets wore off. Put a Seymour Duncan Humbucker in the bridge. So I figured I would try a better strat that came with HSS. Was never a fan of the HB. So this guitar has very low mileage.

After buying more humbucker guitars, I decided I should go back to a single coil in the bridge to have a true strat. This was the recent Texas Special upgrade. Loving it!

• Serial Number states US12xxxxxx so I will guess 2012. I went thru a buying phase and do not recall. Ordered it thru a local shop. They had a used one for cheap but the neck was off from the temp cycling and hanging etc. So they gave me a great price on a new one.

My first strat was a bullet ($99 US) that I loved to death until the frets wore off. Put a Seymour Duncan Humbucker in the bridge. So I figured I would try a better strat that came with HSS. Was never a fan of the HB. So this guitar has very low mileage.

After buying more humbucker guitars, I decided I should go back to a single coil in the bridge to have a true strat. This was the recent Texas Special upgrade. Loving it!

That is definitely a 2012 then. I found mine used in a Sam Ash. It was in perfect condition but the setup was terrible on it and it was fretting out on multiple places on the neck. They gave me a good deal on it and even a new Fender gig bag for it. Once I got it home I changed the strings and did a full setup on it. It has been playing very well ever since. Mine started out as an HSS as well. I have a number of HSS guitars so I decided to make mine an SSS as well. I still have the original pickguard with the original pickups in it. I have had a couple of friends try to buy the loaded pickguard from me. I put a new loaded pickguard on it with custom shop fat 50's in it. I wanted to have an SSS strat again too.

IMHO these early runs of these guitars were built a good bit better than the newer ones. I feel a big difference in the necks on them. They truly put the same necks on them that they were putting on the other US models at that time. There were just limited on the finishes they put them out in, two per year. At some point they started making changes to the necks to save money. I think mine plays and feels as good as an American Standard that I have that is a little older. These were a really good buy back in the early days of the model.

• Really nice Sam...you have a few Charvel's don't you?

That would’ve been my third. Still waiting on UPS to come pick it up, then it has to be assessed as to whether it was their fault as the shipping company, or Thomann’s fault as the supplier :wacko:

I can unfortunately see this dragging on a while;(

• That would’ve been my third. Still waiting on UPS to come pick it up, then it has to be assessed as to whether it was their fault as the shipping company, or Thomann’s fault as the supplier :wacko:

I can unfortunately see this dragging on a while;(

Hope it gets sorted soon.

• I used to have a guitar - Ibanez JS100. Although it was beautiful I never really liked it because it was impossible to set it up the way I wanted. Last year I took it to a luthier workshop in Warsaw and they managed to identify shimming issue and fixed it and now JS100 plays well. This luthier workshop was small (just two dudes sitting in a dungeon) but I noticed 3 unfamiliar guitars hanging on the wall and asked about them. They told me that they make their own guitars in their spare time and let me try them out. One of them just felt amazing - their interpretation of Telecaster - I’m not going to lie - love from first sight&feel :). So I ordered one last August and it arrived recently. It is called GHOST and looks like this:

swamp ash body, maple neck (satin), I don't know what wood is on top (flame maple maybe?) but I love it!, pickups are their own and have J90's vibe.

• lovey guitar 👍

a well made custom instrument from a small luthier is a wonderful thing.

• I feel like I post here a lot...maybe too much ^^

I ordered this back in early March, finally released. D'Angelico Mini DC Satin Brown Burst. Working on setup now. It's close, but I have particular tastes for the setup.

• A long time ago (when the earth was green) I had the thought that one day I'd like to get a certain type of guitar. The kind of guitar I'd never owned, and only tried in passing a couple of times in 10 years or so.

It was always on the back burner as I started to fill the harem with various other types and styles including singlecuts, soapbars, piezo, Wood library, and single coil examples. I know... tough problem... At one point I acquired a 594 soapy, and a Wood library 594 and fell in love with the format.

Then it happened.

As usual I have one eye on Reverb, and the other eye on Craigslist looking for deals. I know I'm not alone here. And there it was. This was probably 6 weeks ago. An absolutely pristine, mint example at a price that was way too good to be true.

But I waited... even though the price was ridiculously low.

Two weeks later he lowered the price, and then lowered it again a week after that! What the???

The struggle ended on Tuesday when I got a bonus at work. I contacted the seller on Wednesday, offered him less than his asking price and he took it.

I left work early and picked it up on the way to practice. I felt like a bandit. It's absolutely mint.

I couldn't resist... I am weak... Ugh...

So... that's the story of how I got here, and here is the result.

A 2021 594 Hollowbody II. This is a non 10 top, but I don't care about that.

• Congratulations that’s a beautiful guitar 👍

After years of lusting after one I finally got a regular HBii a couple of months back and it has become a real go to instrument for all types of playing.