Show your latest guitar

• 2007 Dean Soltero SL, made in Japan. This thing is a beast. Craftsmanship and finish are at the same level of my core PRSs, 1 piece mahogany body with 2cm carved flame maple top. Pickups are on the hot PAF side but extremely defined. This is a closet queen that have been sleeping in a Shop for the past 15 years. Price was 3.5k, got it for 1.1k :).

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/vc00Utb.jpeg]

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Ohhh nice!!!

Thanx ! ;)

Just a precision ; i'm not a shredder at all.

I have many guitars (i know some have much more :) ) ; a Fender Strat (but there's only 21 frets and i need another one for some solos). A SG i like , a Mickael Kelly Lespaul style (i changed the pickups :thumbup:<3, but it's not my cup of tea for playing standing up), a charvel DK24 but don't like the sound....

I tried it at midday and i really prefer the sound of this beauty, it'll bring me the playability i'm looking for + the versatility i want....

The disadvantage is that the look is not consistent with songs we cover (but it can do it easily in term of sound), i won't stay discreet and people will think i'm a super player that i'm far from being...?(

• TBH although I like widdly guitars ( I wouldn't class myself as a shredder, I'm too clumsy for that), I always found Ibanez guitars much thinner sounding so its great you like the sound as I think it looks fantastic!

Given I have flashy guitars ( a pink showmaster, a gold John 5 tele, a custom Rob Williams with LED's in the neck, a Gretsch White Falcon etc.), the look of the guitar is ace :). Play it with pride, I for one would be at the front of the stage cheering you on, even if you were in a blues or jazz band!!!!

Let out your inner hair metal out!!!

ROCK!!!!

• I have a Steinberger Spirit MIK. I hated the EMG Hi Z's so i replaced them with two Seymour Duncan humbuckers. Much better. Now it's a serious guitar, full Fender scale, 24 frets. Good sustain all over the neck, good fretwork. You have to get used to the small body and the neck sticking out further than usual. I bought it used including an adapter for normal strings. The double ball end strings are expensive. I ordered a Warwick Rockbag from Thomann, the original gigbag is paper thin.

• Work Day - how I relax

The first Cordoba I got had a few high frets. Musicians Friend sent another. It too had a few issues, sharp fret ends, few high frets. Tuners were not even close to being smooth.

For the price I paid for these, I decide to keep both, and put the work in. Work I have done many times before.

I leveled the frets with a StewMac fret kisser, then polished all the frets to a mirror finish. Then treated the fretboard which was dry as dust

Both now sound awesome.

• I was given this 2005 Schecter C-1 Exotic Diamond Series by my church. It had been donated and was sitting in storage. All it needed was one (1) pickup height adjustment screw. The spring for it was stuck to the pickup!

The pots work fine, aren't scratchy and the frets have barely any wear. All it needed was a cleaning, tighten the tuners (which are genuine Grovers) and put a set of strings on it. The neck didn't even need an adjustment after it settled!

I'm going to use it as a loaner to students that need something. Like an 11-year old playing a full-size dreadnought acoustic with super-short, narrow frets. It's not the worst guitar I've ever played....but for a true beginner? Torture.

I I

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Years ago, Professor Einstein came here for a conference.

We still have a blackboard hereabouts he filled with a simplified version of one of of his equations.

The security for his visit was very tight, so as the conference progressed during the evenings, the small group of attendees would gather together and create their own private entertainment.

One of the attendees was a former correspondent with me, an excellent musician and a brilliant man in his field which was astronomy, of which he was one of the world’s very top authorities.

His knowledge was so great in his particular field that he provided NASA with detailed maps of the moons surface, to facilitate and enable the safe landing of the Apollo 11 spacecraft as it arrived on the Moon.

His name was Patrick Moore and for decades he appeared on BBC TV in the U.K. on his programme The Sky at Night. He became great pals with Brian May (another musician) who shared a similar interest in astronomy.

Anyway, during the get together at this reception. Professor Einstein chose to perform for everyone with his violin. The thing was, he needed an accompanist, so Patrick accompanied him on the Piano. I gained the impression the group rather pushed Professor Einstein into performing as he had his violin with him, and he chose to play Saint-Saens' Swan.

Perhaps he thought he wouldn’t need to play it if they didn’t have an accompanist. He may have played some Mozart and Bach too, as he liked those composers work, but I really only can be sure about the Saint- Saens' piece.

So Patrick came to the rescue on the Piano, though he actually played a number of instruments well. Somewhere, I had a picture of Professor Einstein with his violin and also one of Patrick sat at the Piano.

Goodness knows where it is these days. But I’ll upload the blackboard for you to scrutinise below.

That’s a completely true story and by all accounts.

Professor Einstein was an excellent violinist.