Show your latest guitar

• I know....I say find me a purple guitar, everyone sends ideas and I just keep pushing back with " don't like the headstock" or "pickup config"....

These picky people are so annoying ha!

I do appreciate the ideas and actually that Jackson soloist is a very close candidate. Plus this conversation pulled out your experience with the Adrian Smith which (in green) is a possibility too....AND you have cemented my love of Charvels :)

Yes. If Fender ever made a super strat it would be a Charvel. :D;)

Let's not forget my Lambo Orange Charvel too.

:love:

With inflation so high, I am stuck doing "rerun" pictures. 8|

The more you find what Kemper can do then the harder you try to find what it cannot do -- like make a good cup of Frappuccino.

• Middle pickups are in the way for the pick. X/ Don't understand why Ibanez insist on them on most of their guitars and on mine too.:thumbdown:

You slam them to the body when Rocking , and then raise them up when Reggae - ing.

The more you find what Kemper can do then the harder you try to find what it cannot do -- like make a good cup of Frappuccino.

• Is that an Electromatic? I had one ( a white falcon type) and it was fantastic.....BUT.....I bought a full blown Falcon and that is amazing.

So if you do ever fancy going the whole hog, I fully endorse it, but these guitars are great too...hope you enjoy it!!!

It´s a streamliner, the more affordable, but really nice line. I like it :-)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Let's not forget my Lambo Orange Charvel too.

:love:

With inflation so high, I am stuck doing "rerun" pictures. 8|

I think that's my Fav of yours....really nice!! My actual fav colour is Orange, purple is second but you don;t see many orange guitars. I do like the Amber DK24 Charvel though....its another possibility...

• Thanks for all the inputs from you all. Truely some fab ideas and some ones that I will eventually go with no doubt, but....

I've pulled the trigger on a Charvel Purple Phaze....I knew where there were 2 for sale, 1 has sold, so started to panick that I'd miss the chance, so I've gone for it.

Messaged my wife, she will kill me....

I will post once the retro fitted trem is added....

• Hallelujah! Miracles can happen. Now we'll start working on your Orange Charvel.... :)

• If the worse happen we might see that guitar on your coffin.:saint: If so can I have the guitar after that?:whistling:

Ha!

So my message was basically " Sorry to ask by text but I want to buy a guitar and the one I want has come up second hand hence I want to jump on it, is that OK? Is £500..."

Her response was "Yes OK! But FFS!!!!".... She is fab!

• Ha!

So my message was basically " Sorry to ask by text but I want to buy a guitar and the one I want has come up second hand hence I want to jump on it, is that OK? Is £500..."

Her response was "Yes OK! But FFS!!!!".... She is fab!

Tell the truth, did you send her the note asking permission before or after you committed to the buy?

• Tell the truth, did you send her the note asking permission before or after you committed to the buy?

Honestly I sent the message before, but didn't get a response so ordered it. Technically I asked before but didn't get permission before I pulled the trigger..

In my defense it's a deposit and if she had a real issue with it, I could have pulled out....

When she got home and we went for a walk she said " so, this new guitar, why?" My response was quite pathetic....it went along the lines of " Erm...what can I say...I just fancied it... " She can see through any other BullS*#t so I don;t try to make up any cover stories!

She is ace!

Anyway, I will post pics when I get it and then pics after I've had the Gotoh Floyd fitted.

I also noticed that the trem version of the Purple Phase is not a DK24, its a 22 fret so I'm even happier as I wanted 24 frets - I had not noticed that!

Definitely worked out better...Im also going to put a Bareknuckle Holy Diver in the neck as well.

• its a 22 fret so I'm even happier as I wanted 24 frets - I had not noticed that!

You wanted 24 frets and are happier that the neck has 22 frets??? :/:wacko::huh:

If I want to buy a guitar my wife will ask me what guitar is it? Does it have a nice color? I do what I want to do with my money and she does the same. As long as we pay and share 50/50 for the bills, gas, food etc. I'm lucky.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• You wanted 24 frets and are happier that the neck has 22 frets??? :/:wacko::huh:

If I want to buy a guitar my wife will ask me what guitar is it? Does it have a nice color? I do what I want to do with my money and she does the same. As long as we pay and share 50/50 for the bills, gas, food etc. I'm lucky.

Sorry, I'm not being very clear :)

The Charvel Purple Phaze came in 2 variants - fixed bridge or with a Floyd. I thought that was the only difference but the fixed bridge is 24 and Floyd equipped 22 ( I thought they were both DK24's). Interestingly I watched a couple of reviews which referenced both but didn't mention they are actually different guitars with the same finish.

I had originally hoped to get a Floyd bridge one but couldn't find one on the premise it would avoid all the routing/remedial work. The only ones I could find second hand were fixed bridge, which is what I bought (24 fret).

My point was, this has turned out to be lucky (even though I'm having to retro fit a Floyd) because I just hadn't noticed the difference in the frets...so I could have bought a 22, luckily I bought a 24, but more by accident than design..