Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics

• I was also at NAMM yesterday and put all of the new features through their paces.
    The team has done a remarkable job, the delays sound amazing!

i wasn't really thrilled at first with the morph function, but Burkhard took the time to fully explain and…

Yes!!! I totally agree! I'm still thinking about all those delays haha! They've added some really fantastic options and new delay sounds I hadn't heard before like the harmonic ones with the different pitches. Tempted to go by the booth again today just to hear them again haha.

And I also felt the same way as you at first about the morphing feature, but now after talking with them and getting the whole run down as you described, I'm pretty excited about the possibilities and can't wait to spend time exploring the morph function. Everyone at the Kemper booth was super cool and helpful and happy to take their time and explain stuff. It's really is a nice feeling to purchase a product and not only have it supported with ongoing software upgrades, but also with enthusiastic and passionate employees too. Some fine folks there at Kemper!

• Looks and sound like christmas has come 11 months early for all us KPA users, roll on Feb :)

Thanks for sharing the pics :)

I honestly think you could see it as Christmas 1,5 months late. I have to say that I haven't been impressed by the amount of updates Kemper does. There are small things that seem like easy fixes that have been asked for since before I got my Kemper that still haven't been done and we have no idea wether or not they will actually come, much like the Strobe tuner that now seems to be coming. I'm happy with the sounds I'm getting for sure and I like it when there are updates, but I can't say I'm ever expecting something and I wouldn't say the updates are frequent.

• Great post. I am one of those who is completely happy with the KPA as it exists now, so all these new features are like a cherry on top of an amazing ice cream sundae. The morphing feature will be such a fantastic and powerful tool for live performances. No more foot ballet on a pedal board to engage/disengage multiple effects during a song. Not only can multiple FX and tone changes be seamlessly blended with a single, continuous control pedal (or even a switch)...the changes can be programmed to initiate after a preset time duration, freeing up the guitarist from their pedal board. All of this, without requiring complicated editing or programming of Midi commands.

Kemper GmbH is a shining example of how a company can foster an enduring relationship with their customers. Instead of treating their customers as a means to an end, and a resource to be exploited for short term gains...Kemper GmbH operates under the principle and philosophy that the company/customer relationship is a valued partnership. This is a rare quality is today's day and age.

• I honestly think you could see it as Christmas 1,5 months late. I have to say that I haven't been impressed by the amount of updates Kemper does. There are small things that seem like easy fixes that have been asked for since before I got my Kemper that still haven't been done and we have no idea wether or not they will actually come, much like the Strobe tuner that now seems to be coming. I'm happy with the sounds I'm getting for sure and I like it when there are updates, but I can't say I'm ever expecting something and I wouldn't say the updates are frequent.

Yeah, I partly agree - new features aren't added very frequently. But I actually like that! Not that I don't want features (even though I don't need them, personally), but it speaks to me of a company that wants to get the stuff RIGHT, and is not forced to put out half-baked ideas to either attract new customers, or to reach hard deadlines necessitated by advertising features before they are ready to "go public" with them. It's not the most modern way to do business - but it's a way that I appreciate!

• I think the big part for me is that the Kemper isn't as complete as other units are in a sense and I'd expect them, since they have no plans to release a new unit, to try and make up for that. You wouldn't hear me complaining about updates for a unit that has a reverse delay, for instance. Or that has a spring reverb. Or if the pitch effects weren't utter garbage in my opinion.

And I wouldn't mind paying for those features either, if I had them a year ago.

• I think the big part for me is that the Kemper isn't as complete as other units are in a sense and I'd expect them, since they have no plans to release a new unit, to try and make up for that. You wouldn't hear me complaining about updates for a unit that has a reverse delay, for instance. Or that has a spring reverb. Or if the pitch effects weren't utter garbage in my opinion.

So, you are that one person who actually uses reverse delay? I was wondering who this phantom guitarist was. I thought this was a mythical figure of legend...like a unicorn.

-- just kidding with you. ;)

• ....since they have no plans to release a new unit...

I am 110% glad they don't produce a new unit. As soon as a new unit or form function is produced the price of the existing falls out the bottom. Look at all the other companies changing rather than just updating. The original Axe Fx near $2000.00 new.....changed now under $1000.00. The Kemper has maintained the original design and upgraded internal functionality as they are tested without changing the original form and the used value is still what I paid new over 2 years ago. I'll take that and the free upgrades everyday of the week with a smile.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I am 110% glad they don't produce a new unit. As soon as a new unit or form function is produced the price of the existing falls out the bottom. Look at all the other companies changing rather than just updating. The original Axe Fx near $2000.00 new.....changed now under $1000.00. The Kemper has maintained the original design and upgraded internal functionality as they are tested without changing the original form and the used value is still what I paid new over 2 years ago. I'll take that and the free upgrades everyday of the week with a smile.

I think if they made a floor board all in one kemper I would be happy with that, but at this rate the product is awesome. They just keep updating it and making it better. It can't get any better with amp profiling.

Here https://www.eventideaudio.com/…eo-effect-processor/h7600
    You can have it in a week and you could pay for it a year ago. Stick it in your rack, hook up 4 cables to kemper fx loop and voila.. it even has an editor :)

I've heard CK is working on a new unit which will run on a phone, cost £4.99, sound like Kemper amp, have Eventide quality FX and free updates until 2025 every week.

• So even at a day with great news and a lot of promising new features, someone has to spill out his negativity and turn this "new kemper stuff" - thread into a "what is not there" discussion. I call that spamming.

@Laurens Man, suck it up!

If "the Kemper isn't as complete as other units are" sell your broken toy and get yourself a more complete piece of euqipment.
    If you simply enjoy complaining about what's missing, find a suitable thread - enough of them around already - or start one yourself.
    This one is about what is about to come - and not about what might still be missing (for some)!

90% of the game is half-mental.