UnO4Kemper and the new morph feature

• I just wanted to let all UnO4Kemper users know that your UnO4Kemper firmware does contain support for the upcoming Profiler morph feature if it has firmware version v.1.3.a or higher. (v.1.3.a was released March 17 2014...) Clicking a rig switch briefly will toggle between the base and "morphed" version of the rig - keeping a rig switch pressed will activate the morphed sound for as long as the switch is pressed. Using one of the FCB1010 expression pedals for morphing will most probably also be supported without need for a UnO4Kemper firmware upgrade.
    Big thanks to the Kemper R&D team for sharing the necessary info in such an early stage - and of course congratulations to the whole team for the great new features which are on their way to all Happy Kempers ! :)

• he version number of the Uno4Kemper chip is being displayed in the System Menu on page "MIDI Settings".

And the firmware ID+revision of the controller it is briefly displayed on the profilers display each time a bidirectional connection is established between the controller and the profiler.

• @Uno4Kemper:
    Is it necessary, to assign one of the board pedals to the function "morph"?
    And how does this work?
    (after updating the Kemper in February of course!)
    ;)

One idea is to introduce a Profiler setting "WAH Pedal to Morph", similar to the current "WAH Pedal to Pitch". This way you could keep using one of the FCB1010 pedals as wah pedal, and program it in the Profiler to become a whammy pedal on rigs with pitch shifter effect, and/or become a morph pedal on rigs which have morphing settings programmed into. Of course this would need be implemented at the Profiler side, so I can't comment on whether things will actually be implemented this way. Let's give the Kemper team the necessary time to sort out all details, and we'll see what the official release will contain.

• @Uno4Kemper:
    Did anyone try to use 2 FCB1010 boards together with 1 Kemper?
    So connection via midi into one board, then into the second board and then into Kemper. Does this work?
    Is it possible to double the switches and the expression pedals by programming different midi orders?

Edited once, last by music ().

• One idea is to introduce a Profiler setting "WAH Pedal to Morph", similar to the current "WAH Pedal to Pitch". This way you could keep using one of the FCB1010 pedals as wah pedal, and program it in the Profiler to become a whammy pedal on rigs with pitch shifter effect, and/or become a morph pedal on rigs which have morphing settings programmed into. Of course this would need be implemented at the Profiler side, so I can't comment on whether things will actually be implemented this way. Let's give the Kemper team the necessary time to sort out all details, and we'll see what the official release will contain.

Time for an update/correction. With the beta release of FW4.0, you may have noticed that the original idea of having a setting "WAH Pedal to Morph" has not been retained. Instead, the opposite option has been added to allow multiple functions with 1 expression pedal : "Morph to WAH" lets you use a morph pedal (which sends CC #11) as Wah pedal where needed. As a result, we have decided to work on a UnO4Kemper firmware update, which will allow you to configure each of the 2 expression pedals to any of 4 possible functions : Volume (CC#07), Wah (CC#01), Pitch (CC#04) or Morph (CC#11).

In short : current UnO4Kemper firmware supports triggering of the morph transition with the slot switches. Future UnO4Kemper firmware v.1.4 will add support for morphing with an expression pedal. No release date known, but it shouldn't take longer than a week or so to have this update ready for release.

• Time for an update/correction. With the beta release of FW4.0, you may have noticed that the original idea of having a setting "WAH Pedal to Morph" has not been retained. Instead, the opposite option has been added to allow multiple functions with 1 expression pedal : "Morph to WAH" lets you use a morph pedal (which sends CC #11) as Wah pedal where needed. As a result, we have decided to work on a UnO4Kemper firmware update, which will allow you to configure each of the 2 expression pedals to any of 4 possible functions : Volume (CC#07), Wah (CC#01), Pitch (CC#04) or Morph (CC#11).

In short : current UnO4Kemper firmware supports triggering of the morph transition with the slot switches. Future UnO4Kemper firmware v.1.4 will add support for morphing with an expression pedal. No release date known, but it shouldn't take longer than a week or so to have this update ready for release.

@Uno4Kemper:
    How can I get this update or will it be only available for new users/buyers?

Edited once, last by music ().

• I'd love to see a new firmware version that also supports the looper. :thumbup:

I get that question very often. My reply is always the same. As far as I know looper control was never intended to be available through MIDI, only from the Remote. The Kemper MIDI chart doesn't specify any MIDI commands for looper control, so officially there aren't any. The fact that someone reverse engineered the MIDI communication and found some MIDI commands for looper control in some Profiler firmware version doesn't change that fact. I wouldn't consider it very professional to release UnO4Kemper firmware "with looper control" based some MIDI sniffing. Actually I happen to read somewhere in a recent FW4.0 thread that this looper MIDI control is now "broken" (wrong wording : you can't "break" something which is never released) - if that's the case it just confirms that adding looper control to UnO4Kemper would have been a bad idea isn't it. I have no problem restating what I always said : if you want full Profiler remote control, don't hesitate and go for "the real thing" - go to the Kemper website, it's only a few clicks away ! :thumbup: