Show your latest guitar

• I know....I say find me a purple guitar, everyone sends ideas and I just keep pushing back with " don't like the headstock" or "pickup config"....

These picky people are so annoying ha!

I do appreciate the ideas and actually that Jackson soloist is a very close candidate. Plus this conversation pulled out your experience with the Adrian Smith which (in green) is a possibility too....AND you have cemented my love of Charvels :)

Yes. If Fender ever made a super strat it would be a Charvel. :D;)

Let's not forget my Lambo Orange Charvel too.

:love:

With inflation so high, I am stuck doing "rerun" pictures. 8|

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Is that an Electromatic? I had one ( a white falcon type) and it was fantastic.....BUT.....I bought a full blown Falcon and that is amazing.

So if you do ever fancy going the whole hog, I fully endorse it, but these guitars are great too...hope you enjoy it!!!

It´s a streamliner, the more affordable, but really nice line. I like it :)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Let's not forget my Lambo Orange Charvel too.

:love:

With inflation so high, I am stuck doing "rerun" pictures. 8|

I think that's my Fav of yours....really nice!! My actual fav colour is Orange, purple is second but you don;t see many orange guitars. I do like the Amber DK24 Charvel though....its another possibility...

• I think that's my Fav of yours....really nice!! My actual fav colour is Orange, purple is second but you don;t see many orange guitars. I do like the Amber DK24 Charvel though....its another possibility...

Schecter does it as well

[Blocked Image: https://www.musix.com/images/products/large/Schecter-Sun-Valley-Super-Shredder-FR-LOR-lambo-orange-192816.jpg]

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Thanks for all the inputs from you all. Truely some fab ideas and some ones that I will eventually go with no doubt, but....

I've pulled the trigger on a Charvel Purple Phaze....I knew where there were 2 for sale, 1 has sold, so started to panick that I'd miss the chance, so I've gone for it.

Messaged my wife, she will kill me....

I will post once the retro fitted trem is added....

• Hallelujah! Miracles can happen. Now we'll start working on your Orange Charvel.... :)

• If the worse happen we might see that guitar on your coffin.:saint: If so can I have the guitar after that?:whistling:

Ha!

So my message was basically " Sorry to ask by text but I want to buy a guitar and the one I want has come up second hand hence I want to jump on it, is that OK? Is £500..."

Her response was "Yes OK! But FFS!!!!".... She is fab!

• Ha!

So my message was basically " Sorry to ask by text but I want to buy a guitar and the one I want has come up second hand hence I want to jump on it, is that OK? Is £500..."

Her response was "Yes OK! But FFS!!!!".... She is fab!

Tell the truth, did you send her the note asking permission before or after you committed to the buy?

• Messaged my wife, she will kill me....

:whistling:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tell the truth, did you send her the note asking permission before or after you committed to the buy?

Honestly I sent the message before, but didn't get a response so ordered it. Technically I asked before but didn't get permission before I pulled the trigger..

In my defense it's a deposit and if she had a real issue with it, I could have pulled out....

When she got home and we went for a walk she said " so, this new guitar, why?" My response was quite pathetic....it went along the lines of " Erm...what can I say...I just fancied it... " She can see through any other BullS*#t so I don;t try to make up any cover stories!

She is ace!

Anyway, I will post pics when I get it and then pics after I've had the Gotoh Floyd fitted.

I also noticed that the trem version of the Purple Phase is not a DK24, its a 22 fret so I'm even happier as I wanted 24 frets - I had not noticed that!

Definitely worked out better...Im also going to put a Bareknuckle Holy Diver in the neck as well.

• its a 22 fret so I'm even happier as I wanted 24 frets - I had not noticed that!

You wanted 24 frets and are happier that the neck has 22 frets??? :/:wacko::huh:

If I want to buy a guitar my wife will ask me what guitar is it? Does it have a nice color? I do what I want to do with my money and she does the same. As long as we pay and share 50/50 for the bills, gas, food etc. I'm lucky.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• You wanted 24 frets and are happier that the neck has 22 frets??? :/:wacko::huh:

If I want to buy a guitar my wife will ask me what guitar is it? Does it have a nice color? I do what I want to do with my money and she does the same. As long as we pay and share 50/50 for the bills, gas, food etc. I'm lucky.

Sorry, I'm not being very clear :)

The Charvel Purple Phaze came in 2 variants - fixed bridge or with a Floyd. I thought that was the only difference but the fixed bridge is 24 and Floyd equipped 22 ( I thought they were both DK24's). Interestingly I watched a couple of reviews which referenced both but didn't mention they are actually different guitars with the same finish.

I had originally hoped to get a Floyd bridge one but couldn't find one on the premise it would avoid all the routing/remedial work. The only ones I could find second hand were fixed bridge, which is what I bought (24 fret).

My point was, this has turned out to be lucky (even though I'm having to retro fit a Floyd) because I just hadn't noticed the difference in the frets...so I could have bought a 22, luckily I bought a 24, but more by accident than design..

• A quick question: I've been offered a ridiculously good Deal on a Reverend Charger 290, almost new, and am about to pull the trigger. Anything speaking against it? Have no experience with this brand.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better