Show your latest guitar

• Stainless Steel fret job (the most expensive variant) cost 250$...not 1000$

Got a quote back from Levinson Music. It appear the $250 fret job doesn't exist.

Quote:

Unfortunately I do not make refrets with stainless steel frets. I did it once or twice but it destroyed my fretting tools, so I stopped doing it.
    But of course we offer refrets with Dunlop fretwire in different sizes.
    A Refret on a Les Paul with Binding or filled fret slots on the side costs CHF 556.- plus a set of strings. Full Set-up included. You will loose the Binding nibs on the fret ends.
    Some Les Paul Models (Studio and Junior) might have non filled slots and the fret tang is visible. There less work is needed and the price is lower, that means CHF 490.- plus a set of strings, incl. full Set-up.

• It definitely does exist but maybe not going to main dealers with multiple levels of markup. Go direct ti a local luthier and cut out all the middlemen.

• My local luthiers charge $450 to $500.

The $250 comment was related the claim that a SS refret could be had at Levinson. I got a quote so that I could take advantage of that price. But it turns out not to be reality. :(

• My local luthiers charge $450 to $500.

The $250 comment was related the claim that a SS refret could be had at Levinson. I got a quote so that I could take advantage of that price. But it turns out not to be reality. :(

wow. Life is expensive in your neck of the woods. We need to start charging more 🤣

• I almost got a new guitar today. I was just $20,000 - $40,000 short. You can totally forget the Gibson lineup. I'd rather have a new Corvette. 8| Dallas Guitar Festival.

Still waiting for my 'significantly less' G&L Tele to come in. It's been 7 months so far. X/

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I almost got a new guitar today. I was just $20,000 - $40,000 short. You can totally forget the Gibson lineup. I'd rather have a new Corvette. 8| Dallas Guitar Festival.

Still waiting for my 'significantly less' G&L Tele to come in. It's been 7 months so far. X/

So silly prices for guitars. Just trow on the brand name and suddenly you have prices like that. It's still just wood, pickups. bridge, nut, frets and simple electronic like a 800$ guitar. Like you I'd rather buy a car for prices like that.:D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• The bridge was not shaped to my liking, so I did my magic on it. Made a difference in the unplugged tone. Sounded a little thin before I did this. I took a lot of meat out of that center area. Time well spent...the Stewmac tool made it a lot quicker than me doing it by eye and feel.

Time well spent.

• Just picked up this mid-late 2000's Fender Japan Tele for a very good price. Its pretty unloved with missing screws, fair few dings and electrics all very dodgy but i got it with plans for fairly extensive modifications, neck is sublime. Already ordered pretty well all replacement parts aside from body ,neck and pickguard! Gotoh 6 saddle bridge, Gotoh locking vintage tuners, Black Gotoh control plate, all new screws and a set of EMG's are due anytime.

• yep, really no magic there

Yeah, won't make you play or sound any better but I dig old stuff. Like touching it, like playing it, like wondering about it's story. I also restore old vintage radios and amps. To me they're time machines, that's where the magic is.. Wouldn't spend that kind of money though. Luckily, stuff I bought when younger and held onto is now vintage....just like me.

• Just picked up this mid-late 2000's Fender Japan Tele for a very good price. Its pretty unloved with missing screws, fair few dings and electrics all very dodgy but i got it with plans for fairly extensive modifications, neck is sublime. Already ordered pretty well all replacement parts aside from body ,neck and pickguard! Gotoh 6 saddle bridge, Gotoh locking vintage tuners, Black Gotoh control plate, all new screws and a set of EMG's are due anytime.

As a Tele fan, gotta say.....love it!!

• no, not my lastest guitar, nor my next but looks intersting. Just seen this video

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.