Namm 2016 - Day 1 - New Kemper stuff! with pics

• You wanna laugh? Those exact same charges, rehashing plots from older movies was exactly what was levied against the original SW.

It's a fantasy film folks. Suspend Disbelief and enjoy. Only the Kemper is real. And v4 is a Phantom Menace!

• LOL

... alas, the gold bikini didn't make an appearance.

Wha?... you just saved me $15 bucks, Ben. :D

We are ruminating on the great new KPA feature, by way of analogy. The Force Awakens morphs plot points and story beats from the original series into a brand new film, in much the same way as the new KPA seamless tone travelling and Morphing creates new sounds from old.. See, all perfectly on point. :P;)

You're an ass tutor, John... I mean... you're ass-tute, brother.

• So we don't hijack the thread and stay focused, I placed my SW answer inside the spoiler section.

Regarding the new KPA delays and the prospect to get similar high quality reverbs in the near future shows, that the K-Team considers the KPA not just an all-amps-in-a-box-tool, but an all-purpose-machine. Which is a dream come true as from the point of buying the KPA we can incrementally fine-tune our favorite rigs (maybe even all life long) without the known effect of a next generation unit the moment you think you're set :D .

Now, I wonder about these little 1x12s seen in the clips. It would be too cool if they were active and you can start with one and increase to a full stack. They might be for showcases only atm, but someone whispered patience when someone asked for the availability of these gems...

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

Edited 2 times, last by Fireloogie ().

• Seriously, this isn't easy to say, because it might be offensive to some (which I don't intend to be), but when I find pages of posts in a thread that don't contribute to what the thread title makes readers expect, this tears up the whole idea about ordering posts in threads at all.
    These posts are funny and creative - but really not helpful at all. If you feel like having an elaborated and witty chat, start a thread that makes readers expect just that. Again, I am sorry, if this is offending some of you, not my intention.

• Seriously, this isn't easy to say, because it might be offensive to some (which I don't intend to be), but when I find pages of posts in a thread that don't contribute to what the thread title makes readers expect, this tears up the whole idea about ordering posts in threads at all.
    These posts are funny and creative - but really not helpful at all. If you feel like having an elaborated and witty chat, start a thread that makes readers expect just that. Again, I am sorry, if this is offending some of you, not my intention.

You're right mate, back to topic.

Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• You're right of course, joerch. Sorry mate.

The thing is 'though, it's bound to happen in a thread such as this one as we're getting snippets of info every now and then and discussing them and speculating during the "downtime". The fact that we're all waiting in the lobby twiddling our fingers (and are excited) means, IMHO, that discursions in unrelated directions are an inevitable consequence of the circumstances.

An obvious analogy might be that one can only read the magazines in a waiting room for so long before one feels compelled to converse with a stranger, except that we're blessed to be able to sit in said space with friends, which feeds the OT probability even more, and then there's the excitement factor, which most waiting-room situations fail to deliver on.

See? This is the sort of dribble that results from down time with friends of simianly... I mean, similarly-low intellect to myself. :D

• Now, I wonder about these little 1x12s seen in the clips.

CK makes few quick comments about the speakers at about 2:15 in this clip

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's unfortunately in german but he refers to them as prototypes and that they are modular. Native german speakers can probably get more out of it than I did...

• It's unfortunately in german but he refers to them as prototypes and that they are modular. Native german speakers can probably get more out of it than I did...

One of the seldom moments here to be lucky as a native german speaker. ;)
    I like that video. It was not a professional demonstration but very authentical.

Thanks for sharing

• Thx, haven't seen that one yet. He doesn't say much about them though, calls it a fun project they're testing out and states that they are flat response (what a surprise^^). But he doesn't say anything about throwing them on the market.

But he says something else, which I put into my own words here: His motivation for the KPA is based on the conviction that since digital media can reproduce analog gear to a satisfying degree, it MUST be able to produce it itself! This is something I personally wondered, too: If a CD (which is digital as we all know) can sound like the real amp, it should only be a matter of research and technology to have the digital code produce that kind of sounds on its own. Guess we all know he made it... :rolleyes:

• Since this is a NAMM thread, I will put out some speculation...

Friends of friends have mentioned that Kemper IS in fact in development of a floorboard based KPA product...

• Yup... still think a Kemper "performance" board would be awesome.

... and you're not alone, Ben.

I made that comment above based on what I heard folks saying on the forum last year. Seems there'd be a whole bunch of peeps ready to fall all over the thing should it become a reality, which of course would do our beloved company no harm whatsoever...

• I'm personnaly amongst people who prefer not to have their precious $2000.00 rig at their feet on the floor where there is so much things that can fall on. But I understand how a one device rig can be appealing. My Kemper head with the remote in one bag is very cool too... and safer IMHO.