Kemper OS 4 - Seamless ToneTravelling

• OT: It's easier than most people think. I can explain my way of thinking via PM or in a separate thread if needed.

This would be appreciated!

Though I understood the concept and have different teaching materials, I still work on getting this into my playing. So any approach is welcome :thumbup:

Think it deserves an own thread, since this will probably adress more people here. Maybe there should be a subforum dedicated to guitar techniques, which could also feature suggestions on how to set the KPA for e.g. sweeping, tapping, ...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• playing the correct scales and establishing a mode are two different things.

Of course these are two different things! From what Fireloogie wrote I couldn't tell what the problem exactly is so I thought it is the theoretical side. But it isn't (as he wrote he understood the concept).
    What I can offer is explaining the theoretical side.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Tips and Tricks subforum, that's what it's there for, even though people often will post questions there, instead of statements... ;)

A question might result in learning a trick ;) . All right, Tips & Tricks is the place for that. Thx for the info Don.

@ Kempermaniac: Still appreciated nevertheless!

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• ^^^a user posted this particular line.
    I guess you have to witness the Morph feature first hand to really get the scope of it.
    Least of all, it can give you a very customized boosted sound variation. Not just more gain, but affecting Definition, Clarity, Amp Compression, Direct Mix, plus fx Mix values etc. - you can blend between a Phaser and a Flanger, or two Tremolos with different speeds etc.
    It is a very 'open' feature that can be used in any number of ways and thanks to it's very quick and intuitive implementation it is a lot of fun to use, too. :)

Excuse me boss but i m not agree with you:

We use the kemper because it s a réal "picture " of the sound (99,9% the same) BUT if you change a parameter, it s the kemper who changes the sound to obtain something different. But the kemper cannot imitate the behaviour of an amp. So we are coming from a 99,9% real sound to an artifical sound (try a clean mesa recto, change the gain from 1 to 10 and the new sound isn't the same that a rig of a mesa with a big gain...)

Morphing is cool if it works with 2 différents rigs, not with one rig.

• Sounds great!

It was stated somewhere:
    First new delays then new (Spring) Reverbs

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Excuse me boss but i m not agree with you:

seriously, just Don will be fine ;)

We use the kemper because it s a réal "picture " of the sound (99,9% the same) BUT if you change a parameter, it s the kemper who changes the sound to obtain something different. But the kemper cannot imitate the behaviour of an amp. So we are coming from a 99,9% real sound to an artifical sound

a profile is an authentic representation of a tube amp, true - but the Profiler can in many ways go further and influence this tone in ways that are well beyond a tube amp. Clean Sense, Amp Compression, Definition, Clarity, Sag, Tube Shape, Pick etc.
    by your logic, these and other features/parameters shouldn't be available, simply because the source amp isn't capable of doing these things.
    Why should a forward thinking device like the Profile limit itself because of the limitations of much older tech?

(try a clean mesa recto, change the gain from 1 to 10 and the new sound isn't the same that a rig of a mesa with a big gain...)

The gain in the Profiler is completely tone neutral, thereby enabling you to get the tone of a gain sweet spot of an amp at any gain setting. Your example is also really extreme. Take a crunchy profile and turn up the gain, works beautifully.

Morphing is cool if it works with 2 différents rigs, not with one rig.

with all due respect, since you haven't experienced the Morph feature first hand, maybe you shoudn't dismiss it so quickly.

• I see that morphing can change parameters in an effect that's already on, but what about having stomps turn on/off as part of the morph and how would that work with the in-between settings? I'm particularly thinking of the gain stomps. I can see this eliminating the need for solo boost performance slots.

Couldnt you have the effect on and mix at zero, so then its off in this state and then morph the mix up. ?? Just thinking out loud

• I am still not sure, if yesterday was my birthday, but I will happily try this feature to get my solo sound of the normal sound...
    But did I get it right: it is NOT possible to turn on delay during morphing?
    So one should use tricks like delay with 0 time and repetitions to the desired values?

Edit... Sorry same things two posts up...

• I am still not sure, if yesterday was my birthday, but I will happily try this feature to get my solo sound of the normal sound...
    But did I get it right: it is NOT possible to turn on delay during morphing?
    So one should use tricks like delay with 0 time and repetitions to the desired values?

Edit... Sorry same things two posts up...

just set Mix to 0% in one of the morph states. ;)

• If you don't want to add gain, You could use Morph to REMOVE gain at the heel position.

• just set Mix to 0% in one of the morph states.

Exciting stuff, Don, can't wait to try it! Question for you if you don't mind: if you select a new rig in performance mode that has morphing already, does the immediate sound heard go to heel or toe position before you ever move the pedal? Important consideration for live playing. Thanks.

Gary ô¿ô