Show your latest guitar

• Every guitar I buy that is American made has major issues. But my cheapo guitars are perfect. Last time I ever buy an American Made Guitar. Only foreign pics from me in the future :P

Putting this quote to the test right away ... was looking for a new neck for my $99 Bullet. About $60 was the cheapest on Amazon.

Found this WHOLE guitar on Monoprice for $94 so I rolled the bones:wacko: Has not shown up yet. Between the two I hope to get a working guitar. They had a Tele style that was much cheaper but I liked the full black look on this one and it will match the SD Hot Rails pickup in my Bullet.

Pray for me guys!

• We will:saint:

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• In my younger days I would have loved the inexpensive quality you can get now for $100 and I would have experimented and modded the crap out of them. But at this point in my playing journey I'm not interested in "pretty good for the price", I want "perfect". But that's my character flaw - which my wife is happy to confirm. My playing is better and more enjoyable with a high quality instrument so I want to play more. I just haven't been able to mod the cheap ones enough to get there.

Some of the Epis and Squires are really pretty good. The modern CNC manufacturing is very accurate and repeatable. But they skimp on hardware, electronics and wood so you want to upgrade. But upgrading to better bridges, pickups and electronics can get expensive and, as I've learned the hard way, Fender and Squire parts are not interchangeable so the job usually requires routing.

It's been great to see how the quality/price ratio of foreign builds has improved so much. In the $500-$1000 range you can get top quality exceeding that of legacy American brands costing 2x or more. That puts high quality in the hands of many that could not afford it before. But I still find the $100- ~$400 range too limiting - unless you're in a Who tribute band, in which case, you need to stock up.

More power to you and good luck.

• But upgrading to better bridges, pickups and electronics can get expensive and, as I've learned the hard way, Fender and Squire parts are not interchangeable so the job usually requires routing.

I personally will never buy another Fender product ever. My Bullet was the only Fender I ever liked. My American Strat is heavy, sounds bad, has meh pickups, bridge, fret material, etc, etc.

Swapping out a pickup takes a few minutes for sure, but it beats the hell out of replacing all of the frets on a neck. So I am going to stick with the $50 - $200 range guitars from now on.

Unless I all of a sudden get good at refretting. I tore the frets of my Bullet and the wood was pretty much destroyed in the process. I put a few frets on it and then quit. For $100 I can just get another one. Zero time investment and I have spare parts.

• It's been great to see how the quality/price ratio of foreign builds has improved so much. In the $500-$1000 range you can get top quality exceeding that of legacy American brands costing 2x or more.

Bought this great yamaha rss20 for 800€ a few days ago.

And it confirmed what you said exactly.

• It's been great to see how the quality/price ratio of foreign builds has improved so much. In the $500-$1000 range you can get top quality exceeding that of legacy American brands costing 2x or more.

Every 10% more than average costs 1.000 € or $. Thats the way. X/
    For that reason I shot a cheap Gibson Standart in better times (quality) of 2007.
    All my other guitars are Japanese. There is the average price round about 1.200 € less and the quality is basically on a very good level.

Ok, I have to be careful that these used guitars are offered cheaply. Because I have to pay additional import duty.

But so far my purchases have absolutely paid off with this approach.

:thumbup:

• yes yes.. Im so lucky to wake up every morning with a view like this.

The gtr sounds "meh" .. the neck dive is such a pain i.t.a. (I'm not used to it) ant to set up "decently" a floyd for the first time took me 2 hours.

At least I'm happy the neck is still glued right and everything works fine, and it's funny for dive bombs.

There's something strange with PU: I measure 9.49 and 9.88 kohm but they don't seems to push harder than others ( 7.5-8 ) I generllay use. They sound a bit muddy but hey .. a pair of seymour duncan cost more than the whole guitar.

• I can tell you how to set up a Floyd (or any other floating trem in 5 minutes) if you want. It’s not immediately obvious but is totally dead simple.

P.S. it also works when changing string gauges on an existing guitar.