Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics

• It's all been said in this thread but I just wanted to add my own comments for the Kemper Team. My unit will be three in March, and it's just got better and better over time, and all the updates are free. Kudos to the Kemper team, they really look after their customer base. Easily the best value piece of musical equipment I've ever owned. Still haven't explored the hidden depths entirely and it gets used nearly every day.

Keep up the great work. Now salivating for the new NAMM features.. 8o<3

• I bought mine 3 years ago with just one thing in mind: Sounding like a real amp I had, and some I didn't have.

It did that exactly. Everything else has been icing. The Rig Manager was a great addition for me.

I think Morphing is the second big thing that is something I will use regularly. Happy Happy

• I bought mine 3 years ago with just one thing in mind: Sounding like a real amp I had, and some I didn't have.

It did that exactly. Everything else has been icing. The Rig Manager was a great addition for me.

I think Morphing is the second big thing that is something I will use regularly. Happy Happy

Amen, brother.

• I, for one, am SO glad that the lunchbox was released when it was. I've had 4 years of joy using it, and no regrets! On the other hand, if it had not been available, I'd probably have gotten an AXF then. Thank you to the Kemper team for letting this outstanding piece of gear out there when they did :thumbup:

Same here buddy, I was close to buying an Axe FX but one of my students told me about the kemper I watched a few youtube vids and that was it. I brought a kemper and within 6 months i brought
    another one lol

• Must admit that the last time I did care for guitar effects like delay..must have been some where in the 90s..
    Did not like what came after the Roland,TC.Electronis and Lexicon-19" Rack-stuff.And I never really liked these stuff in the FX-loops of my tube amps (rev F Rectifier & Steavens Poundcake).So I sold them all in the mid 90s..

During the last 10-12 years I used effects only in the studio.Never live (besides an octaver and wahwah).

Now these new delays make me very curious.For some stuff I really would like to get "new-old" inspiration from nice sounding effects which are easy to use with just one midi-controller and maybe one expression pedal.

Thank you KPA-team.Your product is much worth the money I paid for.There is no doubt about this.Great product,great philosphy,great company.

• I get that. I went through a phase where I used nothing but drives. I had a simple DOD chorus pedal, but I never used it. The last few years, delays and reverbs have become my thing - the pedalboard format boxes sound every bit as good (if not better) than those 80's rack mount units, and some of them even do a fantastic job at emulating them. Strymon's Dig pedal that came out about a year ago was solely designed to recreate the sounds of those 30-year-old rack unit delays. And, I feel if Kemper is spending any time building up quality effects, then you will not be disappointed

Guitars: Parker Fly Mojo Flame, Ibanez RG7620 7-string, Legator Ninja 8-string, Fender Strat & Tele, Breedlove Pro C25
    Pedalboard: Templeboards Trio 43, Mission VM-1, Morley Bad Horsie, RJM Mini Effect Gizmo, 6 Degrees FX Sally Drive, Foxpedals The City, Addrock Ol' Yeller, RJM MMGT/22, Mission RJM EP-1, Strymon Timeline + BigSky
    Stack: Furman PL-Plus C, Kemper Rack

• Hi Doug,

By no means I wanted to say that delays or whatever effect on guitar is "needless" or what ever.

I just wanted to say that it is to every player to decide what he wants to do with his creativity and the way he see´s the guitar and ofcourse music in general.For me there are a few (a very,very few) basic things I want to hear from a musician.Most important thing is that he knows how best to express his emotions & feelings.If you need the best possible delay,reverb or what ever fx to achieve this..for me this is perfectly fine.

I "discovered" very early that I dont have the talent of being the next "the edge" or Robert Fripp(ertronics).
    I also never had band members with the talent of Bono or David Bowie.So doing "genius stuff" on guitar with genius band members who do genius song writing in context to genius,minimalistic guitar work with FX doing "the rest" creating and stealing "space & time from the future" was not for me.And from what I have expirienced in the studios I did recordings for others most of the "minimalistic guitar-fx"-sounds came from the "paid internship"-kids who could play sufficient guitar for playing two chords without getting paid even a $.The sound guy then put a ton of fx on these two chords and for 99% of the audience this sounded "very much" like U2..you know..

Dont get me wrong and let me say again.. I do respect any musician who loves this stuff and tries that "at home".

But then again..may I ask..for what would any guy(or any girl..we live in political correct times.. :D ) would like to pay so much money to get a Kemper when he needs most of all fantastic effects;Dont get me wrong but the way the KPA was advertised from the beginning was like what;To "profile any tube amp to achieve 90-100% of its sound".This is what this tool does perfectly and gets even better with my "learning curve" about its abilities to do so.

THIS is the very BASIC reason I spent the money I really cant afford normally "in these times".

I understand the guys (and girls) who ask for more supa dupa FX or threaten to "scrap the KPA and get them a (a)X(e)YZ-toy which can do these FX-stuff so much better than the KPA.It is just that for me it is very much a cost/value-thing and my expirience says that you "cant have it all" for this money we spend to buy us an KPA.From the KPA I just want basic amp sounds.As many I can get.And I was from the beginning more than ready to get me afterawards (as soon I would collect the money) to get me the "next generation"-fx-generator to do what only this fx-tool could do best.

Now that so many guys have complained about the KPA´s effects and the Kemper-team did indeed react to this wishes (or have it been "threats";) is also good for me.This despite my concerns that this tool will become "to complicate to use" with growing sub-menues and growing "sources of failures" due to the sheer amount of programes and CPU you need for a tool the germans call "eierlegendewollmilchsau"..wont translate this.

With all due respect..greetings.

• the morphing feature is almost an exact match to a feature I requested some time ago; to be able to define the endpoints for any group of parameters and have an expression-pedal controlling the transition in between. Great. Delays and reverbs have been a weak point, and that seems to be addressed too. I'm excited, but hope they also have squashed the transition bugs in the process. Uncontrollable nasty noise in the transition between rigs is really a show-stopper for me. No amount of new features can make up for that.

• Nice period now.

Great new KPA features coming, a good new Star Wars movie, and even a very good Dream Theater album (already listened).

I am a happy man

Haha, great :D

Must disagree on the quality of the new Star Wars though... ;)

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• Really? As a massive SW nerd, I love it! ;)

I'm a huge fan since age 6, but this new movie... went with a bunch of friends, all SW fans, no one would like it. Actually the whole cinema wouldn't like it as they were joking about the new villain all the time. We liked the landscapes, the ships and the main actress though. But the story and the characters... hmmmm. And all those overconscientious reminiscences. Ah you know, could talk for hours about SW but I guess it is a tiny bit OT. But great it worked for you! So you can look forward to the upcoming sequels! :thumbup:

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I'm a huge fan since age 6, but this new movie... went with a bunch of friends, all SW fans, no one would like it. Actually the whole cinema wouldn't like it as they were joking about the new villain all the time. We liked the landscapes, the ships and the main actress though. But the story and the characters... hmmmm. And all those overconscientious reminiscences. Ah you know, could talk for hours about SW but I guess it is a tiny bit OT. But great it worked for you! So you can look forward to the upcoming sequels! :thumbup:

I must admit I haven't seen the new Star Wars film, despite being a big fan of the Original Trilogy. There is no denying the HUGE success of the new film. People have been going to the cinema in droves.

However, I am concerned with the biggest complaint I have read...which is that the new film pulls too many plot points and story beats from the original series. I have to admit, I was disappointed to learn of yet another

• For me the similarities did take the shine off it a bit, but overall I really enjoyed it and thought it was a worthy addition to the series! Loved the new droid and most the characters too, but alas, the gold bikini didn't make an appearance.

• Has it been that long since the NAMM show already? LOL

We are ruminating on the great new KPA feature, by way of analogy. The Force Awakens morphs plot points and story beats from the original series into a brand new film, in much the same way as the new KPA seamless tone travelling and Morphing creates new sounds from old.. See, all perfectly on point. :P;)

• We are ruminating on the great new KPA feature, by way of analogy. The Force Awakens morphs plot points and story beats from the original series into a brand new film, in much the same way as the new KPA seamless tone travelling and Morphing creates new sounds from old.. See, all perfectly on point. :P;)

I see what you did there... morphing the two thread plots into one.