Tap button blinking irregularly

• Any news on this? I could shoot a video - but wouldn't know how and where to upload it. The Remote's and the KPA's tap blink in a very strange pattern. Irritating, but not helpful.

• And the issue STILL exists (and its been a few firmware revisions since the last post in this thread).

A tap tempo LED that isnt in time is basically - stupid. Why even have it flash if its not representing anything?

So confused Kemper team. .

• Just update my non powered toaster from 3.2 to 4.2 to 5.0 beta, and I noticed this tap button blink issue. I'm sure that it didnt happened in 3.2! I always used to tap to the button and the blink synced OK. Which firmware could mess it off?

• Just piling on at this point but I've noticed it consistently on all rigs that have a tempo based delay. It doesn't bother me because I never use my kemper as an indicator of tapped or preset tempo but I can see where it would bother people who need/use it. If someone needs a video of it, I'd be more than happy to create one.

Ummm...yeah...

• Super old thread... but it's STILL an issue. So - back we go.

Made a quick video while I had my KPA at home tonight. Been happening for over 2yrs (on both my original 3yr old Toaster, and my newer rack) over multiple major revision firmwares. Just rralized the output button follows it when you're in that menu. Make me think this HAS to be a bug. Possibly the worlds longest running, most obvious bug.. but a bug none the less.

Love my KPA to death, no debating that, but it's really sad when I have to resort to a piece of duct tape to stop it flashing like a distracting spazzy lighthouse beacon on a dark stage for an entire night - for YEARS!

Please.. some kind of official input on the matter?? ||

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes, this still needs a fix. Thank you for bringing it up again. It looks the same on the remote (at least the tap button led on the profiler's front is in sync with the one on the remote, haha). Can't believe this is going on for 2 years now, and no official comment from the mothership yet. Kemper Team, please!

• OMG!! I don't even care if the tempo led is blinking in sync or not!! The most important thing to me is that the delay is in sync. For that I need my ears and my foot, not my eyes. To me the tempo led is only an indicator that tap tempo is engaged.
    When a typical tap tempo song starts, I don't first look if the tempo is in sync. No, I'll start tapping with my foot right away. That's enough for me and it's enough for the delay to stay in sync.

• OMG!! I don't even care if the tempo led is blinking in sync or not!! The most important thing to me is that the delay is in sync.

Fair enough, but for me, unless this is an intentional feature (doubtful) it shows something is wrong with either the Kempers hardware or programming. Signs like this are not something that should be ignored in a device that at times is pumped through PA's at concert levels in commercial applications. It would be in Kempers best interest to find out what is going on.

Additionally in a dark room the random flashing it is very noticeable and distracting (duct tape to the rescue!).

• I sometimes (would) use the light as a metronome to help me count in songs when the tempo really is important. At the moment I either use a metronome or the repetition(s) of a delay. Big issue? No, but it would be nice to be able to use that lamp.