Show your latest guitar

• I know very little about synths BUT I loved so much of the 80's synth stuff ( Thomas Dolby, Vince Clark etc.) that this fills me with joy. Just looks so cool!!!

In another life I would have played synth...

• Same here :)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Another kind of "plug-ins" with modular ..... 8)

( And another rabbit hole to get lost in 8o )

A little Tangerine Dream-ish .......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().

• And now for something a little different. I got a Relish Mary (mine is not Walnut like in the linked video, but the rest is applicable)
    Click the picture to see an album with some close ups of the pickup selector, back, and pickup swapping system.

This is a real departure for me:
    25.59 inch scale length (650 mm) (usually I play 24.5-25 inch)

8.2 pounds (a little heavier than most of my guitars)
    Ghost Piezo pickup in the bridge (I haven't had one of these since I lost my Parker Fly in the mid-90s)

C profile neck (apparently somewhat like a Strat - I haven't had a Strat in maybe 10 years)
    Intriguing 17-position pickup selector (including switching to single coils). This is controlled by touch (not a physical blade switch).
    And finally an opportunity to explore how much difference the pickups make. (Quick take - not as much as I expected).

There were a few growing pains: The Line 6 G10 transmitter I use with my THRII 30 wireless is not compatible with the TRS output jack on the guitar, so this required an adapter cable, but my Sennheiser wireless systems work fine.
    It's taking a little time to get used to it and the touch activated pickup selector may be a challenge on stage. It's not like you can feel where you are with a toggle or blade switch. But now that I've set up the relief and intonation, I'm having a lot of fun.

• ST nice find. I’ve had a bit of a thing for those since first seeing them a few years back.

Not sure about the practicality of the pickup selector 😳

How much does it weigh?

Hey, Alan.

Thanks for weighing in (couldn't resist).

Weight

The Relish Mary weight 8.2 pounds. In the specs I've seen online I've seen 8.2 and 8.8. Mine is 8.2. (This info added to my post above).

I forgot to mention this, but the weight is a bit of an adjustment. I spend a lot of time with my hollow body PRS JA15 (6.1 pounds) so I was concerned about this before I got it. It's not bad. I play standing up most of the time. The guitar is slim, balances well, and rests close to the body. It's very comfortable.

Pickup Selector

I'm coming to think of the pickup selector like volume and tone controls (so, analog).

"Relative to what I hear now, what do I want to hear?"

or
    "I want more neck or I want more bridge."

or

"I want the neck to be single coil now."

This works better for me than thinking, "I need an 80/20 split neck to bridge."

With that more analog thinking, I can get what I want without having to pause, read the selector and move the little light to a precise position.

• Weight

The Relish Mary weight 8.2 pounds. In the specs I've seen online I've seen 8.2 and 8.8. Mine is 8.2. (This info added to my post above).

I forgot to mention this, but the weight is a bit of an adjustment. I spend a lot of time with my hollow body PRS JA15 (6.1 pounds) so I was concerned about this before I got it. It's not bad. I play standing up most of the time. The guitar is slim, balances well, and rests close to the body. It's very comfortable.

8.2 isn'y too bad. My main guitar these days is a PRS HBii and my other current fav is my Strandberg Boden (I had a Parker Fly prior to the Strindberg). All of which are super lite. All my other PRS are over 8 so I'm used to it but once you get used to holding something at 5 or 6 it makes you acutely aware of how heavy even a modest weight normal guitar is.

• 8.2 isn'y too bad. My main guitar these days is a PRS HBii and my other current fav is my Strandberg Boden (I had a Parker Fly prior to the Strindberg). All of which are super lite. All my other PRS are over 8 so I'm used to it but once you get used to holding something at 5 or 6 it makes you acutely aware of how heavy even a modest weight normal guitar is.

Wow - I just spent a few minutes on the Strandberg site. Those are stunning guitars - and some models at 5 pounds. Talk about an all-access pass. Of course, comparisons to the Steinbergers are inevitable. My GM 7SA weighs about 7 pounds. Didn't we have a conversation about that some time ago? I can't help but feel a twinge of "I wanna" as look at the Strandbergs.

The PRS HB II should be similar to the JA15.

Another guitar that gets a lot of play time here is the Santana MD. I just checked, and it weighs about the same as the Relish. So I don't know why the Relish felt different. Well, different is different, and sometimes it's hard to pin down why.

• I've wanted to try one of these... what fun!!!

• I'd love an 8 pound Les Paul... I have an '89 Standard that weighs a hair under 11 pounds! It sounds and plays like a beast so I don't mind the weight too much but there are definitely some days where after work where I'll grab an Eastman single cut instead just to save a few pounds hanging off the strap.

• ^^^ Those are the reasons I got this Chibson Custom -- about 4 years ago. Only 7lbs - 10oz and nice tone (plus double binding for under $800). But besides my bass, it's not the most comfortable to play. I stick mostly to my strats and dinkys.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• ^^^ Those are the reasons I got this Chibson Custom -- about 4 years ago. Only 7lbs - 10oz and nice tone (plus double binding for under $800). But besides my bass, it's not the most comfortable to play. I stick mostly to my strats and dinkys.

But the biggest plus is that the Epiphany doesn't have a 17 degree break angle with no scarf joint. Therefore, the head and neck are much more likely to remain connected to each other.

I've been trying a couple of gibsons thru the years in music shops and everytime....no. They're not comfortable for my small sausage fingers.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau