Tap button blinking irregularly

• I'm so glad I've found this thread. Since getting my Remote yesterday I was really doubting my own abilities to tap in time :D

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• My guess is that the part of the os that updates led outputs is a low priority task and is updated occasionally compared to the serious/audio processing that obviously needs to be priority. Same with the screen updates and remote visual-feedback, maybe as the CPU cycles through its cycles the visuals-components only get processed every X number of cycles, which would explain why faster tempos appear more irregular.
    I agree it's a bit annoying but if it's in order to deliver a better audio performance then I accept it for that.

• Just experienced this today. Had a plan to set tempos for all performances and use the tap LED's as guidance when starting songs. Guess I won't for now. Will file a bug report on it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Just been discussing similar:
    tap tempo button reliability
    Still an ongoing issue that im confident the K-team will sort.

Confident and confident... :). They are generally great but this was reported almost two years ago.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• More than another 2 years later I have to push this up again. Its super annoying. And I actually need the tap as a metronome, because I have a song with a delay which has to be in time and I start alone on guitar.

I have to get out a metronome now and watch it before the song and I think that's embarrassing for Kemper.

Has there even been a comment on this issue from the Kemper guys yet?

• Hehe it's been 2 years. Don't remember.

• Seems like this thread is around five years old..Has it been solved in any ways??

(I need to count in all the songs for a duo and hoped i could use the tempo light as guide instead of pulling out a metronome.)

• Seems like this thread is around five years old..Has it been solved in any ways??

(I need to count in all the songs for a duo and hoped i could use the tempo light as guide instead of pulling out a metronome.)

Not solved. And that is a great use case.

• I have no technical knowledge, and this is just a wild a$$ guess. Could it be a bandwidth issue due to other communications over the CAT5 interface having priority, and thus the tempo signal - which has to be sent, continuously, from the profiler - gets interrupted to allow for more instantaneous responses for other functions?

I have owned my Kemper since the beginning. I received the foot controller very early in the first batch. At that time, the light worked as expected.

Simultaneously, there was a big push for instantaneous rig changes within a performance. In retrospect, it seems that the synchronization of the tap tempo light was a casualty of instant switching.

If the forgoing is accurate, we may never get the tempo light fixed with the current hardware.

• I may have misspoken a bit. I don't believe that it's the bandwidth of of cable itself. CAT5 has a bandwidth of 10/100 Mbps @100 MHZ. I *think* that the cable was just a convenient, readily available interconnection method.

I believe that the timing issue is hardware related. As far sighted as CK was, I think the clamor for, and programming consequences of instant switching was unforseen. Having said that, I would far rather have instant switching....but, both would be nice. :thumbup:

Just out of curiosity, does the Kemper Stage tempo light work correctly? If so, my hardware theory may be supported.

Edited once, last by Dlaut ().