Kemper OS 4 - Seamless ToneTravelling

• @DonPetersen, I'm really excited to see its potential. The amp side seems very clear (we save one slot for the boost, one for the eq, one for the post stack boost, or we save a whole performance slot), but i'm really courious to see how it works on the FX side.
    In you opinion, what would unleash the morphing at its full potential, a switch on the remote or an expression pedal?

pedal, no contest. :)
    morphing from one tone/setting to the other is cool, but having full, intuitive control over a morph with a pedal, something you could use rhythmically like a wah pedal, controlling any number of parameters simultaneously - now that's just amazing. :D

• I see that morphing can change parameters in an effect that's already on, but what about having stomps turn on/off as part of the morph and how would that work with the in-between settings? I'm particularly thinking of the gain stomps. I can see this eliminating the need for solo boost performance slots.

• I see that morphing can change parameters in an effect that's already on, but what about having stomps turn on/off as part of the morph and how would that work with the in-between settings? I'm particularly thinking of the gain stomps. I can see this eliminating the need for solo boost performance slots.

I was just writing this for asking the same question.

Sound Engineer, Musician, Animal Rights Activist.

Fender '89 Clapton Strat, EMG DG20, KPA, Martin, SSL, Neve, Manley, Tube-Tech, Millennia, API, Lynx, RME, Avid, Apple, Adam...

My guess is you would need the boost inserted and turned on in both patches. Turn the boost level to zero in the low gain version and to your preferred max level in the other. Now you can morph between the two sounds with no discontinuity.

• But the Green Screamer even with the boost at 0 is still pretty gainy, not like having the module off. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah - I was thinking about that but I can't see any way you wouldn't get a loud 'thunk" when a plugin with some inherent signal gain - even at zero drive - kicked in during the morph.

• But the Green Screamer even with the boost at 0 is still pretty gainy, not like having the module off. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

I spoke with CK about that today. He said that they have addressed some control issues with the screamer....not sure exactly which though.

• Yeah - I was thinking about that but I can't see any way you wouldn't get a loud 'thunk" when a plugin with some inherent signal gain - even at zero drive - kicked in during the morph.

Remember, it's a morph, with a fade-in and fade out - not, unless you wanted it to be, an "on- off"/either-or control. So, there shouldn't be a "thunk".

• Remember, it's a morph, with a fade-in and fade out - not, unless you wanted it to be, an "on- off"/either-or control. So, there shouldn't be a "thunk".

Well - I guess they could introduce an extra parameter - a "mix" parameter - for any plugin like this. At zero it would not effect the mix and at full scale it would be like it is with normal insertion - ie 100%. Then you get smoothing even without using what I first suggested - which was morphing between two settings of the same active plugin.

• Remember, it's a morph, with a fade-in and fade out - not, unless you wanted it to be, an "on- off"/either-or control. So, there shouldn't be a "thunk".

actually, a 'fade in/fade out'-scenario would be a 'blend'.
    This is a true parameter morph, where the values of two states are continously changing from A to B.

hth

• This is absolutely beautiful. I can see myself playing at night for hours with this shimmer reverb as a background and going smoothly into violin-like distortion to let my Strat sing over the chords...

And this will also help for learning the modes :D !

Thx for a very cool new feature :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...