Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics

• It would be great if they added an XLR pre in front with Ohm settings for a microphone and then a separate hardware compressor with a VU meter that has Thunderbolt connectivity and is compatible with ALL the DAWs in SOS.

Wouldn't that be great? Plus they could include Waves Diamond bundle, a free iLok, KPA USB stick for transfers (must be green) and a one night Bed & Breakfast "Thank You For Buying Our Measly Product" on the Isthmus of the Saugerties Lighthouse on the Hudson estuary.

Hold on, I think someones trying to wake me up...

• It would be great if they added an XLR pre in front with Ohm settings for a microphone and then a separate hardware compressor with a VU meter that has Thunderbolt connectivity and is compatible with ALL the DAWs in SOS.

Wouldn't that be great? Plus they could include Waves Diamond bundle, a free iLok, KPA USB stick for transfers (must be green) and a one night Bed & Breakfast "Thank You For Buying Our Measly Product" on the Isthmus of the Saugerties Lighthouse on the Hudson estuary.

Hold on, I think someones trying to wake me up...

NOW THATS HILARIOUS :)

• I am 110% glad they don't produce a new unit. As soon as a new unit or form function is produced the price of the existing falls out the bottom. Look at all the other companies changing rather than just updating. The original Axe Fx near $2000.00 new.....changed now under $1000.00. The Kemper has maintained the original design and upgraded internal functionality as they are tested without changing the original form and the used value is still what I paid new over 2 years ago. I'll take that and the free upgrades everyday of the week with a smile.

Of course it's good they don't plan on releasing a new unit. However, I don't care about second hand value. My profiles won't suddenly sound bad if a newer Kemper would be released and I don't plan on selling it anyway. Also, I don't know what you paid new - and I don't really care either - but I'm not getting back what I paid new should I ever want to sell it.

i thought kemper is a profiling amp, not a kemper effects

The profile is the main aspect, yes. I'd say they nailed it. They decided to add effects, I can't help there's a lot of stuff that's not available or doesn't perform as well as I'd like to expect.

Here https://www.eventideaudio.com/…eo-effect-processor/h7600
    You can have it in a week and you could pay for it a year ago. Stick it in your rack, hook up 4 cables to kemper fx loop and voila.. it even has an editor :)

I've heard CK is working on a new unit which will run on a phone, cost £4.99, sound like Kemper amp, have Eventide quality FX and free updates until 2025 every week.

The Kemper for me is about light weight travelling and having it all in one unit. No need to make fun of a simple remark and come with a link to a unit that costs three times what a Kemper costs.

So even at a day with great news and a lot of promising new features, someone has to spill out his negativity and turn this "new kemper stuff" - thread into a "what is not there" discussion. I call that spamming.

@Laurens Man, suck it up!

If "the Kemper isn't as complete as other units are" sell your broken toy and get yourself a more complete piece of euqipment.
    If you simply enjoy complaining about what's missing, find a suitable thread - enough of them around already - or start one yourself.
    This one is about what is about to come - and not about what might still be missing (for some)!

No need to be hostile. You could see my comment as what I'd like to come the next days for NAMM if that makes you happy. Suggesting I'm not happy with my Kemper is simply untrue. I like the thing a lot, but I think there's room for improvement and thought when I bought it, development would've been faster. I always had the impression that if Line 6, Fractal and other companies could make heaps of effects available, it would be only a matter of time (and not a matter of years in this instance) for Kemper to come along.

• I guess BigHF's point is that this is not the right place to coplain? Like going to someone's birthday party and start complaining about their defects or what they did to you when you first met years before.
    i agree. Why not opening a thread on its own?

:)

• This thread is about new stuff, so I guessed lack thereof would be ontopic. Why not open a new thread? Because there's an entire section for feature requests with some being mentioned tens of times without any feedback on wether or not they'll be added. I mean, take the Strobe tuner, for instance. I'm happy it'll be added, but it's been requested in about 10 threads starting years ago and I don't recall a staff member ever touching the subject, wether it would be added or not etc. I wouldn't want to be the guy that got a Peterson tuner last Christmas right now, for instance.

And to be clear, I like that they're adding new stuff and the fact that I've not bothered to buy additional gear for effects goes a long way to say I trust Kemper will add stuff. I just think they could be more transparant about it and I don't think we should be having a party because Kemper comes with something that people have been asking for for years. To give the best example, in my opinion: I talked about the morphing to a friend of mine when I got word of it (it was just the video without explanation) and he was surprised something like controlling delay mix with an expression pedal wasn't possible already.

• i think we all could be happy that we don't get thousands of new features which are only half quality
    when we get something, and we get a lot for free from kemper
    its alway high class, well thought in all ways and qualit
    AND IT WORKS
    thats better then getting many features , where the half don't work properly
    or full of bugs
    thats what i call professional work
    My 2 cents

• Laurens, people are not having a party because they have to, but because they are happy. My previous post is related to some people joining a party where others are - as a matter of fact - enjoying and celebrating, just to start complaining and tell them that they shouldn't in fact be celebrating, because - say - there are more serious problems to focus on. My point is: I'd do this elsewhere.

I believe that Kemper don't owe us anything, nor they have got to respond to users' requests or to give us anything for free.
    We all bought the Profiler as it was at the date of purchasing. You knew what you were buying.
    Most manufacturers don't give anything to their customers, they prefer to put a new unit on the market every some years. Of course it's also in Kemper's interest to make their unit as good and desirable as possible, but they did not sign any contract with their customers where the latter are entitled to any specific free update.

Last, I'd like to underline that many things that Kemper has given us had not only not been asked for, but even not been thought of at all. Like this implementation of morphing, for example, including the easy way you can program it.

Again, let people celebrate if they want. No sense in running in crying "nothing to celebrate here!".

:)

• Well, when I bought mine I looked at the forums and there's a Feature Requests forum with the description it has, so I bought it with in mind that it would get updates and it would still improve. It was already clear they wouldn't bring out a new Kemper any time soon at that point. I banked on it improving and them expanding features. It has improved, a lot, there's no denying that. I just feel like there's a lot more to be done and I don't like that we're in the dark about it. It's a part of their marketing I don't like, and I really like the rest of their marketing.

It might not have been the place, but I was just being realistic and turned around something I found pretty funny.

• Kemper has been innovating since day one. They have been coming up with unique and elegant solutions to many feature requests.

Morphing, l think, addresses a lot of things that a lot of us haven't really begun to consider yet. To just think it's a clean to dirty thing is, to me at least, a very limited and short sighted way of thinking.

The plethora of delays looks stunning and likely to become a new standard.

Kemper is trailblazing and l for one am more than happy to follow the path they lead. Roll on February :thumbup:

• I see it like this: When I bought my KPA, it was made clear, that the KPA was not a finished product, but a platform. Just one example: There was the perform mode knob position, it was in the manual, however, it wasn't implemented at all. KPA's website informed me that in the future, more features would be implemented. My decision was this: Do I accept that I buy a product that is in the process of being completed or do I want to go for something that is "finished" (and therefore might be replaced by a new product after a couple of years). I went for the KPA, because the concept intigued me. Now, I am happy about further steps the KPA team takes in order to develop the platform further, but I don't feel that a comparison to other companies which offer a more or less finished product right from the beginning are justified. Simple as that.

• Didn't see this mentioned, but I had posted in the "Kemper Wish List" forum, the idea of being able to have a loop in the delay section to add effects to the delay tails. Any chance the is coming?

• Didn't see this mentioned, but I had posted in the "Kemper Wish List" forum, the idea of being able to have a loop in the delay section to add effects to the delay tails. Any chance the is coming?

If I get it right, some users who have been at the KPA booth at the NAMM show posted here, that we'll be free to assign the delay to any slot we like. Therefore, you can for example put a delay into the x-slot and then have another effect in the mod slot. The delay trails could then be effected by whatever effect you choose (or if you put a loop after the delay also by an outboard effect). But with the updated delays (also part of the information spread here by visitors to the KPA booth), there might be no need to do so, because all you wish might be in the updated delays. There are, however, no precise details about that as of now, afaik. We might, however, need an extra mix control to adjust how much of the wet / dry delay signal is routed to the following effect.

Edited 2 times, last by joerch ().

• I believe that Kemper don't owe us anything, nor they have got to respond to users' requests or to give us anything for free.
    We all bought the Profiler as it was at the date of purchasing.

Gianfranco I think you are not right on this one. ;) Promise of free sw updates has been part of Kemper's marketing strategy from the start. So one can not be surprised, we demand things. Neither should be at Kemper. :)

FREE FEATURE UPDATE
    Wouldn’t it be great to beam a couple of different new tubes into your amp back from the 50s? Or magically let a couple of new stomps surface in your gig bag? In software you already can do that and we make extended use of it. Free feature additions by software updates for the Profiler is a tradition at Kemper. We pride ourselves to use what’s common in the computer world for a musical instrument as well, to your advantage. This way, your purchase becomes even more valuable over time.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…/The_Kemper_Profiler.html

• Oh, I forgot to post that Kemper really pisses me off with release date of the new fw. :) They tell you 21st is the birthday party and instead of giving you the present, they give you just a picture of it with some notes, how great the present is. :( Sometime in February? No way! Realease the beta now! We want to play a little with the present. Taste the cake! Damn! :D

Is this childish behaviour? Yes. Do I care? No. Nobody should be cruel to children... ;( ;(;(

• If I get the it right, some users who have been at the KPA booth at the NAMM show posted here, that we'll be free to assign the delay to any slot we like. Therefore, you can for example put a delay into the x-slot and then have another effect in the mod slot. The delay trails could then be effected by whatever effect you choose (or if you put a loop after the delay also by an outboard effect). But with the updated delays (also part of the information spread here by visitors to the KPA booth), there might be no need to do so, because all you wish might be in the updated delays. There are, however, no precise details about that as of now, afaik. We might, however, need an extra mix control to adjust how much of the wet / dry delay signal is routed to the following effect.

I don't think that's what is meant here. What is meant is, say, you have a chorus or a flanger in the FX loop. @joerch is thinking that it would be great to be able to run the delayed signal ONLY through the loop. It's a popular option on a lot of delay pedals, and creates some great and interesting effects. U2's The Edge used this to great effect on many of their songs by running a light chorus through the effected signal, and leaving the standard signal clean.

Unfortunately, Kemper has decided to produce a couple videos for the profile morphing and really promote that feature. Morphing's all fine and good and all, but, to me, the delays are the real highlight, and, literally, all we've seen has been some screen shots of the effects list. Audio/video of the new delay functionality has been limited.

HOWEVER, side note, I did just find this video that actually talks a little bit about it:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I see it like this: When I bought my KPA, it was made clear, that the KPA was not a finished product, but a platform. Just one example: There was the perform mode knob position, it was in the manual, however, it wasn't implemented at all. KPA's website informed me that in the future, more features would be implemented. My decision was this: Do I accept that I buy a product that is in the process of being completed or do I want to go for something that is "finished" (and therefore might be replaced by a new product after a couple of years). I went for the KPA, because the concept intigued me. Now, I am happy about further steps the KPA team takes in order to develop the platform further, but I don't feel that a comparison to other companies which offer a more or less finished product right from the beginning are justified. Simple as that.

Unfortunately this is not a statement that has been made clear to most users of the Kemper, including myself. I did extensive research to find out all I could before I rebuilt my rig - I tried to find out everything about the Kemper, AxeFX, Line 6 options, and even debated an Eleven Rack... for about 5 minutes. What sold me on the Kemper was the quality of the amp sounds and the ability to have a simple interface without the need for for deep-diving into configuration. Unfortunately, this "idea" of an incomplete product was not something that was ever on the radar. I figured, like most digital amps/modelers/whatever, updates would be included, but I think Kemper kind of screwed themselves by releasing an "incomplete" product. A couple years of R&D without users on a forum complaining about things and asking for new features would have set them up in a better position to have an even killer product on day 1.

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Some on here have said that the new delays will be made public together with the morphing in 4.0 - CK, however, says in this video, that "they will be released a littlebit later". ;(

Edited once, last by joerch ().