Show your latest guitar

• Sorry but I've never understood the point of having more of the same guitar. But hey that's me and I accept and understand everyone is different. I've never understood what's the point with pickguard on Gibsons? So ugly if you ask me. Enough of my rant now. :)

It is not the way I do, I've Never bought somethig to re-sell and get extra cash, but a Lot of people do like this.

Actually, seeing current evauation of those Collector's Choice, If I had bought all 4 of them and would have sold 3 nowdays, the one I have would have been for free. So I see why somebody do like this. Investment and profit.

Back to the guitar, I got the 2nd from left, and I TOTALLY Agree ! No pickguard at all! (and straplocks as always here)

Cheers.

• Personnaly I'm one of those who prefer a LesPaul with its pickguard. But, to each its own!

Whilst most views on looks are subjective, in this case you are just wrong :). How can you agree to hide that beautiful flame with white plastic?

I am of course joking , its funny how we all prefer different stuff :).

• Personnaly I'm one of those who prefer a LesPaul with its pickguard. But, to each its own!

Yes, sure, just personal preferences, but from my point of wiew it's a pity to have 2 holes drilled in the top and the side.

I love when Gibson do Not mount the pickguard and gives you anyway.

• Whilst most views on looks are subjective, in this case you are just wrong :). How can you agree to hide that beautiful flame with white plastic?

I am of course joking , its funny how we all prefer different stuff :).

To confuse the matter further:

For typical bursts I prefer the pickguard.

For all black or heavily figured wood like this, I prefer without it.

:D

• Yes, sure, just personal preferences, but from my point of wiew it's a pity to have 2 holes drilled in the top and the side.

I love when Gibson do Not mount the pickguard and gives you anyway.

I'm not a fan of Les Pauls, I think they are often very overated ( Yes I know I have one in my Avatar :) ) but there are exceptions and yours is defo one of them.

Love it!

For some reason I quite like the drill holes as well, gives it that personal touch/customization look....I think if I had the choice I'd probably have them ( I know, I'm just weird)...

• I start feeling like Britney...:D

Am Pro II....couldn't resist

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/wLGlhlU.jpg]

This guitar is the first modern Strat that ticks all the cases for me (neck, sound, feel). The only negative that I have is about the factory setup. On a US guitar in this price range I would have expected a "standard" setup, maybe not of my liking but correct.....it was a desaster: Neck relief was over 3mm (nonsense), the trem was angled at 10 degrees and the pups where at 3 different heights with the bass side angled up. Not a biggie, I fixed all in 1/2 hour, but for 1.8k€....wth?!

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I prefer having the pickguard it on, I think mine looks naked without it. .My 2017 LP Std HP pickguard snaps on - no screw holes. Quite secure when on. Can be removed in half a second if the crowd disapproves. Yes, the robotuners were the first thing to go and replaced with locking Grovers, everything else is perfect for me. Especially like the shaved heal when my short little fingers reach for my phantom 26th fret.

• On a US guitar in this price range I would have expected a "standard" setup, maybe not of my liking but correct.....it was a desaster: Neck relief was over 3mm (nonsense), the trem was angled at 10 degrees and the pups where at 3 different heights with the bass side angled up. Not a biggie, I fixed all in 1/2 hour, but for 1.8k€....wth?!

I've bought a Lucille, second hand, from a recording studio in Milan.

Get phone contact with the boss to go and check the guitar directly, considering it's not so far away from me.

I thought "cool, finally I'll go and try a guitar in a good situation, with good amps and acoustic treatmemt. Fine" and actually it was like that: Really nice studio with also an original AC30 and a Twin.

But the guitar was litterally a Mess! It had semi-new strings and it was tuned ok but was really Dirty as hell and totally unplayable to me. Embaracing high action, neck pu super low and bridge super high, truss rod almost totally out.. he let me do a quick set up and, yes, has been a long afternoon but I'm super happy now with this guitar. Since 3 years now. :)

• Since we are on about Les Pauls, here is my pride and joy Les Paul Traditional.

Wanted a Les Paul as a kid. All my favorite players had one. Used to walk by a music store every day on the way to school and stare at them thru the window while I ate my breakfast donuts.

Only guitar I ever really "had" to have. So I finally bought one years ago and put it in its case and never play it. Pulled it out today just for you guys.

• ...put it in its case and never play it.

I did that sometimes in the past with my gems. But hey, play it! The guitar deserves it and you as well. Case queens might be interesting for collectors who can afford it. You should play that beauty, otherwise you'll regret it some day. I'm so happy even with some dings and dongs on my mostly played gems. The first scratch hurts... afterwards it gets better and you'll be more relaxed grabbing it :thumbup:8)