Kemper OS 4 - Seamless ToneTravelling

• I think he meant it doesn't mess with the distortion

Yes, I was a little unclear on Don's comment. The reference manual states it well; "When you place it in front of the amp or a distortion stomp, the Pure Booster has the same effect as the gain or drive control; placed after the Stack Section, the Pure Booster becomes a simple volume control, with no further coloration of the signal."

I place the pure booster post stack so that it will NOT effect the gain, just volume.

Gary ô¿ô

• Besides the morphing, which I will not use (don't even use an external pedal) what do we have with 4.0, a short summary if you will?
    Sorry, I don't feel like digging through 16 pages.

Realerverb, Game Change Delays. :thumbup: Maybe Pure Quantum Cab? (assignable to each rig?)

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• @don What happens when you leave the ex ped in toe position if you have two rigs with morph enabled and you switch between them? What will the state of the second rige be?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

• @don What happens when you leave the ex ped in toe position if you have two rigs with morph enabled and you switch between them? What will the state of the second rige be?

I read somewhere, but not 100% sure, that the default position is heel when switching until you move the pedal of course.

I read somewhere, but not 100% sure, that the default position is heel when switching until you move the pedal of course.

That's right..

• That's right..

Correct, that's what Don has said. You've probably already got to play with this Ingolf, you dog you! So is it at all awkward moving the pedal to heel position (if you were in a rig at toe position) so you don't instantly go full morphing, or you just time backing the pedal in a lull?

Gary ô¿ô

• I think I read somewhere that the pedal has to be returned fully to heel before the morphing tracks to the pedal again, meaning no awkward jumps in variables. Pretty smart.

Indeed, that is wicked smart, and just another example how thoughtful C. Kemper and his crack team of engineers and software technicians are. They really think about this stuff, and sweat the details. I am so excited for v4.0.

• I think I read somewhere that the pedal has to be returned fully to heel before the morphing tracks to the pedal again, meaning no awkward jumps in variables. Pretty smart.

Oh I hope you're right, that would be the smart way, and we all know Kemper Team to be pretty darn smart. Eagerly awaiting...

Gary ô¿ô

• The way I understood it, it's a little more complicated, but no less smart.

If you switch to another rig, regardless of the physical pedal's position, the new rig will be loaded in its "unmorphed" state, which corresponds to heel position. Now you have two options:

• Move the physical pedal toward the heel position. While moving it in that direction, nothing will happen (as the profile is already in its "heelmost" state) -- like you guys already stated.
    • Move the physical pedal toward the toe position. In this case, the profile will start morphing, but the morphing range will be "scaled" so that the entire sweep (from unmorphed to fully morphed) occurs between the original intermediate position and the toe position.

Once your physical pedal has hit either heel or toe position, morphing will be normal again. The result is, of course, a seamless transition in both directions.

This, at least, is how I understood Don's post.

• Yeah, I read that too and was kinda scratching my head thinking... [sorry for being so blunt] "that'd be really dumb!"

To summarize, when you switch to a new rig, the current pedal position becomes the new toe position. So if you have the sweep position at 20% when you enter a rig, you essentially lose 80% of your pedal sweep. I can't see how that would make any sense whatsoever.

Hoping Kemper can clarify the behavior.

• Yeah, I read that too and was kinda scratching my head thinking... [sorry for being so blunt] "that'd be really dumb!"

To summarize, when you switch to a new rig, the current pedal position becomes the new toe position. So if you have the sweep position at 20% when you enter a rig, you essentially lose 80% of your pedal sweep. I can't see how that would make any sense whatsoever.

Hoping Kemper can clarify the behavior.

You got it backwards. When you switch a Rig, the current pedal position is the new heel position. If you pull back the pedal to heel, no harm, no foul, no morph, until you sweep the pedal towards toe again. If you instead increase to toe, the morphing-to-pedal ratio is increased, as you have reduced the travel to reach the maximum toe position. Makes perfect sense to me!

• You got it backwards. When you switch a Rig, the current pedal position is the new heel position. If you pull back the pedal to heel, no harm, no foul, no morph, until you sweep the pedal towards toe again. If you instead increase to toe, the morphing-to-pedal ratio is increased, as you have reduced the travel to reach the maximum toe position. Makes perfect sense to me!

Okay, so I was reading it wrong. The way I was reading it, was that when entering a rig the Kemper "saved" the intermediate pedal position as the new fully ON (i.e. toe) position, thus reducing your sweep.

But it makes sense to me now... upon entering a rig, your range is a reduced ranged in the forward direction (i.e. from the intermediate position to the toe) but once you return to heel, you have the full range available.