Anybody interested in Edrums going to NAMM 2016? Need your help...

• This new kit by Alesis really might be a game changer:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They say it will allow to import your own multisamples like the 2box module does. Sadly they do not provide technical details. My band just was about to change to 2box module and use the imported high detail Toontrack SDX libraries.

If anyone of you still plans to got to NAMM this year and is also interested could you please try to get some details about:

- the total amount of internal memory and the max. size of SD card extension?
    - the maximum number of velocity layers for imported samples.
    - the max. size of a single intrument like the snare drum
    - if there will be some kind of converter tool for Toontrack stuff

This would REALLY be awsome!

Thx for your help.

• I'm interested in this to, at the mo I use a Roland but the samples are rubbish IMO so I use it to trigger Steven Slate drums. Hopefully someone who's at NAMM can fill us in on what it's like. I love the feel of the mesh heads on the Roland I wonder what them heads on the alesis are like

We converted a cheap standard drum kit into an Edrum with mesh heads and triggers. The playing feel and accuracy is way better than i thought. But as you said the internal sound of each and every drum module is complete rubbish. The 2box is the only one that might be an alternative up to now.

• We converted a cheap standard drum kit into an Edrum with mesh heads and triggers. The playing feel and accuracy is way better than i thought. But as you said the internal sound of each and every drum module is complete rubbish. The 2box is the only one that might be an alternative up to now.

Have any pictures to share, I'm trying to convince my drummer to go this route

• I played this yesterday at NAMM and was highly impressed with the pads and kit.
    however, they did not have it hooked up for the sounds to be heard.

Price point is very good, though, $1,500 for the 4 piece, $2,100 for the 5 piece.

my guess is that the brain is not 100% ready yet, hence why they are not using it.